IGNORED

The Big Star Trek Series ranking thread - vote for your favourites!

Doctor Shark

Rate the Trek!  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Doctor Shark changed the title to The Big Star Trek Series ranking thread - vote for your favourites!
1 minute ago, Mogster said:

Picard's got a bit of a raw detail being up against Picard in the best lead character category. :D

Ive not watched Picard but I’ve not heard good things! He’s still technically a new iteration of the character as a lead in a series, though, hence why he’s up there twice. 

Just now, Doctor Shark said:

Ive not watched Picard but I’ve not heard good things! He’s still technically a new iteration of the character as a lead in a series, though, hence why he’s up there twice. 

Oh yeah, that makes sense. And yes, Picard (the show) was mostly awful.

Interesting to see DS9 pulling ahead of TNG, it’s a series I’ve never put much time into. In fact, the only Star Trek I’ve ever really watched is TNG (and, more recently, Lower Decks). 

I’m watching TNG again at the minute on Netflix. The upscale is really well done, the only downside being it shows how cheap and shocking some of the sets are. And the late 80s hairstyles, oof! Just got to the episode where the Borg first appear - Borg babies in drawers! This was a joke in the most recent Lower Decks and I had no idea it was a real thing :lol:

3 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Interesting to see DS9 pulling ahead of TNG, it’s a series I’ve never put much time into. In fact, the only Star Trek I’ve ever really watched is TNG (and, more recently, Lower Decks). 

I’m watching TNG again at the minute on Netflix. The upscale is really well done, the only downside being it shows how cheap and shocking some of the sets are. And the late 80s hairstyles, oof! Just got to the episode where the Borg first appear - Borg babies in drawers! This was a joke in the most recent Lower Decks and I had no idea it was a real thing :lol:

It’s not an upscale – it’s proper HD. All the original film elements were found, edited into order and rescanned. The effects and ship shots are new CGI, but they match the original footage in most cases.

Anyway, honestly, I think DS9 has aged a lot better than TNG thematically speaking, and in terms of characterisations and plot, despite not having received the same HD upgrade.

(Also: complaint, why can’t I vote for the Defiant in “Best Ship” category?)

Could probably have done with some characters (and maybe the ship) from the Picard series. I guess Rios is probably a helmsman and Jurati a Doctor? Raffi as Number One? The characters don't really fit the archetypes.

Ah well, no-one would have voted for them anyway I suppose.

1 minute ago, Protocol Penguin said:

It’s not an upscale – it’s proper HD. All the original film elements were found, edited into order and rescanned. The effects and ship shots are new CGI, but they match the original footage in most cases.

The ship shots are almost, if not all, original model shots and not CGI. The rest of that is correct though. :)

47 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

It specifically states in the thread title “Series”! 

Film Series. The thread title doesn't specify TV. 

I'm just bitter because NCC 1701-A is my favourite. :D

largely deep space nine all the way.

picard and sisko are pretty equal though... i could go either way depending on the day

and great to see voyager's doctor getting so many, best thing in that show.

5 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Get that shit sorted out. DS9 is the best Trek. It's a slow start. But it's so worth it.

I seem to be in agreement with the majority on most of the questions - except for best ship.

How can anyone not place this as the best? Absolutely iconic and still beautiful today. The relative simplicity contrasted with ships in later series make them look like Homer Simpson's car design by comparison.

image.thumb.png.562f1ab3f7aec955f3551bec1e9d47eb.png

8 minutes ago, BossSaru said:

I seem to be in agreement with the majority on most of the questions - except for best ship.

How can anyone not place this as the best? Absolutely iconic and still beautiful today. The relative simplicity contrasted with ships in later series make them look like Homer Simpson's car design by comparison.

image.thumb.png.562f1ab3f7aec955f3551bec1e9d47eb.png

Nah. 

andrew-gavrilov-entdnebula01-00000.jpg?1