IGNORED

The Man Utd Thread

5R7

Disorientating and shocking, I've heard the audio and saw some photos. I'm shocked. I saw this tweet 

How is this not normal. Everyone has been excited about his potential, the loss of that doesn't mean you don't have sympathy for the victim. It's just natural, as soon as I saw this page and went back one my heart sank reading his name. 

Yeah. I know we have to wait for facts to be established, verified and what-not. United to get do this quickly and tear this horrible cunts contract up. 

Fame and fortune making him think he's just above being a decent human being. Or he's just always been a cunt. Or both. Also the victim needs to be given the best help that can be possibly be provided. Thoughts go out to her and I don't even want to fathom what other things have gone on. 

46 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

Disorientating and shocking, I've heard the audio and saw some photos. I'm shocked. I saw this tweet 

How is this not normal. Everyone has been excited about his potential, the loss of that doesn't mean you don't have sympathy for the victim. It's just natural, as soon as I saw this page and went back one my heart sank reading his name. 

There’s not much room for nuance on the internet, especially on social media where you’re expected to either join the camp which is 100% for something or the camp that is 100% against it.  
Obviously with Greenwood it’s emotive and he’s being accused of the most serious of crimes, but there is due process to consider and he’ll get his day in court.  I certainly don’t feel anything other than love and sympathy for the victim here and I’m not a Manchester United supporter so I’ve got no affinity to Greenwood but I can totally see why people would have a full range of emotions on this.  

2 hours ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Sickening, and a warning to anyone about the dangers of letting status go to your head. I know Mason, and you'd have him so far down the list of anyone likely to be this stripe of bastard, and here we are today.

Clearly you're not a very good judge of character. It has absolutely nothing to do with status, he is a fucking human being. Treating another human being in that fashion is horrendous.

Absolute animal, he needs putting away for a long long time.

41 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Clearly you're not a very good judge of character. It has absolutely nothing to do with status, he is a fucking human being. Treating another human being in that fashion is horrendous.

Absolute animal, he needs putting away for a long long time.

I've known Mason since long before he was a star player at United, and if I'm not a good judge of character, then at least I'm in the same boat as everyone else who has known him for that length of time, all of whom are shocked and appalled by this.

You might be closer, in which case thanks for the insight.

Just imagine your first reaction to finding out someone you "know" is a woman beating rapist is "he isn't that kind of person". Then to suggest maybe it's because his status in society has deemed he might think it's acceptable?

Fucking hell. I think you need to work on your understanding of what has happened.

2 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Just imagine your first reaction to finding out someone you "know" is a woman beating rapist is "he isn't that kind of person". Then to suggest maybe it's because his status in society has deemed he might think it's acceptable?

Yeah, imagine that. My first reaction was revulsion, but I'm sure there are others who have reacted like you're saying.

in other news..

Everton last played 4-4-2 vs Villa, Calvert Lewin and Richarlison the 2. Lampard played 4-3-3 with Chelsea. Lampard is good at trusting players and maybe it's good that he's new there, not already an established way of playing like at Palace where VDB has to find a place, it's a clean slate for Lampard to re think the whole first 11. Presumably he's maybe out wide in the 3 with Calvert Lewin and Gray the other two. Or wide of the centre 3 like Havertz was sometimes.

I'm just going through some 2020 games. Against Southampton where Chelsea got a 3-3 draw, Lampard played 4-2-3-1 so maybe VDB will be the no. 10. As long as he plays and we get to see him. Everton are in such a slump though, bad atmosphere around the place compared with Palace, it's not a good place to be on loan in a relegation fight. Not that much better than Newcastle where DVB didn't want to go. 

Actually @Adrock, you deserve better than that. It's all hugely emotive and I sometimes forget we're on an internet forum. You could be from anywhere and English may not be your first language.

To be totally clear, the whole thing is sickening and indefensible. My first word in response to it here was 'Sickening'...then I said and. Not but. Had I said 'but' you could rightly view it as someone defending the indefensible. I didn't do that. 

