Lone Echo 2

Valver

After a 4 year wait, the final PCVR Oculus funded game has finally been released!  Lone Echo 2 released to the PC Oculus store this evening.

It was an instant impulse purchase for me.

I thought Lone Echo 1 was superb.  I felt it was on a similar level to HL:Alyx. 

So far (I've played an hour and half of it) LE2 has put on a splendid show on my creaky old Rift CV1.  The graphics are superb.  The whizzing about in zero G is graceful and soothing, and I'd forgotten how convincing the hand posture and IK in this was.  I immediately had an emotional response when Liv started speaking and joking about with me.  It's like seeing an old friend again, and I just wanted to give her  a big hug.

Some of the initial reviews are very promising too:

https://www.windowscentral.com/lone-echo-2-review 

and 

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

This is definitely on my list. You can't play it natively on the Quest 2, then?

No, it requires a PC to run it - so use a link cable, or Airlink

Judging by the reviews, this needs some horsepower to run. Recommends 1080, but reviews are saying folks with 2080 or having to make do with low settings. Can't see why really as it doesn't really look any better than first. Also crashing and texture streaming seem to be issues that are cropping up to. 

Looks great though, but will let's this one simmer for a while until issues are resolved.

Would love to try this (along with HL:Alyx) after getting a Quest 2 however my PC just isnt up to it for this sort of stuff 😭.  GFX card shortages must be starting to cost people game and hardware sales at this point. 

Oh man, didn't realise this was out! 

I bought Lone Echo a few weeks ago when it was on offer, with a view to playing it in advance of the sequel.   But life got in the way and the Quest 2 has only been used for sim racing lately. 

Need to give other PCVR games some love, this included!

I recently bought Lone Echo for basically free, think it was £7.99 on the store and I used an £8.00 Oculus credit. So yeah, free. Got several awesome games I need to play in VR before I even consider this. Hopefully go VR deep as winter creeps in.

I got Lone Echo ages ago and played for a few hours, but I found it a bit slow. I started it again last week but had lost my save progress so I’m back at the start again annoyingly, but seeing the reviews this sequel is getting make me think I should give it another go!

Does the pace pick up a bit later in the first game?