Football kits 2022/23

Smoothy

1 hour ago, Mike1812 said:

Another hideous one for the Leicester fans

Adidas have downed tools as our contract is coming to an end and are trying to see what they can get away with. The green looks similar to the penile discharge you get from Chlamydia. 

On 18/07/2022 at 13:28, Mitchell said:

Quite like SWFC's new yellow away kit.  

Untitled.thumb.png.ab65f45338897b43aedfc66d70bc0ef4.png

Is that wee Barry Bannan?  Maybe it’s because in my mind’s eye he’s still a fresh faced kid coming out of the Villa academy but he’s making a strong bid to be featured on Footballers Ageing Badly. It’s a really nice shirt though. 

1 hour ago, Naysonymous said:

Is that wee Barry Bannan?  Maybe it’s because in my mind’s eye he’s still a fresh faced kid coming out of the Villa academy but he’s making a strong bid to be featured on Footballers Ageing Badly. It’s a really nice shirt though. 

It is indeed!  Our captain and best player.  🥰  In the TOTY, scored the Goal Of The Season, etc, etc.  I don't care if he's thinning!

I’m glad he landed on his feet. There was so much fuss about him when he was coming out of the youth academy, but he joined the first team squad at a particularly batshit time in the club’s recent history and there were stories about him having a bad attitude and drinking to excess.  Things can go wrong very quickly but he’s forged a good career at a good club. 

West Brom just launched their new away kit in collaboration with the Cyrille Regis Foundation - it's nice apart from the horrible fade out for the giant boiler logo. The quotes on the back are a lovely touch.

2999-528.jpg
4048.jpg
4043.jpg

That WBA away is so close to being incredible. Full stripes without a sponsor would look spectacular.

The Cyrille Regis tributes are brilliant all the same though, lovely stuff.

29 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

I’m glad he landed on his feet. There was so much fuss about him when he was coming out of the youth academy, but he joined the first team squad at a particularly batshit time in the club’s recent history and there were stories about him having a bad attitude and drinking to excess.  Things can go wrong very quickly but he’s forged a good career at a good club. 

Yeah, he had his issues when he was young, but he's settled now here with a kid, recently married...could've jumped ship when we got relegated but stuck around to help us get back up.  Hopefully that's this season.  🤞

2 hours ago, Plissken said:

I genuinely thought that it was the new Everton shirt.

It actually looks better than this season's Everton shirt - and I didn't realise we had the same sponsor too! 

spacer.png

Watford have a better Everton shirt than Everton. Plus good of them to give the Toffees a preview of how it will look at places like the New York Stadium, Stadium of Light, Britannia Stadium, etc next season. 

On 22/07/2022 at 12:13, wev said:

Notts County's home shirt is rather shit

ADHMSHIRT2223_0.thumb.png.5c126f764db713ce19409b3a6ae41dc1.png

Rare situation where the sponsor actually sorta improves it. Little pop of colour, as Tan France would say

I really like Reading’s new kit. I am actually from Reading, though was never a Reading supporter (got into football since leaving the town) but, yeah, it’s nice.

When a team has such a distinctive tradition with their kit, eg, black and white stripes, or blue hoops, it feels like you can’t do much with it. But the sleeves here prove otherwise. They are Reading’s climate stripes, they’re working with Reading Uni, which is nice too.

image.thumb.jpeg.ace7350aacdd46440e9969fec22c65d7.jpeg

2 hours ago, cowfields said:

I really like Reading’s new kit. I am actually from Reading, though was never a Reading supporter (got into football since leaving the town) but, yeah, it’s nice.

When a team has such a distinctive tradition with their kit, eg, black and white stripes, or blue hoops, it feels like you can’t do much with it. But the sleeves here prove otherwise. They are Reading’s climate stripes, they’re working with Reading Uni, which is nice too.

image.thumb.jpeg.ace7350aacdd46440e9969fec22c65d7.jpeg

After the last few years, it’s good to see the club is heading in the right direction again, as they have been terribly ran since John Madejski sold them to a dodgy Russian back in 2012.

They're more different than the above photo makes it look.

I like it, the light blue is a 20th anniversary special based on the first season as AFCW when we had practically DIY kits from Tempest Sports, the dark blue is a shout out to the WFC 90's era.

Shame the 3rd kit is red really, I would have gone sky blue.