IGNORED

PS+ December 2021 - GodFall, Lego DC Villians & Mortal Shell

gospvg

Mortal Shell sounds like a pretty good stop gap until the next real Dark Souls arrives a couple of months later. And it seems there's a free upgrade to an enhanced PS5 version? I'll definitely give that a whirl.

And I expect my daughter will be delighted with the Lego game, so probably a decent month.

1 hour ago, teddymeow said:

I've wanted to try Godfall and my son will love LEGO Villains.

Not a bad month.

I enjoyed Godfall for what is was. Bit bare on content for extended play but for a few hours for free it’s worth a try.

Mortal Shell was recently added to Game Pass and I gave it a go. After 30 minutes I was left with the sensation of having ordered Dark Souls from Wish. 

There might be a good game in there but first impressions weren't too positive for me. 

13 hours ago, Mawdlin said:

Hmm, I fancy an RPG. But which is better, Kingdoms of Amalur (from last month) or Godfall?

I doubt I will have the stamina to play through both 

Amalur. But lower your expectations, tis rather mediocre. Fun though and you can fool around with different builds.

2 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Leaked by the same site that leaked the last three months

Fair enough, was hoping they could end up changing!

Joking aside, not too bad though, can coop Lego with the missus and i have a mate who fancies Godfall in coop too.

8 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Fair enough, was hoping they could end up changing!

Joking aside, not too bad though, can coop Lego with the missus and i have a mate who fancies Godfall in coop too.

I don't think it will change, the leaked site must have an inside source. I'm curious to try out Godfall, Lego will be fun in co-op and Mortal Shell I will skip. Don't enjoy playing brick wall games.

I've rarely been impressed with the monthly PS+ games but this is a fantastic line-up for me personally and I imagine a few others. Godfall is one I swayed over on release but never bothered with so looking forward to getting a go on it. Mortal Shell looks really interesting and my boy is going to go bananas when I show him the DC Villains game is now available so yeah, well done Sony!

That was Greedfall. Stupid videogames having similar names. But yes, it's basically a demo for Godfall of some shorn-off challenge modes. What a joke. Saves me a download I guess. No explicit word on whether Mortal Shell includes the PS5 version, as far as I can tell? Which suggests it won't.

Two PS4 games and a PS5 demo? As Christmas pressies go, I think I'd have preferred socks.

Mind you, I've got a backlog of stuff to play from PS Now so I'd probably have complained if there were bona fide 100+ hour blockbusters this month as I don't have time to fit them in.