IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

1 hour ago, TommyG said:

Game winning play.

Oddball on Recharge, one round each and both teams team tided at around 80 seconds each. 

Final moments, they have the ball…

Well done mate. What aimbot is this? 😀

Haha thanks @Oz my teammates helped for sure though as one of the guys had a pretty low shield. Still very clutch though!

It was the guy that dropped on me out of nowhere that took me by surprise, you can see I actually turn around just before he melees me as I heard him running up behind me (PC38x's saved my life and the best headphones I've ever used), had I not heard him and had the repluser it would have been game over for sure!

Not a fan of attrition, honestly think I'm kinda done with this game till they fix the ranked problems. 

That's the only mode I'm interested in but the quitters and dsync issues recently have kinda killed it off for me 😕

1 minute ago, Varsity said:

Not a fan of attrition, honestly think I'm kinda done with this game till they fix the ranked problems. 

That's the only mode I'm interested in but the quitters and dsync issues recently have kinda killed it off for me 😕

Do you play with a full team? That’s the only thing that’s kept me going. I find a full team of UK players usually pulls a EU server so you don’t get as many laggy/desync issues. What rank are you as you’re welcome to join us sweating it out in Onyx

25 minutes ago, TommyG said:

Do you play with a full team? That’s the only thing that’s kept me going. I find a full team of UK players usually pulls a EU server so you don’t get as many laggy/desync issues. What rank are you as you’re welcome to join us sweating it out in Onyx

I do have people that I play with as and when they are on but yea but we are normally missing 1-2 people. I can't play it on my own anymore, I tilt too easily lol. 

I'm Diamond 5 in crossplay at the moment, but yea if I see you on, I might jump in for a few games, already have you on the friends list :)

I played one match of attrition on a solo queue which went really well. I did not have a clue what was going on. you can almost see me in the recording realise after loosing the first round that this played like destiny trials and then get massively into it on the other two rounds. my team was just way better than the other team so it was easy. I can imagine this getting frustrating if played at really high levels because coordination will determine who wins. 

17 minutes ago, Oz said:

yep. I am loving the shit out of this. this could be a ranked game mode in my opinion. I won't play late today though. I promise.

I also won't be buying this at all this week. I promise. 

1905733334_HaloInfiniteScreenshot2022_01.18-23_07_50_66.png

Just now, Talvalin said:

Is Attrition a form of Slayer where the team has a limited number of respawns?

Each team starts with a collective bank of 10 lives

Once the 10 lives are gone, players can only respawn by being revived by a teammate

If the time limit is reached, the playable area starts to shrink like a mini Battle Royale mode.

Each match is a best of three, similar to Oddball.

4 minutes ago, Wallace said:

Each team starts with a collective bank of 10 lives

Once the 10 lives are gone, players can only respawn by being revived by a teammate

If the time limit is reached, the playable area starts to shrink like a mini Battle Royale mode.

Each match is a best of three, similar to Oddball.

was this a game mode in halo 4 or 5? 

1 minute ago, Oz said:

I don't think so.

There was Breakout/Elimination in 5 where each team member only had one life per round and you have to win the best of 7 rounds, but not this kind of pool of lives for the team, and the shrinking play area is certainly new to Infinite.

1 minute ago, Oz said:

Can't remember Halo 4 but it wasn't in Halo 5. Halo 5 had Breakout and Elimination which have a similar feel imo with the tension for when you are the last man standing.

3 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

I don't think so.

There was Breakout/Elimination in 5 where each team member only had one life per round and you have to win the best of 7 rounds, but not this kind of pool of lives for the team, and the shrinking play area is certainly new to Infinite.

well I think it's great. I have not really had a match that goes long enough for the shrinking play area to be a factor. but I think it is great to have that as a feature. I can see how they would need to prevent the game from being too passive. 

really bad team members can ruin any game type but particularly true here. we had one chap go 1 and 7. he also did not seem to understand he could revive team mates. it is impossible to carry that chap in this game mode. even if you are @TommyG level. 

Not enjoying Attrition at all I'm afraid.  Did a few games to try and complete some challenges but by the end of them, I never really thought that I had got into my 'groove' for want of a better word.  Too stop start for me.

39 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Not enjoying Attrition at all I'm afraid.  Did a few games to try and complete some challenges but by the end of them, I never really thought that I had got into my 'groove' for want of a better word.  Too stop start for me.

Stop start?

1 minute ago, Oz said:

Stop start?

Multiple rounds, short games - not much difference between the time spent in pre/post-game lobbies and actually playing the thing.  I just feel that I'm just getting into the swing of things when the game is over.

I agree with your point about bad team mates - had some absolute shockers, both on my team and on the other side!  Which in itself doesn't help the short game times.

Not a fan at all after a few more games. Trying to grind my way through the pass cos there's a few things I quite like but yea, it's not for me. 

Not sure why every mode other than ranked has to start with AR/Pistol, it's a truly miserable combo, just give me a damn BR already. 

7 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Not a fan at all after a few more games. Trying to grind my way through the pass cos there's a few things I quite like but yea, it's not for me. 

Not sure why every mode other than ranked has to start with AR/Pistol, it's a truly miserable combo, just give me a damn BR already. 

agree with the BR point and this game mode would also be better with no radar. but I am actually loving the game mode. I am playing less ranked than you guys though I think.  am enjoying myself more playing casually but I much much prefer the BR. 

It also just encourages people to just run round in a group of 4, which is already frustrating enough when you see it in slayer. Got my bubblegum AR skin anyway so that mode can get in the bin now lol. 

Off to play anything else >.<