IGNORED

PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now

Sarlaccfood

47 minutes ago, MansizeRooster said:

Where did you get that PSNow code?

My Now subscription runs out like a week before the new service starts, but my plus subscription has years left. I really need to extend my Now subscription to get that top teir.

Eneba, was £18 paying with PayPal - all gone through and shows on my ps app subscriptions!

29 minutes ago, MansizeRooster said:

thanks for this. I just did 3 months. Have Plus till Jan 2023 but there’s currently no way to stack and exploit right?

3 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Not that the blocking of already-issued codes isn't shitty behaviour (and one I assume they'll be forced to compensate or reverse pretty sharpish) but I'm somewhat surprised at all the people everywhere desperately hunting round for PS Now codes and extending their PS+ stacks. The general sentiment to date seemed to be that is going to be a disappointing service - why are you all queuing up to get pre-subbed to it now, months before it even exists? 

Fomo. Bit like when people buy some proper shit games at launch of a console and get all excited.

I haven't used my PS4 in a long time but even I'm thinking, maybe I should stack up some of my subscription in case it turns out to be decent.

2 hours ago, Pelekophoros said:

I also took the time to actually look at PSNow for the first time since...well, it first launched. I was very pleasantly surprised by just how much is on there, how much is downloadable and how much is on there in excess of what I have already bought or gotten access to through PS+. And that's now.

Very much so this. Now as it stands doesn't deserve the shit rap that it gets. There's a LOT of shovelware on it, but there's also just as much absolute gold on it. Some really great titles that I've managed to play, that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise.

Even the streaming has been great. I've played a good few PS3 games on it and you genuinely instantly forget that you're playing a streamed game once you get into it.

4 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Not that the blocking of already-issued codes isn't shitty behaviour (and one I assume they'll be forced to compensate or reverse pretty sharpish) but I'm somewhat surprised at all the people everywhere desperately hunting round for PS Now codes and extending their PS+ stacks. The general sentiment to date seemed to be that is going to be a disappointing service - why are you all queuing up to get pre-subbed to it now, months before it even exists? 

As someone who feels they have had their moneys worth from ps now its likely to be a step up from that so more than happy to stack up where possible

I’m debating grabbing a 3 month Now code that would take me through to 2023 (not keen on sites where they’re available though) primarily for Returnal but I still have a decent backlog to get through and Returnal is bound to drop in price once on Plus.

It is a bit FOMO though, although I expect CDKeys etc. will eventually have cheap codes for the Premium tiers too.

7 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

The general sentiment to date seemed to be that is going to be a disappointing service - why are you all queuing up to get pre-subbed to it now, months before it even exists? 

Surely if you‘re questioning why so many people are going against the ‘general sentiment’ you should reconsider what the general sentiment actually is?

It’s too early to tell for me personally, but so far the only thing we know is that it won’t have 1st party day one, which considering it’s been nearly half a year since the last one from MS, (with no firm date for the next one) shows that there’s more to a good subscription service than just ‘1st party day one or bust’.

1 hour ago, Down by Law said:

How does the PS4/5 handle the save system on streamed PS3 games? Any difference to how native games work?

The servers actually spin up a modified instance of the PS3 OS, which handles save states etc. All of the saves files are kept in the cloud and are accessed when you start up a PS3 game on the server. The UI for getting to it is super clunky, but you can actually access the OS interface while streaming a game.

It's entirely obvious that Sony's data centres are filled with big racks of modified PS3 hardware designed to run the games as a network service. Sounds like it'll be an utter disaster to maintain, and hopefully they'll be working on a software emulator so that they can retire that hardware before the last one fizzles out. The alternative of manufacturing PS3 boards in perpetuity is untenable, I'd say.

31 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Surely if you‘re questioning why so many people are going against the ‘general sentiment’ you should reconsider what the general sentiment actually is?

It’s too early to tell for me personally, but so far the only thing we know is that it won’t have 1st party day one, which considering it’s been nearly half a year since the last one from MS, (with no firm date for the next one) shows that there’s more to a good subscription service than just ‘1st party day one or bust’.

I think this is really important. 

Also, just because their first party games are not day one does not mean others will not be day one also. 

And at the very least we get to play Syphon Filter again without dealing with my PS1 screeching. 

I really want Nightmare Creatures, the ORIGINAL Silent Hill 2 and 3, Dino Crisis, Rule of Rose, Gregory Horror Show, and all the Gran Turismos.

There's a ton of forgotten, niche crackers that deserve to see the light of day again.

1 hour ago, MansizeRooster said:

It's entirely obvious that Sony's data centres are filled with big racks of modified PS3 hardware designed to run the games as a network service. Sounds like it'll be an utter disaster to maintain, and hopefully they'll be working on a software emulator so that they can retire that hardware before the last one fizzles out. The alternative of manufacturing PS3 boards in perpetuity is untenable, I'd say.

Maybe they can ask North Korea for all the old PS3s back that they obtained for using as missile guidance systems 🤣

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I'm not sure I understand? What do you mean by "so far the only thing we know..."?

27 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

I'm not sure I understand? What do you mean by "so far the only thing we know..."?

The only thing we know that could indicate it’s going to be shite at least. 

I'd love to stack 3 years worth, got in too late, but it is an exploit which takes the piss, so it's really up to them how they wanna manage it. They don't have megazillions in the bank to subsidise like Gamepass, and they were idiots for even trying.

And like not using pre-paid electric meters and having cheap credit, its a certain type of customer who benefits over the other, making it more expensive for everyone in the long run.

Sony really are trying hard to rip the piss out of their fans however possible nowadays it seems. 
 I assume as usual we’ll have loads of folk defending them. 

19 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Looking at that chart, does it mean that I can choose to take my 18 months of existing Plus membership and convert it to the top tier offering at the rate shown?

I think you need to pop on some PSNow time for June and then when the service launches it will convert whatever you have longest to premium.

30 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I think you need to pop on some PSNow time for June and then when the service launches it will convert whatever you have longest to premium.

I have PS Plus but no Now, can I still redeem a Now voucher?

Just now, scoobysi said:

I have PS Plus but no Now, can I still redeem a Now voucher?

I’m not sure tbh. They’ve stopped people stacking but I don’t know if that means nobody can redeem any codes full stop. 

1 hour ago, Mortis said:

Sony really are trying hard to rip the piss out of their fans however possible nowadays it seems. 
 I assume as usual we’ll have loads of folk defending them. 

Nah, it's a pretty piss poor show, even if I did get in there early enough to stack. They've had to deploy a change to block the redemption, so saying it's them prepping is horse shit. It's a blatant fuck you to customers, many of whom will actually be legit.

• Sarlaccfood changed the title to PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now