IGNORED

Radiohead Kid A Mnesia Exhibition (free and out now on PS5, PC and Mac)

Eighthours

This made me go from zero to puke in about 5 minutes. And that’s not a criticism of the music. It’s spectacular to look at, but easily the most nausea-inducing piece of interactive entertainment I’ve ever experienced. 

1 hour ago, Popo said:

This made me go from zero to puke in about 5 minutes. And that’s not a criticism of the music. It’s spectacular to look at, but easily the most nausea-inducing piece of interactive entertainment I’ve ever experienced. 

Funny how that works. I had no problem with this or literally anything else but for some reason can’t play Alien Isolation because of motion sickness. It’s like one of my favourite movies of all time too. :(

37 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

@Sarlaccfood The field of view is ridiculously narrow in Alien Isolation, but I managed to fix it. I think it was this solution I used;

https://steamcommunity.com/app/214490/discussions/0/616189743020458519/

I managed to get through the game with no issues after that.

Edit: Hoping you're playing on PC, apologies/commiserations if not.

Alas I’m on console. But thanks anyway!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/spotlights/creating-kid-a-mnesia-an-exclusive-look-at-radiohead-s-new-virtual-exhibit

Nice piece on the creation of this.

Still my favorite “gaming” experience of 2021, utilizing the medium in truly new and interesting ways. This could never have been a traditional exhibition and exist as anything else than a videogame, with the way things warp and shift or the dimensional impossibilities of several spaces and how they connect. Some of the rooms are the most interesting virtual spaces I’ve ever seen.