IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

6 hours ago, Varsity said:

Follow the rule of 3 to avoid tilt. I.E if you lose 3 in a row, stop for the night. 

Yep. I fucked up yesterday. I watched home alone with my daughter then decided to play one before bed at midnight. It was a 2am finish. I then slept like shit and today I have what can best be described as a halo hangover. I may just go 3 games at a time win or loose. Thanks for the idea. I feel like late night weekends is where dreams go to die in halo matchmaking. 

9 hours ago, Oz said:

Yep. I fucked up yesterday. I watched home alone with my daughter then decided to play one before bed at midnight. It was a 2am finish. I then slept like shit and today I have what can best be described as a halo hangover. I may just go 3 games at a time win or loose. Thanks for the idea. I feel like late night weekends is where dreams go to die in halo matchmaking. 

Yea, it can be rough tbh. I never used to tilt tbf but after years of playing OW I started to hate losing haha. That is the only way I can play ranked stuff now, I do sometimes just do 3 regardless of outcome but again depends on mood. 

Weirdly, if I'm playing with mates, I can lose over and over and over and keep going, it's only when I'm solo that I get proper tilted. 

1 hour ago, Varsity said:

Yea, it can be rough tbh. I never used to tilt tbf but after years of playing OW I started to hate losing haha. That is the only way I can play ranked stuff now, I do sometimes just do 3 regardless of outcome but again depends on mood. 

Weirdly, if I'm playing with mates, I can lose over and over and over and keep going, it's only when I'm solo that I get proper tilted. 

after nearly giving myself an aneurism. I've discovered there is a solo queue where I can play with other lone wolves. once I hit gold 6 on the cross playlist I seem to have activated try-hard mode. I was only playing teams who were destroying me. I had a horrible time. I've switched to solo and I am having good games again. 

1 hour ago, Oz said:

after nearly giving myself an aneurism. I've discovered there is a solo queue where I can play with other lone wolves. once I hit gold 6 on the cross playlist I seem to have activated try-hard mode. I was only playing teams who were destroying me. I had a horrible time. I've switched to solo and I am having good games again. 

I'll be honest, I wouldn't touch crossplay open solo, chances are you'll get placed against 3-4 stacks fairly often who are no doubt on comms. I stick to solo/duo if I'm on my own because then the worst team makeup you can come up against is 2 teams of 2. 

I too suffer with a Halo hangover today.  This game’s MP has its hooks in - I’ve dumped the campaign mode and I normally never do that with FPS games.

Some awesome matches though - my first Killing Frenzy!  20 kills in that game I think, many with sticky grenades mwahaha.  Must see if the video is in Theatre.

Up to Platinum 6 in ranked now after some decent matches yesterday but still finding WAY too many games start or end up 3 v 4 as some twat quits after seeing the game mode. I really hope something is done about quitters soon because the chances of winning a ranked game when you're a player down are very slim. Ruins the match and you never get another player joining partway through to make up the numbers.

2 hours ago, Triple A said:

I too suffer with a Halo hangover today.  This game’s MP has its hooks in - I’ve dumped the campaign mode and I normally never do that with FPS games.

Some awesome matches though - my first Killing Frenzy!  20 kills in that game I think, many with sticky grenades mwahaha.  Must see if the video is in Theatre.

:hug:dude! I cannot play campaign. It just does not feel as good. It’s boring. I think the performance hurts it maybe? It does not run as well as mp and abilities work better as pick up consumables. You should be able to carry two at the time and good ones to use should be available hidden in the encounter like weapons are. Having ‘infinite’ (lol) grappling is both a blessing and a curse. Who would use a drop shield? I also like my mp character better. I feel younger than master chief at this point (although I am mid forties) and think my hip mp character better represents my style. I hope when they bring coop you can customise your campaign character and it is more like gta online in the open word with new missions rather than just replaying the campaign with multiple chiefs running around. Wow this post ended up longer than I intended. Merry Christmas all. 

There's not much motivation for them to add substantially to the campaign in terms of profit. Think about it, even if they put out some really substantial single-player DLC, what would they charge for it? £20? £30? In comparison the cat ears they released in the store this week seem to be selling like hot cakes judging by the amount of players I've seen with them. They're selling those for something like a tenner a pop and they take about 0.001% of the resources/effort that even low effort single/player DLC would. I wonder of the people expecting wonders in terms of what they'll add to campaign (beyond the already promised stuff like co-op) are setting themselves up for disappointment.

