IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

I think you are reading stuff into this that isn't there, it's an update about the multiplayer so I posted in the multiplayer thread. Also as already mentioned this one was already on the frontpage and I didn't want to go searching for the other one (although I'm sure you'd have done this weird negstalking cross-examination in there too if I had)

Now what's betting you don't actually want to discuss the update or the game and just stop posting once you've done harassing me?

But what you have done is used a news update you found as an excuse to piss out some general negativity

Really not sure how that bit you highlighted can even be considered negativity tbh. That they can only show concept art of the maps and skins that are launching in a couple of months implies they've still got a lot to do to actively finish the update, which is different from how other games handle it working a season in advance. There's no judgement there, that's like the most neutral matter-of-fact analysis possible, right?

13 hours ago, Boothjan said:

It's just completely changed for me. I'm getting annihilated every single game without fail. 

Is this down to matchmaking, or is the smaller player base now just the really hardcore? (Assuming it's not an issue with cheating on PC for example)

1 minute ago, Benny said:

Is this down to matchmaking, or is the smaller player base now just the really hardcore? (Assuming it's not an issue with cheating on PC for example)

I think its probably the smaller player base TBH. Normally I call 'bullshit!' and throw a tantrum when I do so badly but these players were just miles better than me! 

One of the new maps being a BTB one is good news. That was my favourite mode honestly and it was mainly missing a bit of variety. Hopefully it's enough to draw some people back.

5 hours ago, Benny said:

You have not posted news updates in this particular thread before as far as I can tell, or indeed engaged with any of the discussion between people playing it or shared in this thread in any way. But what you have done is used a news update you found as an excuse to piss out some general negativity

Which given your track record of stinking up the Halo Campaign thread as well, long after people were done with that discussion, considering you're not even playing the bloody game, makes it look pretty suspect that you are now posting that stuff in here, where people are actually posting specifically about their online experiences.

Dude he’s just coming in to post every time anything vaguely wrong happens to Halo Infinite in a totally normal way. Why you being weird? 

He’s just a totally normal chill guy being normal and chill and doing normal shit posting about halo at every opportunity big or small. He’s just reporting the facts like Huw Edwards. Is that not okay mate?

Is it not okay to be normal and chill for years since the game was announced up until now at every given opportunity anymore?

U ok hun?

What's super weird is I don't even know how I got this reputation for shitting on the game? I gave it a positive review! I've not posted about it in months!

I've read back through the Halo Infinite thread and I'm being helpful to people and posting about stuff I liked as well as talking about how weird some of the issues are, whereas there's people absolutely slating it throughout that thread without people (including moderators) following them around making snipey comments about them months later.

I mean none of you have ever actually posted what's an issue in my posts, what I'm posting is incorrect, I am literally being attacked for posting about an update. So yeah this does feel like bullying, and I'd urge you to cut it out or I'm going to start reporting you.

6 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

What's super weird is I don't even know how I got this reputation for shitting on the game? I gave it a positive review! I've not posted about it in months!

I've read back through the Halo Infinite thread and I'm being helpful to people and posting about stuff I liked as well as talking about how weird some of the issues are, whereas there's people absolutely slating it throughout that thread without people (including moderators) following them around making snipey comments about them months later.

I mean none of you have ever actually posted what's an issue in my posts, what I'm posting is incorrect, I am literally being attacked for posting about an update. So yeah this does feel like bullying, and I'd urge you to cut it out or I'm going to start reporting you.

U ok hun?

• 5 weeks later...

I see the odd vid pop up for this on my YT recommended. S2 just looks like a bare bones dumpster fire. 

Considering it's been what, six months since the launch of the game, season 2 brings.....1 new map for arena. Fucking outstanding 343. 

Oh, and amongst a myriad of other things, they've decided in their infinite wisdom to leave player collision off. Fantastic. 

Legit uninstalled. Appalling what 343 has done to this game. 

• 2 weeks later...

They made an arse of updating it, but the core game's still super fun. It's just that it's a static game in a sea of competition that are constantly updating.

Can't really get away with that as a major player these days, but I definitely enjoyed the many online games I had.

9 hours ago, Transient Curse said:

I just saw a preview of the new maps.  

...are they only adding 2? 

Yep. One for 4v4 and one for btb. 

