Gungrave G.O.R.E - sequel with a hint of platinum

Keyboard Koala

gungrave-gore-button-1661533892486.jpg

The rather average PS2 third-person action game series Gungrave is getting another sequel !

In Gungrave G.O.R.E, play the gun-wielding badass anti-hero of your dreams as you mow down tons of enemies in a gory ballet of bullets and experience a story of vengeance, love and loyalty, all in a beautiful third-person action shooter, combining the best that Eastern and Western game design have to offer.

As the titular Gunslinger of Resurrection, you become the badass anti-hero Grave, an ultimate killing machine, brutalising your foes without mercy. Taking cover and retreating is not an option for Grave, he only ever goes full steam ahead, preferably right through his enemies.

Stylish third-person shooting meets close-range martial arts, creating seamlessly flowing action as you crush your enemies in a gory ballet of bullets. Utilise your unlimited ammo Cerberus pistols and your transformable EVO-coffin to unleash devastating combos in pursuit of maximum damage and style.

Strap in for a wild ride, an epic & emotional story of vengeance, love and loyalty, with more than 12 hours of gameplay in the story mode, for Gungrave fans and newcomers alike.

Go on an epic adventure across South-East Asia, based on real-life locations with a dark, futuristic twist.

Debut trailer:

Latest trailer:

>>  Official website.

Releases November 2022.

f4LlUpp.png

I love how this franchise keeps coming back for another bite of the apple. Did anybody play the PSVR games? They're always on sale but reviews seemed to be all over the place.

Anyway, this looks suitably OTT, will certainly be keeping an eye as I'm very much in the market for a good old fashioned, straight ahead blaster.

That’s weird that they did a trailer about the music - I mean, that’s acknowledging that this series has a popular soundtrack, right?

But they use it to announce that they have changed the composers, without even acknowledging Tsuneo Imahori (except for throwing a bit of shade about the ‘previous music’) at the same time? I like the Devil May Cry music a lot but it’s very one note compared to what was in Gungrave.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Robo_1 said:

I'm here for that! Looks great... reminds me, I still haven't player the PSVR games, were they any good?

No. Avoid them utterly. They're a confusing, badly implemented mess.

I like the setup for this new one, but avoid the VR titles like the plague.

• 2 months later...

Introducing Brandon Heat:

When he was alive his name was Brandon Heat.  

He worked for Milennion under Big Daddy.  He was trained by Bear Walken to be a sweeper.  He formed a faction with Bunji, called True Grave.  Even while Harry's power was rising, Brandon decided to stay loyal to Big Daddy for Maria's sake.  When he died and became a deadman, he became "Beyond the Grave". 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

The reviews suggest its thin but trashy fun and as it’s on Gamepass so don’t need to commit any funds that’s enough for me to dive in.

Although seems silly to have released it on the same day as Evil West which looks to be going for a similar old school action vibe but more successfully

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

This is one of the worst games I have ever played. It's like a Dreamcast game, only not fun and you have to mash right trigger THE ENTIRE TIME

Ah maybe not then

Well at least it was 'free'