Football kits 2022/23

Smoothy

6 hours ago, Plissken said:

Burnley away finally got released last Friday.  (We've played all our games so far this season in the home shirt as we have no reason to change, which says something about the need for so many kits...)
image.thumb.png.028fe01fae76245b86b457e6eed09eb4.png

Lovely. Saw that a couple of days ago on the West Ham forums I frequent. Everyone bemoaning why our away isn't that and the shit we have instead.

The dark blue on the home kit isn't quite dark enough, it just looks a bit off because they're obviously going for a Euro '96 homage. The effectiveness will also depend massively on the shirt numbering font - that really needs to be in dark blue with the light blue as a border for it to work properly as a throwback.

The away one is obviously a massive Italia '90 rip-off, but aside from the red shorts it's pretty nice.

The shoulders are shocking on the home shirt.  

The away one is great.   I'd prefer blue shorts but FIFA try to impose that shirts and shorts should be the same colour. I guess it's easy to argue against on the grounds of tradition with a home kit, just imagine Brazil in yellow shirts yellow shorts for example, but maybe they push harder with the away kit.  

9 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

The shoulders are shocking on the home shirt.  

The away one is great.   I'd prefer blue shorts but FIFA try to impose that shirts and shorts should be the same colour. I guess it's easy to argue against on the grounds of tradition with a home kit, just imagine Brazil in yellow shirts yellow shorts for example, but maybe they push harder with the away kit.  

Yeah I hate the gradient on the home shirt. Most of the Nike shirts are fucking horrendous 

On 15/09/2022 at 10:08, The Fox said:

The effectiveness will also depend massively on the shirt numbering font - that really needs to be in dark blue with the light blue as a border for it to work properly as a throwback.

Hmm.

I like the red one, but the fact that they didn't mention the protest side until after they'd all been unveiled has people suggesting they're just backtracking due to the kits not getting the best reception.

Doesn't help that also they did a similar 'red out' for the Euros last year for no reason other than sweet sweet styles

spacer.png

True, they might be making lemonade from the lemons but they also took the opportunity to say "fuck you" to FIFA and the Qatari government in a very public way.  I'll not be rushing out to buy the Denmark shirt, but I'm kinda glad it played out this way.