IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

Sometimes I look at the videos YouTube is recommending and I scratch my head wondering what the fuck the algorithm is doing. But sometimes….

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Oz said:

lads when the game start desyncing and jumping around. could it be something on my end that I can fix or is it server side? 

Nah, it's the game, nothing you can do about it sadly. 

23 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Nah, it's the game, nothing you can do about it sadly. 

This is the biggest problem at the moment. It starts acting up and some nights it is just unplayable. 

45 minutes ago, Oz said:

The drop in difficulty from ranked to quick play is too big. I wish there was a happy medium. Ranked for potatoes (trademark pending). 

Ok, this makes me terrified to try ranked! Is it just getting instagibbed before you see who is even shooting you like in Destiny 2?

1 hour ago, RJames said:

Ok, this makes me terrified to try ranked! Is it just getting instagibbed before you see who is even shooting you like in Destiny 2?

I find quickplay is a lot more fun (although that probably reflects my skill level).

Both modes are a lot more manageable than Destiny 2 though as there are no inherent weapon advantages (and I have poured a lot of hours into being gibbed in The Crucible).

1 hour ago, RJames said:

Nah, not all the time tbf. The matchmaking is very janky though, there are numerous instances where you just get stomped the second you get into a match, but when it works as intended it's better than quick play imo. 

No radar + BR start is the best thing in the game, I literally can't play QP unless mates I'm on with want to because I detest the pistol + AR start. 

QP still uses a hidden MMR to matchmake, so you still get matches in QP that are just as bad as ranked...so you might as well just get into ranked and get practising tbh. 

@Varsity is right. the mode itself is a lot better because the weapons are more fun. but it stresses me out because you have to be on point 100% of the time. or you get spanked. edit: plus the pressure of watching the bar go down if you play poorly.

Each to their own again, I find it the AR way too OP at ranges where it just shouldn't be effective and having radar just eliminates any skillful movement or plays because you're seen and countered almost instantly. 

Play how you wanna play I guess. 

Leaked info on new events upcoming. From looking at it, this fiesta/fracture rubbish is still to return another 3-4 times yet in case anyone doesn't hit 30 in the allotted time. 

What's peaked my interest is this Cyber Showdown event that's going to run Jan 18th for a week. Some of the leaked images show all neon colours and visors and stuff which is actually kinda interesting as the whole samurai asthetic just wasn't for me. Not sure what game mode will be attributed to it though. 

There's also that Tactical Ops for a week in Feb which I strongly suspect will just be SWAT so don't have high hopes for that one, although a swatnums/swat commando variant would be nice. 

For some reason it's looking like both of those will run for a week only and function the same way the Xmas event did, although personally I'd love a level 30 BP for the neon stuff. 

Still leaves such an absurd gap until the actual next season in May though...

hey! I have won seven in a row! I am still shit so I assume everyone is just getting worst.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9476f963b78f8178b79be5267ec825bc.png

here is also a comeback for the ages on that last stronghold match. I am trying to teach myself to do the little halo dance on my one to ones. I feel this was less of a thing in destiny but here I am just trying to get with the programme. this often leads to me embarrassing myself as I seem to either be able to strafe or aim. there is one embarrassing moment of oztrafing here I would make better, and one missed sword swing. but otherwise I think this was a really ok match.

@Oz

Funnily enough after you mentioned d-sync yesterday, the boissss made this video. 

It's more 50/50 for me, played some decent games last night and there were some clear instances of me killing people around corners, so it's not always against you either but once you notice it, you can't not. 

Good games overall though, even got a killing frenzy which I'm proud of as well as a few decent sword kills. Finally synced up with @Boothjan last night who turned into some kind of grenade clusterluck god for some reason. Despite my issues with the games coding and sync etc, it's such a fun game to get better at and practice and even more fun with people on comms, accepted your FR Oz, so hopefully get some games in with you soon too :)

14 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

As an aside @Oz, I enjoy all your posts in here :D 

thanks mate. at this point it is the sharing the clips bit I enjoy most. on a good night I spend maybe 1-2 hours playing and then 3-4 hours reviewing the footage. when I do end up playing longer it's because I have gone to the dark place and there are no moments to share from those. 

14 minutes ago, Oz said:

thanks mate. at this point it is the sharing the clips bit I enjoy most. on a good night I spend maybe 1-2 hours playing and then 3-4 hours reviewing the footage. when I do end up playing longer it's because I have gone to the dark place and there are no moments to share from those. 

Do you record bits as you play or go back to the theatre and watch full games?

I thought I should say I liked them rather than watching them and not saying anything in case you stopped posting :) 

25 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Do you record bits as you play or go back to the theatre and watch full games?

I thought I should say I liked them rather than watching them and not saying anything in case you stopped posting :) 

I almost always have NVIDIA replay on. and if a match was good or funny then I press save at the end. by the end of the night I end up with a few clips that I review. I post things here if I it was funny or interesting to watch (in my opinion). but I watch all of it myself to try to get better. I almost never use theater because it is very broken on PC. in particular, I can't quite tell if I am missing my shots because the camera looks a bit off-centre. replay works better as it records what actually happened as I saw it. I have a couple of clips here that are theater only because I forgot to save for example and had to go and rescue the clip.  imma keep posting until I am told off by the moderators. :D