IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

@RubberJohnny yeah I tried playing tonight and it was really weird. Frame rate was chugging yet the FPS stated anything from 140 down to 70 playing ranked matches. 

Any sort of customisation would not take effect... I'd change something and it just wouldn't register.

This is via Gamepass install and running through a 3070.

The servers have been completely fucked the last few days as well, been unable to get into any Big Team Battles without time-outs and server unavailable messages. At launch I assumed the teething problems and server issues that occasionally came up would get sorted, but they've steadily got worse since it's been out. Does not bode well.

12 hours ago, idiwa said:

@RubberJohnny yeah I tried playing tonight and it was really weird. Frame rate was chugging yet the FPS stated anything from 140 down to 70 playing ranked matches. 

Any sort of customisation would not take effect... I'd change something and it just wouldn't register.

This is via Gamepass install and running through a 3070.

So this is still fucked on PC then? Hmm, was hoping to play this over Xmas.

3 hours ago, Thor said:

So this is still fucked on PC then? Hmm, was hoping to play this over Xmas.

nah I wouldn't say it is fucked. give it a go. it's free. I think you will find it runs fine. I have brought some of the settigns lower than max but it is hardly noticeable. and the high framerate and mouse control feels great. I think you'd be surpriced. 

3 hours ago, Benny said:

The multiplayer is fine. Assuming no new issues.

campaign is also largely fine I think. maybe doesn't run as well in the open world. but I wouldn't skip it on account of performance issues or bugs. wouldn't you agree? 

I had fun today again. I was landing my shots and making good decisions. Less triggered. I am recording using nvidia replay because theater mode is a bit busted for me. I didn’t realise my mic was recording. If you listen carefully you can hear me take a huge breath at the start which means I am trying super hard to not go on tilt. You can hear the angry clicking of my keyboard but I was for sure more collected and not overwhelmed by rage. I blocked a grenade with the repulsor (on purpose) which is super satisfying. And I got a 360 medal (the mangler is the fucking dogs bollocks). I climbed one rank within gold today as well. 

PS: My lucky Wu-Tang armor was 7 pounds. 

The matchmaking really shouldn't be able to get stuck in a loop while preventing the user from cancelling and exiting the game. That's basic interface development 101 and a source of some bemusement that it shipped with that able to happen.

1 hour ago, KRP said:

Nice! What mode is that? I find the modes where you just have the br to be a be bit boring as everyone is using the same gun. 

The pistol and ar are really good in this. 

At the top is ranked arena and the game mode was slayer. At the bottom is team slayer which has the radar active and your starting weapon is the AR and pistol. I like both but I play ranked a lot more defensively which sometimes is more stressful than fun. Weapon placement around the map in both modes is similar but being exposed to go look for a weapon with no radar is more costly so I assume people stick to their starting gun more. They need a game mode that’s just repulsing people off the map. 

Big Edit: In the LAN at the weekend they were all playing on controllers.

*I had previously suggested they were on kb&m as the key bindings appeared as if they were keys from what I had watched from the online qualifiers, but that was just a spectator mode thing. You can actually see them using controllers in the Rayleigh event.

12 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Big Edit: In the LAN at the weekend they were all playing on controllers.

*I had previously suggested they were on kb&m as the key bindings appeared as if they were keys from what I had watched from the online qualifiers, but that was just a spectator mode thing. You can actually see them using controllers in the Rayleigh event.

I have lost my ability to aim using the controller from all this time in mouse and keyboard. I kinda miss it though.

It looks satisfying to play this on controller. But these dudes are probably just very good at aiming so it looks easy. their mobility is really what sets them apart. particularly using the grapple and repulsor jump. but they also communicate all the time. I play mostly on my own and in silence.

It would take a long time to get used to saying something more helpful than "shit!". 

49 minutes ago, Oz said:

I have lost my ability to aim using the controller from all this time in mouse and keyboard. I kinda miss it though. It looks very satisfying to play this on controller. But these dudes are probably just very good at aiming as well so it looks so easy. their mobility is really what sets them apart I think. particularly using the grapple and repulsor jump. but they also communicate all the time. I play mostly on my own and in silence. it would take me a long time to get used to saying something more helpful than "shit!". 

It helps to play with others and just listen to pick up callouts and stuff tbh. I've been playing Halo for years but started out saying nothing in games for the same kinda reason. Now, I can comfortably shot call what's important and what isn't, as with everything else it's just practice and perseverance plain and simple. 

I've sinked some serious time into this because I always do with Halo, and many many hours later after being placed in Gold 6, I'm now Diamond 3. I've remapped all my buttons to allow for easier crouching which is really good to weave into movement. 

Basically, if you want to get better at shot calling, join other people on here etc, but whatever your goal is for the game, put the hours in and practice, it'll come :)

I feel like I am aiming much better and making way better decisions than when I started. I do get worse as get more tired and angry and the night progresses. I need to play in short controlled bursts. otherwise I get all angry and start chasing people through the middle of the map. I am having the most fun with this I have to say.

5 hours ago, Oz said:

I feel like I am aiming much better and making way better decisions than when I started. I do get worse as get more tired and angry and the night progresses. I need to play in short controlled bursts. otherwise I get all angry and start chasing people through the middle of the map. I am having the most fun with this I have to say.

Follow the rule of 3 to avoid tilt. I.E if you lose 3 in a row, stop for the night. 

11 hours ago, Oz said:

It would take a long time to get used to saying something more helpful than "shit!". 

Genuine lulz. 

btw @Oz What are you doing for screen capturing games more that just 90 second clips? Are you playing these back in the Theatre? New to PC gaming so not sure if you need a dedicated capture card. Ta.

1 hour ago, idiwa said:

Genuine lulz. 

btw @Oz What are you doing for screen capturing games more that just 90 second clips? Are you playing these back in the Theatre? New to PC gaming so not sure if you need a dedicated capture card. Ta.

I used nvidia replay for the latest video. It records using the graphic card. It has barely an impact on performance and the multiplayer already runs at near 130 frames per second for me. I can’t remember if I changed the default setting but for me the menu comes up with ctrl z. 

6 minutes ago, idiwa said:

Cheers @Oz will have a fanny about tonight.

I just remembered finding the videos once recorded was annoying for me at the start. But there is a gallery menu straight in the nvidia replay UI which has a ‘recently recorded videos’ option. From this you can go straight to file location.