54 minutes ago, Harsin said:

There's not much motivation for them to add substantially to the campaign in terms of profit. Think about it, even if they put out some really substantial single-player DLC, what would they charge for it? £20? £30? In comparison the cat ears they released in the store this week seem to be selling like hot cakes judging by the amount of players I've seen with them. They're selling those for something like a tenner a pop and they take about 0.001% of the resources/effort that even low effort single/player DLC would. I wonder of the people expecting wonders in terms of what they'll add to campaign (beyond the already promised stuff like co-op) are setting themselves up for disappointment.

What about if you bring your mp character and can get your cat ears into single player though? How much money are they making from gta online? Don’t you agree @Harsin

Who knows what was in the 2/3 of the game they threw out in 2019. Maybe there was a prologue level on earth or something. I think we can assume there was meant to be a desert area from concept art and the existence of the Behemoth map. The MP tutorial (which loads of players will never even bother trying) has a lavish expensive looking CGI intro for some reason, while in the main game cutscenes are generally relegated to cheapo in-engine shots of Master Chief and Cortana are stood static while the camera pans round them.

1 hour ago, Oz said:

look! I made platinum! I am finally average! this was on the wrong playlist too! I know most of you started here but this was a big deal for me ok?

Hide contents

Congrats dude, no-ones skill level should be diminished, I play with people from silver to Onyx lol, always feels good to rank up! 

4 hours ago, Waggo said:

After what must be hundreds of attempts I have just managed by first win on FFA Slayer. 🤩

I am buzzing right now & it’s Christmas to boot.🎄🎁🍻

Great feeling isn’t it? I managed my first solo FFA win the other day and remain jaw dropped I did it.

Absolutely loving this, I’m avoiding ranked as I’ll get brought back to Earth with a bump but really loving the fact you can be distinctly average at PvP shooters and still manage to successfully compete in this game, in quick play and the non ranked play lists at any rate.

15 minutes ago, Waggo said:

Nice one cheers.  I totally did not know you could do that.

it's a bit broken on PC for example the radar does not work and your weapon looks weird from first person. but still great feature. I can't believe this is not available in all games. it is great if you are interested in learning from watching the mistakes you made. 

PS: heads up older matches get deleted quickly. make sure to check the games you are really insterested in before playing much longer. 

36 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Absolutely loving this, I’m avoiding ranked as I’ll get brought back to Earth with a bump but really loving the fact you can be distinctly average at PvP shooters and still manage to successfully compete in this game, in quick play and the non ranked play lists at any rate.

Unless you are worried actually about what your rank is I’d suggest jumping into it. The matchmaking is tighter meaning you should get more even games. Quick play is called that for a reason it will be trying to get you into a game pronto and so is looser with skill levels and ping. However as the pool is prettY large it’s not like you actually wait any longer in ranked.

I find Quick play one match you’ll dominate and then the next you’ll be utterly crushed. Ranked tends to be closer. Also ranked has BR starts which I admit is personal preference but I much prefer (tbh I utterly hate the AR/sidekick starts in the other playlists)

46 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Unless you are worried actually about what your rank is I’d suggest jumping into it. The matchmaking is tighter meaning you should get more even games. Quick play is called that for a reason it will be trying to get you into a game pronto and so is looser with skill levels and ping. However as the pool is prettY large it’s not like you actually wait any longer in ranked.

I find Quick play one match you’ll dominate and then the next you’ll be utterly crushed. Ranked tends to be closer. Also ranked has BR starts which I admit is personal preference but I much prefer (tbh I utterly hate the AR/sidekick starts in the other playlists)

Yeah I don’t really like the BR start in ranked as I’m a spray and play auto rifle kind of guy, so I’ll play happily with the quick play opening combo rather than I need a better weapon the moment I start in ranked.

Also it does feel more tense in ranked, dunno what it is exactly. Had some fabulous games in quick play and rarely found we get stomped by a 3 or 4 stack so as a solo player feels more fair.

1 hour ago, metallicfrodo said:

Can't agree on the tighter matchmaking to be honest. I'm still getting put on teams with people who are still unranked and/or multiple tiers lower than me. I read somewhere its' done on purpose as in their eyes 1 higher tier person + 3 unranked or low tier is apparently even as the high should balance the low out....but Halo doesn't work like that. 

This is only if I queue solo though. If I'm in twos or fours with friends, I'll admit it's more balanced, it just puts me off playing ranked at all if no1 is online. Which, like yourself, I prefer the BR start and personally only play for rank so QP and the other playlists hold no value to me. 

yeh I side with @Varsity over @metallicfrodo 

I had one night where the game served me 10 consecutive impossible matches in ranked. 

Solo queue is where I found a home in the end. 

The starting matches I had the global ranked playlist where really good but as you climb up you start getting teams and it becomes near impossible.