IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

I assume the population on quickplay is falling a bit because I keep running into the same people. but these guys were new  (judging from that grey armour with the number one on the chestplate). that last kill was perhaps unnecessary with 10 seconds to go. :ph34r:

Never underestimate any player with the default armour/skins etc.  They're lulling you into a false sense of security.

Example - in Sea of Thieves, I stay the fuck away from any plain, undecorated boat with a pirate on board with no costume.  Rookies they ain't!

1 hour ago, Varsity said:

@Boothjan With the true facts. On Taiko drum master most nights in ranked matches, have my avatar set to the standard one with no funky bells or whistles and for the most part clean house unless I come up against PC players. 

Is it just me or are you getting pulled/geofiltered into US servers after 8pm? I played a few solo duo ranked last night and got nothing but 105ms lobbies where I usually get 17/21ms ones. 

I can still get triple kills on them though…

Playing destiny on Saturday evenings meant playing with Americans. They seemed to play better on average but the banter was a lot dumber. Also lots more alpha males having a go at people or ‘directing’ the rest of the team. I tried to stay away from weekend evenings. @TommyG

After a few weeks of connecting via cable to my router I can say this nearly eliminated sync issues. Happens very rarely still but it is never infuriating. 

is there some sort of high level strat I am not understanding on this map? why not capture b? I had to solo hold the zone the entire match. my team was not even bothered to capture it when it was vacant. instead legging it from A to C the entire match.  am I missing something? only badjuju94 seemed to care but he was not minding the gap. :D

Not really tbh, typically in Strongholds you want 2 territories rather than 3 to control spawns but that would be A and B on that map really, the other combos involve too much running distance. 

If you hold just A and B you trap their spawns to tower side. 

My top ten

1) overshield

2) cammo 

3) repulsor 

4) grapple

5) thrusters 

6) sensor

7) nothing

8. my pc crashed

9) I have lost consciousness 

10) deployable shield

@Varsity @Boothjan would you please come in the defence of default skin users everywhere. what was this chap doing with the flag during sudden death? 😡 this team of default-skins nearly gave me an aneurysm. I think the entire opposing team died twice in full in the time it took him to "Sam Fisher" the flag into base.  

8 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Absolutely horrendous tonight. Was like my bullets were made out of paper, a lot of shots seemingly not doing any damage! 

same but for rockets! Riddle me this

I think the network/servers were a bit funny yesterday 

There's definitely something wrong with it at the moment - went on at lunch and it seemed impossible.  Enemies with broken shields not dying when I shot at them, I couldn't do anything right but no way that was just me being cack handed.

Very odd. 

Yes, did that first thing this morning following last night's horror show.

Could of course just be that I've absolutely lost it, but it feels totally 'off' to me.  Surely I can't have just got that bad overnight?

5 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Yes, did that first thing this morning following last night's horror show.

Could of course just be that I've absolutely lost it, but it feels totally 'off' to me.  Surely I can't have just got that bad overnight?

No mate it was totally off for me too yesterday. I actually went and closed other windows and was looking to see if something was affecting my PC performance because it felt weird. Are you playing on PC? Also there’s that rocket that went missing which had not happened in a long time. 

I started a new account yesterday just to see if I could get to onyx again. After the first 10 games it ranked me diamond 1.

A few games later I got to diamond 2. Every single game after that (maybe 10) I’ve been the only diamond 2 player in the lobby, everyone else has been onyx. How does that work? 

2 hours ago, TommyG said:

A few games later I got to diamond 2. Every single game after that (maybe 10) I’ve been the only diamond 2 player in the lobby, everyone else has been onyx. How does that work? 

That right there, is the reason I stopped playing ranked. 

Although it turns out all the sweat and tears was for nothing because 343 are resetting ranks mid season...yet another shambles. 

"Since we’re going to be making some improvements mid-season, we plan on resetting Competitive Skill Ranks (CSR). After implementing these updates and giving everyone a fresh start, we expect to see players get redistributed more accurately."

And since how you play in social affects ranked anyway, it's all entirely moot. 

Slow clap well done boys. 

4 hours ago, Varsity said:

And since how you play in social affects ranked anyway, it's all entirely moot.

Wat. 343 have confirmed this, or is this something the community has worked out through experimentation?

1 hour ago, Talvalin said:

Wat. 343 have confirmed this, or is this something the community has worked out through experimentation?

Not officially confirmed but people have worked it out ages ago. There is almost certainly the same SBMM active in social that there is in ranked, you just can't see it. That's why, you can get stomped just as hard playing social as ranked. If you play god tier in social with friends and then go into ranked mode, it will have taken your K/D/A from those social matches into account and will match you with an enemy team accordingly. 

This video goes into it more for those interested.

TLDR, Your performance in social has a direct effect on your ranked matches. Your placement matches mean nothing because it's very likely you're already hard capped against people you can play against.