If I've come off as spiky then I apologise. I first met Mason when he was 12 - literally a kid and a sweet-natured one at that. I (and many others) would never, ever have expected this kid to become that bastard. Do I believe that 'too much, too soon' can corrupt people in the vilest ways? Yes. Am I excusing it? No.

I believe I can say that without being viewed as defending a rapist. I haven't done that, or offered an excuse for the behaviour. Get it to court. The evidence, which appears overwhelming, should see him sent down for a long time. I'd say the same of anybody, regardless of the road travelled.

1 hour ago, Loik V credern said:

in other news..

Everton last played 4-4-2 vs Villa, Calvert Lewin and Richarlison the 2. Lampard played 4-4-3 with Chelsea. Lampard is good at trusting players and maybe it's good that he's new there, not already an established way of playing like at Palace where VDB has to find a place, it's a clean slate for Lampard to re think the whole first 11. Presumably he's maybe out wide in the 3 with Calvert Lewin and Gray the other two. Or wide of the centre 3 like Havertz was sometimes.

Makes the fact that he failed whilst being allowed an extra player even worse ;)

Oops. 

On Greenwood again..

I also don't buy the inflated ego and status of being a Man United player as a key reason for the possessive dominating entitlement he's shown. It's like the violence of George Best when he's drunk, is the sense of superiority not already there deep down that then is just expressed. That the bullying superiority has little to do with being a great player, but then I guess we can't know. 

It's hard to listen to that audio and not think Greenwood would be like that if he was just living an ordinary life like anyone else. As a professional player living his dream he'll have no anger and resentment at how his life has turned out, nor financial stresses. 

There's got to be a sense of humility also with playing for such a big club, you represent it, you're one of dozens in the squad, relying on your manager to pick you every game. 

Yeah, domestic abuse (sadly) happens around the world across all different socio economic demographics. I don’t think we can try to link any of his life experiences to his current behaviour, that’s just pointless conjecture. 

He needs to be punished and he needs serious help to try and ensure it never happens again. I just hope that happens instead of charges being dropped and it being brushed under the carpet.

Just now, Loik V credern said:

Her father's statement is a bit bizarre, the hacking of her phone being true or not. Gives the impression she won't press charges. I don't know anything of how these things proceed. 

The Manchester police have recently announced he’s been arrested.

3 minutes ago, spork said:

The Manchester police have recently announced he’s been arrested.

Yeah I saw that. Which is quick I guess. Are United not in Dubai? Just in terms of going ahead, I just assumed with the audio there's no going back but I guess it's not as simple as that in cases like this. 

Club has also announced he won’t be training or playing until further notice.

De Gea and Telles have unfollowed him on social media. Feel for the players having to deal with this moving forward, can’t be easy having someone you probably consider a friend to turn out such a piece of shit.

2 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

Her father's statement is a bit bizarre, the hacking of her phone being true or not. Gives the impression she won't press charges. I don't know anything of how these things proceed and whether she needs to? I have no idea. 

I think that it would be up to the CPS now as to whether it is the public interest to prosecute if she didn't want to press charges - so hopefully he will face justice.

They should and most likely will, rightly, pursue charges, regardless of the victim’s desire to do so or otherwise. My understanding is that in cases of domestic violence, there has been a change in the emphasis on this in recent years and they will still prosecute to protect the wider public. 

1 hour ago, sith said:

He's a grade A cunt, and should never wear the shirt again.

I hope they don't try and put some kind of dom/sub relationship spin on it. 

Probs will, bringing this old clip out as part of the defence:

id guess its that Ralf likes Elanga over them, i mean he is quick as fuck! Lingard should have been sold in the summer though, thats just piss poor work from the people at the top...again...

I think Rashford, Elanga and Sancho is enough for the wide spots. Lingard isn't above any of them and unless there's an unlucky combination of injuries and suspensions I don't think he'd play much. 

this I didn't see coming...

alli...only that behind the striker player...dunno what that means for donny...