IGNORED

Resident Evil 4 - VR

dumpster

9 minutes ago, Madness said:

I played this round  a mates today. First VR game I’ve ever played, incredible. Played up until the village and immediately got mobbed and decapitated, but it was great fun. 

Would be silly to get a Quest 2 just for this wouldn’t it?

image.png.621b0a514c1c96b481e84b43659dee5b.png

...because there so much other cool VR content  on the Quest too! 😉

12 hours ago, Madness said:

I played this round  a mates today. First VR game I’ve ever played, incredible. Played up until the village and immediately got mobbed and decapitated, but it was great fun. 

Would be silly to get a Quest 2 just for this wouldn’t it?

Yes. You should get it for Walkabout Mini Golf.

Just played the Del Lago boss level.  So much fun in VR, just so well implemented and the spear gun is so satisfying to load and shoot.

There's just so much I notice in VR that I wouldn't otherwise see in the flat screen versions.  Looking at each of the treasures collected closeup is amazing in the inventory screen, so much detail put into this.

Picked this up with a 30 percent of code and wasn't expecting a great deal tbh. Even more so coming of back of saints and sinners, which everything pales in comparison to.

But I have been plesently surprised by what I played upto yet. They have really stripped this down and rebuilt from the ground up. Weapon system has been well thought out and it looks/runs great on quest 2. Also didn't find cutscenes as disjointed as I thought they were gonna be.

Well worth picking up though If you got a quest 2.

• 3 months later...

Bloody Nora, Mercenaries is difficult. I'm struggling to even get 2 stars on a level and you need 4 to unlock a character. Doesn't help that the character you start with relies heavily 9n the pump action shotgun which I found really cumbersome and hard to use in VR so mostly ignored it in the campaign the second something better was available.

Yes mercenaries is a real challenge, managed to get 42k points and 3 stars on village with Leon on my 3rd attempt so I think 60k+ and 4 stars should be do able soon.

Clever use of the bonus time with exploding barrels and grenades should get me there.

I thought it would be easy but the shoutgun is really cumbersome, I’m going to experiment with two hands on the shotgun to see if that improves accuracy.

Managed to get 4 stars on village with Leon, quite straightforward

I’ve now unlocked Ada and challenge mode, my word the challenges are a hoot.

Need to have a lie down in a dark room now

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished on easy.  What a game.  I think I'll avoid spoiler tags in a game that's 15 years old, but it's incredible how well many of the set pieces work so well on VR.  Weirdly, there are moments in RE4 that suit the VR view better than anything in Resi7 or 8.  The bit with the massive statue with the moving hands is exactly the same as it always was, but my god how high up is that? 

It just works. Brilliant. Now onto Mercenaries!