IGNORED

Quid Game - An idea that's gone way too far.

Dudley

I love this. If I had a youtube channel I would be all over this, begging to join. Its similar to a game me and my mate would play way back...see who can buy the best game for a fiver. 

Pimp my ride is not what I was expecting either. I was expecting a fast paced NFS Underground clone. Not a pedestrian dull Sega GT at night. I have never played TimeShift but I do feel Bloggo was a bit harsh. It looked okish as a cheap Halo/ Max Payne/ Blinx crossover. Especially for a quids.

I think he got annoyed by that whole quicksave incident :D

The prevailing theory we have is that that Pimp my ride engine is borrowed from elsewhere, possibly Street Racing Syndicate.

More tomorrow with an actually good game...

On 19/11/2021 at 17:00, Dudley said:

Retro Gaming doesn't need to be expensive, you can still buy games for a pound.  And thanks to working backwards from an awful, awful pun I and several YouTube people who literally exist will be proving it to you, starting with me and Pimp My Ride MTV Street Racing on PS2.

Further Quid Game releases are coming Tomorrow, Monday, Wednesday and Friday from people such as Bloggo's Pow, Daph Blake, Timberwolf, GigerPunk and for probably all time from a frankly worrying number of people until people forget Squid Game exists.

If you want to be involved and can make and upload a video to youtube DM and I'll give you all the details about adding it to the ongoing playlist...

I've got 32 followers and only do repair video's, but I could very well be up for doing one of these, will need to buy some kind of capture card, ut yeah, it would be quite fun to get involved in, and it's not like I don't have a plethora of consoles to play the games on....DM incoming later, once I've watched it 😛  

This is a great idea for a series, and getting others involved is neat.

I didn't think I had much retro hardware anymore but I do have a GB, DS (& GBA) and 360 around here, so I might think about it. :D 

For the record I am very happy for you to emulate a game that plausibly fits.  Mine happened to be off a real PS2 but I know several upcoming that aren't and one that's a real PS2 disk running on a PC Emulator.

And there are 2 or 3 ideas coming that basically deconstruct the entire process.

My abiding memory of that game was buying it in HMV and it setting the alarm off as I left the shop. The guy waved me through saying it had been playing up all day. Good job he didn't find all the CDs I'd swiped ho ho.

The game though, tough, very tough. Looked fantastic on my 800mhz PC with a shiny new Geforce 2. Bought it purely on the strength of it being by Magnetic Fields. 

1 hour ago, Vimster said:

My abiding memory of that game was buying it in HMV and it setting the alarm off as I left the shop. The guy waved me through saying it had been playing up all day. Good job he didn't find all the CDs I'd swiped ho ho.

HMV have gone bust twice since then. I hope you're happy.

Almost certainly.  Especially if there's a story there.

I suspect you mean a little game shop but I'd love it if there's some Japanese version of Minder where he's got 16 hooky copies of Rastan in a trenchcoat.

Incidentally I know of more entries in this today, tomorrow, Sunday and at 3 least hopefully next week.  The internet is amazing.  Of all the weird cameos, former poster and internet legend Ashens took some photos for the "Squid's in" video above.   Because he's a nice chap.