Haunted Chocolatier (from the developer of Stardew Valley)

QuackQuack

Some more tidbits from the website

In this game, you will play as a chocolatier living in a haunted castle. In order to thrive in your new role, you will have to gather rare ingredients, make delicious chocolates, and sell them in a chocolate shop.

Like Stardew Valley, Haunted Chocolatier is another “town game”, where you move to a new town and try your hand at a new way of living. You’ll get to know the townspeople, achieve your goals and make progress in many ways. All of that is similar to Stardew Valley. However, the core gameplay and theming are quite a bit different. Haunted Chocolatier is more of an action-RPG compared to Stardew Valley. And instead of a farm being the focal point of your endeavors, it’s a chocolate shop.

I can’t commit to a release date yet. It’s still relatively early in development and I want to be able to work in peace without the pressure of a release date, or even an estimated release date.

Sounds a bit like Stardew x Moonlighter, which is the game I was hoping Moonlighter to be in the first place. The dungeon run by night/shopkeeper by day mechanic was brilliant but ultimately felt so shallow I lost interest fat too quickly.

I'll definitely get this, stardew is bloody great and I do like the few shop games I've played. He seems to have a great knack for picking all the best bits of the genre he's doing his version of. 

Playing story of seasons doraemon edition at the mo and there's still a few things that stardew does better imho. I'm looking forward to this a lot. 

14 hours ago, loathsomeleopard said:

Looks great, but I can't the only one looking at that name and figuring it's about an overly anxious simian who makes supernatural sweets, can I?

I'd play the hell out of THAT game too.

First thing I thought was Paul Whitehouse 😛

harry_and_paul_episode_0202.jpg

9 hours ago, friedgold said:

Sounds a bit like Stardew x Moonlighter, which is the game I was hoping Moonlighter to be in the first place. The dungeon run by night/shopkeeper by day mechanic was brilliant but ultimately felt so shallow I lost interest fat too quickly.

Yeah it was good for about the first dungeon right? Odd game!