Jump to content
IGNORED

The Man Utd Thread


5R7
 Share

Recommended Posts

Watching the highlights on motd and them going through it, this other perspective is all I've wanted for a year really, it feels different doesn't it? It's just interesting that you can take the same players you've always watched and apply them differently and it's something fresh. The long ball to Ronaldo where he heads it back down to Fernandes to shoot...all in a way that feels deliberate rather than improvised. Something like that wouldn't have happened before.

 

Seeing a full back cut inside to shoot was pretty alien too. For me I thought although Ole got Shaw back to his best in terms of confidence and fitness, not in a way fullbacks operate in the modern game. The assists and goals were dire, there's so much more there. Shaw and Wan Bisaka were far too locked to play 99% of the time, good to see a team with Telles and Dalot in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

Watching the highlights on motd and them going through it, this other perspective is all I've wanted for a year really, it feels different doesn't it? It's just interesting that you can take the same players you've always watched and apply them differently and it's something fresh. The long ball to Ronaldo where he heads it back down to Fernandes to shoot...all in a way that feels deliberate rather than improvised. Something like that wouldn't have happened before.

 

Seeing a full back cut inside to shoot was pretty alien too. For me I thought although Ole got Shaw back to his best in terms of confidence and fitness, not in a way fullbacks operate in the modern game. The assists and goals were dire, there's so much more there. Shaw and Wan Bisaka were far too locked to play 99% of the time, good to see a team with Telles and Dalot in. 

 

Even seeing a right back use his left foot was quite novel :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now that United have a coach who puts the collective first, there's all sorts of chat about players being used in different roles. Too late now, for so many reasons, but I remember saying a couple of years back that Ole needed to take Pogba out of the side for a while, give him nothing but a Firmino-shaped rewiring and say - "Be that, but more".

 

All pie in the sky given Pogba's unwillingness to push beyond his limits, but I really think remoulding him into that role would have been the making of both him and the United side of the past couple of years.

 

Interesting squad call ups this morning. If Savage and Wellens make the bench, would it be the first time two sons of ex-United players made a first-team squad? Not sure, think so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who's playing where? Bailly is the only recognised centre back.  Is Matic playing at the back? Is it Van De Beek and Mata in central midfield? Or is it some kind of back three with Shaw, AWB and Bailly as the back three and Amad and Elanga as wing-backs?  It looks quite a bizarre line-up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Who's playing where? Bailly is the only recognised centre back.  Is Matic playing at the back? Is it Van De Beek and Mata in central midfield? Or is it some kind of back three with Shaw, AWB and Bailly as the back three and Amad and Elanga as wing-backs?  It looks quite a bizarre line-up.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Who's playing where? Bailly is the only recognised centre back.  Is Matic playing at the back? Is it Van De Beek and Mata in central midfield? Or is it some kind of back three with Shaw, AWB and Bailly as the back three and Amad and Elanga as wing-backs?  It looks quite a bizarre line-up.

🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not against it.  It's particularly good to see Amad, who we are wasting at the moment.  I know it's a dead rubber of a game and a good opportunity to give the likes of Ronaldo and Fernandes a rest, and it's good to see Shaw and Henderson back in the team.

 

However you can't get away from it being probably the strangest selection we've seen in years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Who's playing where? Bailly is the only recognised centre back.  Is Matic playing at the back? Is it Van De Beek and Mata in central midfield? Or is it some kind of back three with Shaw, AWB and Bailly as the back three and Amad and Elanga as wing-backs?  It looks quite a bizarre line-up.

 

I really wish they'd list the players by position rather than number, it just ends up being pointless really and more confusing that it needs to be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

 

I really wish they'd list the players by position rather than number, it just ends up being pointless really and more confusing that it needs to be. 

 

Haha yeah, I hate how they always do that, particularly as they put the keeper first.  My mind always converts the first four players in the list into a back four, which in this case would consist of Bailly, Mata, Greenwood, and Lingard.

 

1 minute ago, Gabzy said:

Mata and Matic 👴

 

Quiet you!  Coming in here with your facts, contradicting a perfectly good bad joke.  :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.