Jump to content
IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc


Benny
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Some oddballing.

 

 

I didn’t bring my elite controller with me, took some getting used to the regular sticks again 😩

What sticks do you use on the elite? The tall ones? I found I kept catching my thumb on the tall right stick when using my right hand to press the d-pad or any of the central buttons, and didn’t feel much (any) benefit from the taller stick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Pob said:

What sticks do you use on the elite? The tall ones? I found I kept catching my thumb on the tall right stick when using my right hand to press the d-pad or any of the central buttons, and didn’t feel much (any) benefit from the taller stick. 


Tall stick on the right only 😎

 

I under use the paddles though, I have one to switch grenades and one to mark enemies which I actually use loads but was mocked that it wasn’t something more useful like reload or something…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Oz said:

it's a bit broken on PC for example the radar does not work and your weapon looks weird from first person. but still great feature. I can't believe this is not available in all games. it is great if you are interested in learning from watching the mistakes you made. 

 

PS: heads up older matches get deleted quickly. make sure to check the games you are really insterested in before playing much longer. 

 

I don't know if its just me but when I last had a fanny about with Theatre (PC) it was changing my Spartan's voice to some hey bro surfer accent and Butler to some fem voiced bot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, idiwa said:

 

I don't know if its just me but when I last had a fanny about with Theatre (PC) it was changing my Spartan's voice to some hey bro surfer accent and Butler to some fem voiced bot.

Yeh that’s broken too. Still good feature

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Pob said:

What sticks do you use on the elite? The tall ones? I found I kept catching my thumb on the tall right stick when using my right hand to press the d-pad or any of the central buttons, and didn’t feel much (any) benefit from the taller stick. 

 You use your right had on the d-pad! What madness is that :P?

 

I'm the same as Krypt, tall stick on the right, normal on the left, feels like you have so much more control over aiming. However the paddles are obviously meant to be for x (reload, pickup) and a (jump).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:


Tall stick on the right only 😎

 

I under use the paddles though, I have one to switch grenades and one to mark enemies which I actually use loads but was mocked that it wasn’t something more useful like reload or something…

That's exactly how I have them set up for multiplayer. Paddle for spotting is essential as you're basically 'shooting' at an enemy to mark them (like Battlefield and Apex), so it can't be something that needs you to remove your thumbs from the sticks for if you want to use it effectively.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Oz said:

yeh I side with @Varsity over @metallicfrodo 

I had one night where the game served me 10 consecutive impossible matches in ranked. 

Solo queue is where I found a home in the end. 

The starting matches I had the global ranked playlist where really good but as you climb up you start getting teams and it becomes near impossible. 

 

Well I did mean solo/duo ranked if you are playing on your own or in a two. I mean you will come across those runs where you lose endlessly but in my experience they tend to be much closer than the ridiculous swings you get in social.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

 You use your right had on the d-pad! What madness is that :P?

 

I'm the same as Krypt, tall stick on the right, normal on the left, feels like you have so much more control over aiming. However the paddles are obviously meant to be for x (reload, pickup) and a (jump).

Of course! Otherwise you have to stop moving to use the d-pad. It's good to have the option to use your right or left hand for the d-pad, which is one of the main reasons I prefer the Xbox pad layout.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pob said:

What sticks do you use on the elite? The tall ones? I found I kept catching my thumb on the tall right stick when using my right hand to press the d-pad or any of the central buttons, and didn’t feel much (any) benefit from the taller stick. 

I use a short one on the left and a tall on the right. I kid myself that it gives me EXTRA PRECISION when aiming. I think I might try swapping back to two low ones though. 

 

I don't have an issue with moving my right thumb over to the D-pad but it has JUST occurred to me that I could remap the face buttons to do the D-pad functions in the accessories app, which I am definitely going to do because that would be easier. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wahwah* said:

I use a short one on the left and a tall on the right. I kid myself that it gives me EXTRA PRECISION when aiming. I think I might try swapping back to two low ones though. 

 

I don't have an issue with moving my right thumb over to the D-pad but it has JUST occurred to me that I could remap the face buttons to do the D-pad functions in the accessories app, which I am definitely going to do because that would be easier. 

Yes that’s what I do, with left paddle acting as a shift button. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wahwah* said:

I use a short one on the left and a tall on the right. I kid myself that it gives me EXTRA PRECISION when aiming. I think I might try swapping back to two low ones though. 


I was on the default pad last night and it did feel worse but realistically only because I’m used to the other sticks. My aim was wildly swinging all over for ages and I imagine it’ll be the same when I go back to the elite pad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes when we’re playing as a 3 we’ll get a message on the in game chat thing from our random guy saying something like ‘ffs guys you should be over here with me’ when he’s running off into the enemy by himself and is on 2 kills and 10 deaths while we’re sticking together 🤷🏻‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dno if we just got easy games last night or what, but MP feels like open season at the moment. Played about 20 matches last night in a group and we only lost about 3 of em.

 

I played a couple duo's this morning and again stomped the enemy team. I have visions of Onyx in sight over the next few days :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Varsity said:

Dno if we just got easy games last night or what, but MP feels like open season at the moment. Played about 20 matches last night in a group and we only lost about 3 of em.

 

I played a couple duo's this morning and again stomped the enemy team. I have visions of Onyx in sight over the next few days :D

 

After the session we last played and not being able to play last night, this upsets me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm about 8 hours into the campaign and been slowly building up the Spartan bits, exploring the map but it all seems to be a bit.. boring. Nothing really changes beyond the usual shooter bits with each map choice being a FOB, Spartan core or armour upgrade. Everything is very copy/paste so is this it? Does it get better as the game goes on and expand with different things to do? I've not found a Banshee yet so its all on foot. I read in a couple of reviews that the campaign is around 12 hours long so I'm wondering if it's plateaued for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

I'm about 8 hours into the campaign and been slowly building up the Spartan bits, exploring the map but it all seems to be a bit.. boring. Nothing really changes beyond the usual shooter bits with each map choice being a FOB, Spartan core or armour upgrade. Everything is very copy/paste so is this it? Does it get better as the game goes on and expand with different things to do? I've not found a Banshee yet so its all on foot. I read in a couple of reviews that the campaign is around 12 hours long so I'm wondering if it's plateaued for me.

this is both the wrong and right thread for this post. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.