IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

I think the issue with reviving is people try to do it in hidding or quickly while the enemy is distracted. I think the intend is you to for example clean up in a 3v4 and then pick up the missing ally. with the time it takes to revive and not being able to shoot while reviving, this would be near impossible against a good or coordinated team or if there is (for example) a "one man standing" situation. the other team would have to suck (which does happen). I think making it quicker will make it more fun and then the mechanic of the play area reduction at the end would come into play more often. here is a match I had yesterday where we came back and revived some team members. it is not the full match but subtitles remain on. keep it clean in the comments.  

I'd originally thought it took too long, but now I think it's about right.  There's a genuine risk/reward element to bringing people back currently.  When I'm out of lives it's good to watch the remaining player/s - you can see when they try to revive someone when they shouldn't, i.e. there are opposing players around, and end up dying as a result.

I'm really enjoying Attrition - the bite-size nature means I can keep coming back for more, even if I lose a few games in a row.

Disagree, respawn time too long. The risk massively outweights the reward as the time it takes to kill you while you're trying to revive means 9 times out of 10 if someone gets shots at you, you will die before they respawn. 

If you're in a scenario where there's only 1-2 of their team left, you may as well just kill them. 

39 minutes ago, Pob said:

What did I manage to do here? Seems like I killed two dudes way after I lobbed the shock coil at them:

Nah it was the spike grenade you threw. Cluster Luck is two kills with one grenade. 

My guess would the coil damage weakened em first and the spike grenade blast + spike ricochet killed 2 of em :)

34 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Nah it was the spike grenade you threw. Cluster Luck is two kills with one grenade. 

My guess would the coil damage weakened em first and the spike grenade blast + spike ricochet killed 2 of em :)

The cluster luck medal appears before I throw the grenade though. 

1 hour ago, Okotta said:

This grapple-jack I did yesterday, ended well, for one of us.

I fucking love this. the blair witch project of halo clips.

8 hours ago, Pob said:

What did I manage to do here? Seems like I killed two dudes way after I lobbed the shock coil at them:

did this end in an overkill there? (you had the back of a fourth chap) I feel like I was left in a cliffhanger. finish the fight!

this is the most triggered I have been in a non-ranked match with this game. these guys managed to get on my nerves. I don't think I was in the right headspace to play this afternoon to begin with. one dude teabagged me and the other backsmacked me out of overshield. I went on a tea bagging rampage that did not end well. 

EDIT: my team were fucking awful as well though watching that again. 

12 minutes ago, Oz said:

did this end in an overkill there? (you had the back of a fourth chap) I feel like I was left in a cliffhanger. finish the fight!

I killed him, but it was shit and not in time :)

I’ve just figured out that I must’ve got the initial double kill from the blue stuff that an exploded shock coil leaves on the ground. 

1 minute ago, Pob said:

I killed him, but it was shit and not in time :)

I’ve just figured out that I must’ve got the initial double kill from the blue stuff that an exploded shock coil leaves on the ground. 

darn

giphy.gif

Managed to finish the Attrition challenges, the weekly challenges and reached level 100 last night.  Lots of fun was had including a rare Overkill.

Fun with a banshee

2 flukey shock rifle kills

this was a relative unremarkable killing spree but I was particularly proud of my quiet confidence in walking away from that last engagement knowing I had won the mental game (if not the shooting)

On 23/01/2022 at 22:42, Oz said:

this is the most triggered I have been in a non-ranked match with this game. these guys managed to get on my nerves. I don't think I was in the right headspace to play this afternoon to begin with. one dude teabagged me and the other backsmacked me out of overshield. I went on a tea bagging rampage that did not end well. 

Teabagging fucks me off no end. Only had someone do it to me 2 or 3 times but I get full on Boiling Piss Rage!!! Yeah I know, its just a game as some kid is Torquay is lol'ing into his cabbage.

20 minutes ago, idiwa said:

Teabagging fucks me off no end. Only had someone do it to me 2 or 3 times but I get full on Boiling Piss Rage!!! Yeah I know, its just a game as some kid is Torquay is lol'ing into his cabbage.

I get it. I take the moral high ground in my head and just assume they're mostly all basement dwelling virgins who spent mum's credit card money on shit cosmetics.

10 minutes ago, idiwa said:

I was already not feeling well that afternoon. on that first engagement I was already upset by how I fucked it up. I was sure I had landed two full bursts on the chap and the melee would do him. it surprised me when he was still alive and then I could not land the extra shot needed. so he found the worse time to get me triggered. when I watched on theater later I noticed I had retaliated on 2-3 people on the other team, 2 of which had nothing to do with anything and were actually behaving as good citizens. one of which later went on to teabag me at the end. so I became a link in the chain. I think it is up to us to make sure we stop passing it forward. I need to get better at playing this only when I am having fun. and not giggling when I see someone else teabagging someone. 

16 minutes ago, Oz said:

I was already not feeling well that afternoon. on that first engagement I was already upset by how I fucked it up. I was sure I had landed two full bursts on the chap and the melee would do him.

I nearly posted last week - had they done something to the rifle or melee strength? Before I'd empty around 2/3 of a clip into a spartan and then melee them and it was always a kill. The last week or so I'm lucky to get away with it. Its not a case of they are countering my melee is more I'm being gunned down. 

26 minutes ago, idiwa said:

I nearly posted last week - had they done something to the rifle or melee strength? Before I'd empty around 2/3 of a clip into a spartan and then melee them and it was always a kill. The last week or so I'm lucky to get away with it. Its not a case of they are countering my melee is more I'm being gunned down. 

sometimes what happens is you think you have landed a full burst but actually there was a bullet out of place. I don't think they would have changed balancing. the game is barely holding together as it is. I doubt they will make any changes to it until they get things working. the game is a bit less stable for example on PC following the BTB update, which did not fix BTB on PC by the way. 

1 hour ago, Oz said:

I think it is up to us to make sure we stop passing it forward. I need to get better at playing this only when I am having fun. and not giggling when I see someone else teabagging someone. 

You absolutely need to. I tried to play every night for rank and to get better and all that ended up happening was I quit out of frustration, not helped with the issues in the game. If you're having fun, stick to playing when you're having fun because when you get mad at this and realise it's a bit of a trainwreck game, there's no going back right now lol. 

100% agree with that.  I've been quite strict on myself with this - 3 poor games and stop for the night.  

Spent hours on it last night and had a great time as I hit a patch of good form but once you hit a rut, it can be really hard to get out of it.  Although I mainly blame my own poor performance rather than any technical issues for that - sometimes I just couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo and that stops you fully committing to 1 on 1s etc etc.