Hallmark Christmas movies

sid

These are amazing, first time Xmas experience for me.

post reviews in here….. I highly recommend the christmas chalet 8/10 currently on channel 5 catch up. But these bad boys are showing daily between 11 and 4 on channel 5. I think you can get them on amazing with a hallmark add on for bugger all.

40A00AE9-15F5-46B7-AD91-D8B10B7BC00F.jpeg

My Mum was watching one the other day where a dishy chef with a vegan daughter has a restaurant that's going under and needs to sell his recipes to a big global corporation so they can make ready meals. I think he ends up boshing the CEO's assistant or something and everything works out okay in the end. From recollection it was called Recipe for Christmas or something. I actually felt my brain being damaged watching it, and I will sit through literally anything.

There are always at least ten new films per year where someone from the big city who hates the holidays is sent back to their hometown of Yuletide, New Hampshire to either shut down the snow globe factory or extract the most festive residents' blood to make perfume or whatever. They run into their ridiculously handsome first love who bloody loves scarves and learn the true meaning of Christmas, and perhaps even themselves.

10 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Yes, Channel 5.

You are clearly not aware of Great! Movies Christmas on channel 51, which today is showing Christmas Manger, A Puppy for Christmas, The Christmas Sitters, All I Want For Christmas, Home By Christmas, Crown for Christmas, The Christmas Ornament, Eve's Christmas and A Christmas Eve Miracle.

My other half is always watching them. 

They are so fucking terrible that I get angry even having to watch them in the background. 

They are all identical as well. 

2 minutes ago, Plissken said:

You are clearly not aware of Great! Movies Christmas on channel 51, which today is showing Christmas Manger, A Puppy for Christmas, The Christmas Sitters, All I Want For Christmas, Home By Christmas, Crown for Christmas, The Christmas Ornament, Eve's Christmas and A Christmas Eve Miracle.

Heh I know, my mom watches that channel all the time.

C5 though are bananas for Christmas flicks,  the Sunday slot after Friends is likely to be a Christmas movie on around 50% of occasions, regardless of the season.

6 minutes ago, Plissken said:

This channel is a step down from the Hallmark stuff.

4 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

My Mum was watching one the other day where a dishy chef with a vegan daughter has a restaurant that's going under and needs to sell his recipes to a big global corporation so they can make ready meals. I think he ends up boshing the CEO's assistant or something and everything works out okay in the end. From recollection it was called Recipe for Christmas or something. I actually felt my brain being damaged watching it, and I will sit through literally anything.

you fucking loved it and you know it

2 hours ago, spork said:

This channel is a step down from the Hallmark stuff.

A high bar indeed 😂 

Standard story in all of them, there’s a drinking game in there I recon :

- going to a small town

- his or her granny or child playing cupid

- a cookie or cupcake or gingerbread shop

- the ex husband stirring it up

- horse drawn carriage

- a competition eg baking

- a double booked accommodation

- a crisis of confidence

There's a real rotation of the same actors in a lot of the films too. If you cycle through all the channels and don't find Lacey Chabert, I'll give you the money myself. What a filmography

A Holiday Heist

Christmas Mingle

A Royal Christmas

The Tree That Saved Christmas

Family for Christmas

A Christmas Melody

A Wish For Christmas

The Sweetest Christmas

Pride, Prejudice & Mistletoe

Christmas in Rome

Winter in Vail

Time for Us to Come Home for Christmas

The Christmas Waltz

Christmas at Castle Hart

And my personal favourite:

Black Christmas - On Christmas Eve, an escaped maniac returns to his childhood home, which is now a sorority house, and begins to murder the sorority sisters one by one.

Yes, they're all crap. But ...sometimes you need to watch one to scratch a weird itch. 

But there are so many of the bloody things. And they are of varying degrees of crappiness. You just have to pick at random, by what's on Channel 5 next, but it ranges to stuff that are just a long advert for a mall, some dodgy as fuck hidden Christianity, to a Hallmark/Lifetime/Netflix proper attempt with one of their top-tier recognisable didn't quite make it as a proper actor. 

Any recommendations? 

3 hours ago, wullie said:

There's a real rotation of the same actors in a lot of the films too. If you cycle through all the channels and don't find Lacey Chabert, I'll give you the money myself. What a filmography

A Holiday Heist

Christmas Mingle

A Royal Christmas

The Tree That Saved Christmas

Family for Christmas

A Christmas Melody

A Wish For Christmas

The Sweetest Christmas

Pride, Prejudice & Mistletoe

Christmas in Rome

Winter in Vail

Time for Us to Come Home for Christmas

The Christmas Waltz

Christmas at Castle Hart

And my personal favourite:

Black Christmas - On Christmas Eve, an escaped maniac returns to his childhood home, which is now a sorority house, and begins to murder the sorority sisters one by one.

Recognised her name so went to Wikipedia (was from Mean Girls I knew name from) and saw this bit of trivia: 

"Chabert has also appeared in 27 Hallmark Channel movies" 

:lol:

7 hours ago, Plissken said:

Isn't there a Freeview channel that has been showing these since August?

Yeah, whenever I go to visit my parents my Dad is watching some insufferable, saccharine, Christmas bullshit!! My Mum hates them.

Every year in November my friends do an early Christmas and binge these terrible movies. I love it - the main takeaway is high powered professionals should never return to thier small hometown. 

5 hours ago, Azrael said:

Recognised her name so went to Wikipedia (was from Mean Girls I knew name from) and saw this bit of trivia: 

"Chabert has also appeared in 27 Hallmark Channel movies" 

:lol:

Beats working in a call centre, hands down.

On 24/11/2021 at 15:56, sid said:

A high bar indeed 😂 

Standard story in all of them, there’s a drinking game in there I recon :

- going to a small town

- his or her granny or child playing cupid

- a cookie or cupcake or gingerbread shop

- the ex husband stirring it up

- horse drawn carriage

- a competition eg baking

- a double booked accommodation

- a crisis of confidence

Yeah there absolutely is!:

https://www.jessicajonesdesign.com/hallmark-christmas-movie-bingo/

It is amazing how many of these there are, and that they're all more or less identical. I found myself watching one the other day and ended up watching right the way through. It was amazingly awful. 

There's one of these my wife really loves called "12 days of giving" as it stars David Blue from Stargate Atlantis.

It's not as bad as some of the others she put on last year, the only detail of which I remember from all of them was that one was about a guy who ran a model shop but I kept getting annoyed that the scenes in the shop were too short. "ooh is that an early release Hasegawa Tiger, dammit the camera moved".