IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

3 hours ago, idiwa said:

I nearly posted last week - had they done something to the rifle or melee strength? Before I'd empty around 2/3 of a clip into a spartan and then melee them and it was always a kill. The last week or so I'm lucky to get away with it. Its not a case of they are countering my melee is more I'm being gunned down. 

actually idiwa I take back what I said. turns out they've removed the ninja medal from the game.

Ninja requires you to jump backwards over a player and kill them with a backsmack.

The player was still alive after you hit them so they had turned around enough for the hit to not register as a backsmack hence no medal. That said, watching the video, the player was facing away when you hit them and then was immediately facing you a fraction of a second later. D-sync issue?

OMG You Guys!

So much for my saying that Halo doesn't cater to clutch plays, in Attrition-like modes.

Check out my being a right sneaky prick, right here.  My first Overkill, finally - and that's not all!

Throwing both nades there was a struck of genius because you don’t make a noise or appear on their radar. Those nades also flash weird in the hud (in terms of damage direction) because it shows as if the damage is coming from all directions. It’s a real clever play. I find in that level I am often seen even while in camo because of how the sun hits the sand. If only I had a box for my head. 

32 minutes ago, Triple A said:

Thanks guys - I'm still buzzing! (with 'nade electricity lol)

Hey just looking at this on my phone but it seems you are missing an ace medal which should have been awarded. Unless I don’t understand that medal then

20 minutes ago, Oz said:

Hey just looking at this on my phone but it seems you are missing an ace medal which should have been awarded. Unless I don’t understand that medal then

It was only the first round that I did this - apparently it needs to be an elimination (final?) round for you to be able to get the Ace medal?  Unless I understood the conditions wrong.

17 minutes ago, Triple A said:

It was only the first round that I did this - apparently it needs to be an elimination (final?) round for you to be able to get the Ace medal?  Unless I understood the conditions wrong.

next time make sure to do it in the final round in that case mate 😁

On 22/01/2022 at 16:00, Oz said:

Hey this is my first one of these medals. 

@Triple A mine was on first round. Maybe lone wolf or the other one you got (extermination) is the next tier of this medal where no one even assists you and you do all the damage yourself. 

4 hours ago, Triple A said:

I just checked the medal list at https://www.halopedia.org/List_of_Halo_Infinite_medals

According to this Ace appears a higher level of medal over Lone Wolf - Lone Wolf is for beating 3+ enemies and Ace is for wiping a team.  

Maybe one of the enemies hadn't recovered fully from a previous hit by a teammate?  Or the game is bugged and I was robbed!

that sounds to me like you were robbed. I am almost certain my teammates contributed to my ace medal. unless they missed all the shots they fired. which is also extremely possible lol

I finally experienced what it feels like to be on the opposite side of my shotgun aiming. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

01AFAF96-5E54-4B26-A475-09E822E27134.jpeg.0f77bf2e8fb21eb1cd59b75ad4b40c1d.jpeg

Edited by Oz

I finished the season pass today. I've played a fair amount of Halo, but if that's it until May, then perhaps the original progress rate for the season was appropriate for the game.  It certainly felt that with the cyber challenge at the moment that I was unlocking something every game I played.

Having said that, I do feel slightly burnt out on Halo now, but mainly due to the lack of maps. The gameplay is great, but the same environments over and over is a little underwhelming. 

Yeah so I’ve reached level 90 something. Generally having fun but the caveat is that if I play a game and notice unfair de sync issues in the first couple of kills, I leave immediately.

I’m done with the whole emptying an entire assault rifle clip, melee and drop dead. 

What takes the shine off is that when I’m playing and winning, it’s probably at the expense of someone else’s sanity. Flicking between attrition and fiesta at the moment. 

3 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

Yeah so I’ve reached level 90 something. Generally having fun but the caveat is that if I play a game and notice unfair de sync issues in the first couple of kills, I leave immediately.

I’m done with the whole emptying an entire assault rifle clip, melee and drop dead. 

What takes the shine off is that when I’m playing and winning, it’s probably at the expense of someone else’s sanity. Flicking between attrition and fiesta at the moment. 

Hey apologies for the potentially condescending question: are you connected to that internet via an Ethernet cable? 

Hey I just noticed this chap just took the top onyx spot from trippy. And he seems to play on keyboard and mouse. Seems to have only played about 50 hours too! Do you guys know if he streams?

84B112FA-6B6F-41F0-A8A8-8DA557FA9817.jpeg

57E63011-37B9-48DB-867F-F351FD4ACDCF.jpeg

1 hour ago, Kryptonian said:

Note the scores on this one, Oddball down to the wire:

This one was general ball defence etc:

edit - video quality seems all over for me 😩

I would buy a game at full price that’s just pushing people off the map. 😁

edit: maybe I just want to play smash bros

Playing BTB on MCC this afternoon, not gonna lie, much better experience than Infinite.

Collision is on, no dsync for the most part and 47 maps from the pool just for BTB only. 

Mental.