They should have been prepared with an old style map pack deployment and done 3 4v4 and 2 btb. Or introduce old 6v6 style games. Or objective playlists with bomb game. Basically, some content. 

I think when forge is ready it solves a lot of their problems as the community I’ll make tons they can put into rotation but it’s a bit of an icky fix in some ways. 

29 minutes ago, MattKB said:

I think when forge is ready it solves a lot of their problems as the community I’ll make tons they can put into rotation but it’s a bit of an icky fix in some ways. 

But Forge isn’t ready and a lot of people have already moved on. 2 paltry maps after 6 months isn’t going to bring anyone back either.

I agree but when it is ready it will help. People moving on - yep - but we’ve seen people go back many times before (case in point recently, MCC) so it’s probably not all lost, they just need to get a crack on. 

I hope Forge maps are not the answer.  They're always poorer quality maps, imo. To some degree I think I'd rather have fewer maps than Forge maps.

I don't want to come off as one of those entitled fans that Halo has so many of,  but I do wonder what 343 expect infinite to look like a year after it's release and if the Xbox heads are happy with how it's going so far.  

I think the keyword there is "some". The majority were shit, which was unfortunately a trend that continued in Halo 5, but at least that game stuck all the forge maps into their own playlist.

I just saw this:

If this is correct and 343 are really only planning to release 2 extra maps in the first YEAR of Halo Infinite then heads should be rolling.

I am pretty much 100% in the "WTF are 343 doing?" Camp.  They have finally burnt through the goodwill I had for them. 

Novels - 200 staff

Comics - 150 staff

TV Series - 200 staff

Games - - 25 interns

ARGS - 125 staff 

Someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. My franchise is dying

One of the largest dev studios at around 500 people last I read somewhere, with massive Microsoft funds backing them. Two maps. Game still feels unfinished without co-op and forge.

What a way to mark the new season off with a two new maps (6 months work!) and a new game mode to celebrate the new season pass… let’s invite my Halo playing buddies… oh, a 12 man FFA game mode.

5 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

One of the largest dev studios at around 500 people last I read somewhere, with massive Microsoft funds backing them. Two maps. Game still feels unfinished without co-op and forge.

Around 750 apprently.

For comparison (according to Google):

Naughty Dog - 598

Infinity Ward - 444

Playground Games - 200+

Guerilla Games - 360

The Coalition - 200+

The productivity levels of 343 are absolutely shocking.

Everyone lolled at Splitgate being a cheap Aldi own brand Halo, but to be fair to the team behind it (around 30 people) they've done a far better job of supporting their game than this absolute behemoth studio with billions behind it.

51 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Around 750 apprently.

For comparison (according to Google):

Naughty Dog - 598

Infinity Ward - 444

Playground Games - 200+

Guerilla Games - 360

The Coalition - 200+

The productivity levels of 343 are absolutely shocking.

Everyone lolled at Splitgate being a cheap Aldi own brand Halo, but to be fair to the team behind it (around 30 people) they've done a far better job of supporting their game than this absolute behemoth studio with billions behind it.

By comparison, Insomniac Games apparently has less than 300. In the same time that 343i has worked on Infinite and still not managed to finish it, they've delivered: Spider-Man, Miles Morales, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, and are a good way along with Wolverine. 

Can I directly compare, is that fair Ms. Bare Derrière? At this point I don't care. 

Phil should give @rafaqat a call, have him sort that mess out with proper management.

What I find really strange are their priorities. Without warning they patched out the ability to jump on some pieces of the environment, which more skilled players made use of and made for more fun maps. I don’t think I’d seen anyone complain about this ever and people actively liked the manoeuvrability. They took the time to do that and pissed off the community, meanwhile 6 months later and they still haven’t done anything about that abysmal low quality jpg loading screen that everyone has moaned about since day 1, challenges remain really bad even after promising to make them better multiple times*

*This one's probably deliberate given their monetisation strategy involves people getting so frustrated with challenges that they'll shell out real money for challenge swaps.

3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

By comparison, Insomniac Games apparently has less than 300. In the same time that 343i has worked on Infinite and still not managed to finish it, they've delivered: Spider-Man, Miles Morales, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, and are a good way along with Wolverine. 

Can I directly compare, is that fair Ms. Bare Derrière? At this point I don't care. 

Phil should give @rafaqat a call, have him sort that mess out with proper management.

Wait @rafaqat works for them or does he have an ‘uncle’ that works there