IGNORED

The Power of the Dog - Directed by Jane Campion

Scratchy Bollock

I did a search but couldn't find anything on this and this is a film that definitely deserves its own topic. It's Jane Campion's first film in over a decade and for my money, this might just be the best film of the year with some truly startling and layered performances, an amazing score by Jonny Greenwood and some of the most incredible cinematography I've seen in years.

As a visual spectacle alone, it's certainly up there with Dune and it really should be seen on the biggest screen possible.

It's a sort of Gothic Western but at its core it's an exploration into toxic masculinity.

• 2 weeks later...

This is now on Netflix and I agree it’s up there with the best of the year.  Fantastic performances, incredible cinematography (I wish I’d seen it at the cinema but it looks splendid in Dolby Vision) and soundtrack.  Must be nailed on for a load of Oscar’s next year.

• 1 month later...