IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

Just now, Varsity said:

Quick get on Twitch now....#IWasThere. 

On a different note, just had my mind blow on reddit. Apparently the AI that appears in the zones in strongholds looks in the direction of the player in the zone. 

I.E On certain maps, you can tell where to look for someone hiding. 

Absolute madness. 

giphy (2).gif

3 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Oh and @Oz - do you need the subtitles on? 

let me see what people say on the comments and the Twitch chat. I don't want to mess around with the formula now that I've gone viral. 

3 minutes ago, Oz said:

let me see what people say on the comments and the Twitch chat. I don't want to mess around with the formula now that I've gone viral. 

I want to see you shouting out dono's within a week bro. 

my thoughts are if someone quits the match should pause for a moment while they find another player, rather than immediatly drop a bot and ruin the game. same thing could be true about solo queue ranked. just pause the game and find someone instead of letting the team get rolled for 10 minutes straight. 

6 hours ago, Oz said:

my thoughts are if someone quits the match should pause for a moment while they find another player, rather than immediatly drop a bot and ruin the game. same thing could be true about solo queue ranked. just pause the game and find someone instead of letting the team get rolled for 10 minutes straight. 

I think people would quit if they had to wait an unspecified amount of time.  They could just give the option of forcing even teams. 

Meaning, if your opponents lose a player, the next person to die on your team wouldn't respawn until  another player on your team dies - meaning one player is always waiting to respawn but there are always the same number of people in each time in play. You could do that until the end of the match or until another player joins the game to restore balance.

Whatever they do, some people won't like it. I think penalties for quitting games should be considered,  though I assume because Apex Legends puts people on a timer for  quitting ranked games,  but not unranked games, that it's something that has a detrimental effect on player retention,  which is of great importance to a free to play game. 

I don’t play online pvp at all, but I played a lot of Halo 2, and I did play an unhealthy amount of destiny for a number of years. So I lack the context of what it feels like to play something with more mobility like titanfall or apex. 

From my perspective then, I have nothing to really compare this to. But moments like this one are what really stand out for me in the gameplay of this. This is a step forward for them, I just hope they had done a better job with the wrapping.

PS: sorry about the subtitles. 

1 hour ago, sir stiff_one said:

What do you mean? They are shooting at other people. The answer you want is probably “because they are crap”, which is also true.

I see. your teammate was shooting from up top. I guess he was prioritising the enemy without overshield in favour or a trade?

One thing I am trying to get better at is quickly finding where my teammates are spawning so I can regroup when I am the last man standing.

A scarce skill in quick play is also for players to wait a second on spawn before pushing the objective alone like a fucking headless chicken.

Sometimes I ping the lone wolf as it helps move the entire team to support Leroy Jenkins. People follow that ping when they see it. The noise and waypoint is hypnotic for gamers.

13 minutes ago, Triple A said:

I'm not pro enough to support them nerfing the Mangler.  Feel that the weapon balance is about right.

The one thing I would probably support is they give some thought to the map placement of the weapon. It shares a rack with the shock pistol for example

Don't think it needs any change tbh. The one shot + melee combo is good, but wouldn't call it OP, you definitely don't see it every single game, and it can be counterplayed quite easily. 

They would be better off bringing some of the sub-par weapons back in line rather than nerfing one of the few viable ones lol. 

15 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Don't think it needs any change tbh. The one shot + melee combo is good, but wouldn't call it OP, you definitely don't see it every single game, and it can be counterplayed quite easily. 

They would be better off bringing some of the sub-par weapons back in line rather than nerfing one of the few viable ones lol. 

That shock pistol for example is shite. Has anyone found a good use for that?

It's not a bad weapon tbf, just gotta realise it's not for kills per se. 

You can spam it in automatic fire and it stops enemy shields from recharging as fast as normal. As with everything else, it's more a situational tool. 

My friends and I got the drubbing of our lives last night. I’ve never been spanked so much on Halo. We had a 9 game losing streak, it was painful. We’re all onyx players some in high 1700’s. I went from 1588 to 1559. Only thing I recorded was this little staying alive double kill… 

3 hours ago, TommyG said:

My friends and I got the drubbing of our lives last night. I’ve never been spanked so much on Halo. We had a 9 game losing streak, it was painful. We’re all onyx players some in high 1700’s. I went from 1588 to 1559. Only thing I recorded was this little staying alive double kill… 

Happens to the best of us! I've managed to claw my way back up to Diamond 4 in crossplay but taking a few days break from it because the games I've had recently have been bad. 

The amount of quitters/disconnects etc in duo queue seems really bad. Played some with a mate the other night and we had 2 games in a row with quitters, the third game our team intentionally trolled us by taking the enemy flag back to their base and the fourth we had quitters again...that was enough to put me off for a few days 😕

44 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Happens to the best of us! I've managed to claw my way back up to Diamond 4 in crossplay but taking a few days break from it because the games I've had recently have been bad. 

The amount of quitters/disconnects etc in duo queue seems really bad. Played some with a mate the other night and we had 2 games in a row with quitters, the third game our team intentionally trolled us by taking the enemy flag back to their base and the fourth we had quitters again...that was enough to put me off for a few days 😕

And herein lies the problem with matchmaking. Not only the quitters but the servers. The amount of times I get US host or just as worse EU servers with US players on just eating bullets. Not to mention the occasional desync, makes me just want to play a game that works… 

1 minute ago, TommyG said:

And herein lies the problem with matchmaking. Not only the quitters but the servers. The amount of times I get US host or just as worse EU servers with US players on just eating bullets. Not to mention the occasional desync, makes me just want to play a game that works… 

With you all the way. I've not played a game in ages I want to play every night and yet equally never played a game that tries so hard to make me not want to play. 

We've generally been quite lucky recently with quitters/disconnects (playing pretty much all the time in the 3/4 player queue), although the last game we played last night ended up with 3 on the opposing side.

We had one game though which was really weird the opposition decided that regardless of how the kill was gained they were going to tea bag us. To the extent that you'd get a melee trade and someone else on the team would tea bag you. it was all very strange. Slightly annoyingly they beat us in the end although we did come back to 45/47 before losing it 45/50 having been down 24/36 at one point. Partly we came back because of them ignoring other people around them as they were more focused on tea bagging. As I said very very strange.

Also I think I had my first obvious case of desync last night (at least the first time I think I've really noticed it). We had a game of Slayer last night were I ended up going 2 and 15 because it was almost impossible to kill anyone, I'd be shooting enemies relentlessly with no shield and nothing would be happening, ended up with 11 assists, but apart from 2 kills, which I think were from from spamming grenades I just couldn't buy a kill.

9 minutes ago, Varsity said:

@metallicfrodo I've had 0 issues with quitters in crossplay q because its normally 3 or 4 of us. I'm just talking strictly from going into solo/duos. 

I think that makes most sense. I'm of the opinion that any inbalance of the teams in crossplay is most likely down to disconnects rather than quitters. We've certainly had games where one of us has dropped due to our internet dying or the game just crashing.

I think if I was going in Solo I'd be more likely to go in cross play as I think if you play the percentages then you can do well when teamed up with a 3*. It's pretty much only when there are two of us that we go in to the Duo/Solo queue, which is less often.

What I have noticed is that people are getting more used to using the tagging system. @Kryptoniantends to us if a lot even though we have comms (mostly because none of us actually know the names of any of the map areas erm....), however I noticed that when we were playing as a 3 a lot of the time our extra was using it.

*Speaking at the level I play at (now Diamond 1 woot woot! haha). I imagine that might not be the case if you are getting higher up the Onyx ranks.