IGNORED

Blatant actor likenesses in games

Pob

Every time I looked at the Battlefield 2042 loading screen during the recent beta, I wondered if the actor Shea Wigham had deliberately been used as the likeness, or whether he's miffed about it. Or is it just me that sees the likeness?

I know Naughty Dog got in trouble because Ellie in TLOU looked so much like Ellen Page, which she wasn't happy about.

What other game characters/posters have likenesses clearly ripped from real life or elsewhere?

image.thumb.png.ce34dfb31cb083b9e2dd73337066ec99.pngimage.thumb.png.e5bb45354f3a877585a143215ced6dc1.png

28 minutes ago, phillv85 said:

Also on the Neo Geo, Bruce Lee in World Heroes

spacer.png

I guess he is also in mortal kombat no? Also Tyson is in street fighter 2. 

1 hour ago, phillv85 said:

Also on the Neo Geo, Bruce Lee in World Heroes

50 minutes ago, Oz said:

I guess he is also in mortal kombat no?

And Fei Long. And Law in Tekken. And, and..

Am I misremembering, or between the initial trailers and release did they tone down the physical likeness of Ellie in The Last of Us to Elliot Page? I clearly remember assuming he was playing her when I saw the first trailer, and a lot of his mannerisms are still in the character.

5 minutes ago, PK said:

Am I misremembering, or between the initial trailers and release did they tone down the physical likeness of Ellie in The Last of Us to Elliot Page? I clearly remember assuming he was playing her when I saw the first trailer, and a lot of his mannerisms are still in the character.

There was another game that came out around the same time that had Elliot (back then as Ellen) Page as the main character. Beyond: Two Souls I think it was.

6 hours ago, Pob said:

Every time I looked at the Battlefield 2042 loading screen during the recent beta, I wondered if the actor Shea Wigham had deliberately been used as the likeness, or whether he's miffed about it. Or is it just me that sees the likeness?

I know Naughty Dog got in trouble because Ellie in TLOU looked so much like Ellen Page, which she wasn't happy about.

What other game characters/posters have likenesses clearly ripped from real life or elsewhere?

image.thumb.png.ce34dfb31cb083b9e2dd73337066ec99.pngimage.thumb.png.e5bb45354f3a877585a143215ced6dc1.png

What the hell, I'd always assumed Ellie was motion-captured and voice-acted by (then) Ellen Page. The likeness is ridiculous.