IGNORED

Only Murders in the Building - Season 2 starts now on Disney+

Thor

Really enjoyed this. The last episode really reminds you what a great comic actor Steve Martin is.

Conan O'Brien talks quite a bit about going out to dinner with Martin and Short. I'd love to sit in one of those I imagine they have some amazing conversations.

I really liked this, a decent balance of comedy and drama.  Just watched Mare of East town as well and it’s weird how they are similar in structuring the mystery despite being seemingly the opposite end of things in tone and this show manage to make me care about the characters just as much with half the time.

• 1 month later...

Have to echo how great this series was, we sort of had it pegged who but not why later on. However, I was not expecting a season 2 as I assumed it was a wrapped case so was pleasantly surprised how it ended, which I forgot about. Please can we have Jane Lynch back on for more, she's fabulous, the whole cast is great and thanks for the recommendation. Going to watch Three Amigos after this.

On 30/10/2021 at 23:32, PeteJ said:

Just finished this. Just wonderful from start to finish and a perfect final episode.

Steve Martin was just outstanding in the last episode. 

I love during the ending

Spoiler

He gains the strength to get up and confront her, only to find he's still drugged out and it was all in his mind. Brilliant comedy.

• 1 month later...

Watched 3 episodes back to back tonight and this is just lovely in every way except one - what's with all the swearing? It's just so unneeded in almost all scenes and takes it slightly away from being something quite so gentle and relaxing. 

That aside, I love the rapport between the trio and how deep within their own bubbles they are. Look forward to watching more.

I'm also rather surprised this thread has so few posts in it! 

21 hours ago, Gabe said:

what's with all the swearing?

Awww, bless your cotton fucking socks. ;)

Fair warning, Disney + has another great show called Mr Inbetween, it's a wholesome show about a dad raising his daughter while also caring for his sick brother. But it does have the odd swear word here and there.

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

Awww, bless your cotton fucking socks. ;)

Fair warning, Disney + has another great show called Mr Inbetween, it's a wholesome show about a dad raising his daughter while also caring for his sick brother. But it does have the odd swear word here and there.

Ha, well I admit that as I get older I do find a lot of swearing pointless and a bit cheap - it's not hard or clever and a lot of the times it's not funny either (I think forum has led to me thinking this :P) I rarely swear in real life either, though I have no moral objection to it or anything, I just...don't. 

It's more that, not having known anything about this, I had figured from the one and only trailer I saw that it was a bit more family-friendly, so it came as a surprise. It's like in the Marvel shows, they all had some casual light swearing in which I didn't expect, in that situation because most of the films are very clean-cut and it seemed more like it was added because they could.

Anyway, looking forward to watching some more tonight. 

This reminds me I need to finish S1. I think I was enjoying it more than my partner, who was disturbed by the lack of anyone from the Lancashire/Jones/McCluare triumverate.

I'm fucking shocked at the grizzling about the swearing for two reasons.

1. I hadn't noticed it.

2. It's more evidence of RLLMUK becoming a pipe and slippers of a forum.

• 1 month later...
On 28/01/2022 at 12:21, Fireproofradiator said:

This reminds me I need to finish S1. I think I was enjoying it more than my partner, who was disturbed by the lack of anyone from the Lancashire/Jones/McCluare triumverate.

I'm fucking shocked at the grizzling about the swearing for two reasons.

1. I hadn't noticed it.

2. It's more evidence of RLLMUK becoming a pipe and slippers of a forum.

Was mainly because if it weren’t for that it’d be pretty much a suitable family programme

• 2 months later...

I hadn't got round to watching this , despite hearing good things and beng a big fan of Martin and Short.

Started watching yesterday after seeing Series 2 was imminent and it is so so so good.

Clever, weird, interesting and I'm just consistently chuckling or full on laughing at Martin and Short's antics and its great they are in something great in 2022 being great.

Not really a spoiler, but just Martin Short making 

Spoiler

Sting song jokes is just killing me laughing.  

Brilliant, really looking forward to more of this. I've also just realised I've forgotten most of the series one plot points other than who the killer was, so I've got an excuse to watch all of it again! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Thor changed the title to Only Murders in the Building - Season 2 starts now on Disney+

The best thing about this show is how understated the comedy is. It's not over the top, it's very subtle. Judging by the second episode I'm worried that Amy Schumer doesn't quite fit that.

It's still wonderful :wub:

Ep2:

Spoiler

Everyone is amazing and the script is so so good but Steve Martin was just incredible.

"Is that a shadow, or a tiny little bit of his ballllllls?" and then his little pantomime of putting on a sweater before opening the door...so good.

The meta "second season" stuff is a logical direction and they seem to be sprinkling just the right amount of it to prevent it from becoming too self-referential.

I crack up every time I see Martin Short holding his phone out recording everything too :lol:

Watched both episodes tonight and loved them. Didn't like Amy Schumer, but would you believe this is the first thing I've ever seen her in? Here's hoping her stint on this is as brief as Sting's last season, she is just annoying.