IGNORED

PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now

Sarlaccfood

10 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

The confusion appears to be around words related to:

• Sony having Ubisoft on there as a secondary subscription, which is included in the higher tiers
  • Sony having different tiers of subs
  • Sony saying their new BC titles will be available to play regardless of subscription if already purchased

All of those things exist on XBGP.

Ok!

1 hour ago, Quest said:

VfKEUnY.thumb.jpeg.a40faefb7fee3d8657009baad6047c68.jpeg

So when they said they were including PSP games with this, what they actually meant was one PSP game?

WHY IS THERE NO GODDAMN TENCHU ON THIS MOTHERFUCKING LIST

You had one job Sony! One!

I signed up to PS Now a couple of weeks back purely to play MGS4, to my shame the only one in the series I've never played.

Unfortunately for whatever reason I can't play it. My internet, which is good enough for pretty much anything else I want to do with it, can't hack MGS4 on PSNow.

Which bodes well for anything else I fancy playing on this service in the future.

1 hour ago, Pelekophoros said:

Ubisoft will be launching a new subscription service on Playstation. You get access to it as part of the PS+ Extra and PS+ Deluxe/Premium. It's like the EA subscription service being included in XBGP, but available separately if you want it.

They're demos, a new feature being implemented as part of the Deluxe/Premium plan.

Almost. They're the same tier, but one is for territories where streaming is not available. Do you live in a territory where streaming is available? Don't sweat it.

There was a lot of fuss in this very thread about people wanting to be able to play any old game they purchased on their PS5 without having to take out a subscription to access it. Sony have said they have delivered this - a degree of BC without scalping people.

I wasn't completely serious (apart from the Ubisoft bit), but thanks anyway! 

44 minutes ago, deKay said:

Totally forgot to say happy birthday! And I really shouldn't forget!

Haha, thanks man! (*winks knowingly*) 

41 minutes ago, MansizeRooster said:

Because The Darkness isn't available in the new service, and presumably the PSNow cloud save files will no longer be accessible.

19 minutes ago, Radish said:

Have they announced that The Darkness is leaving then?

Nope. They've published a selection of games that will be available. More to come!

Just now, Flub said:

If I currently have PS+ and PSNow does that convert to premium deluxe ultra alpha X? or just extra?

The top one, whatever the hell that’s called.

1 minute ago, Paulando said:

The top one, whatever the hell that’s called.

Pro Plus Extra Extreme. Sitting high in the clouds above the mere mortals.

3 hours ago, Ferine said:

I don't think it's actually that complicated, the information has just been presented like a legal document rather than an easy to grasp feature comparison.

Essential         Extra         Premium   
Online Play
Cloud Storage

Monthly Games

Need to be claimed each month, then can be played so

long as you have an active subscription.

PS4 & PS5 Games Catalogue

Don't need to be claimed, but may change over time.

Will include Ubisoft+ Classics collection.

Classic Games Catalogue

A mix of original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP games.

Game Streaming

Ability to stream both Games Catalogues. Also includes PS3 games,

which are only available via streaming.

Time-Limited Game Trials

Ability to play selected full games for a couple of hours.

Progress carries over to purchased version.

Not the best presentation, but that may be the first and last time I use the forum's table tool. Painful.

With your lovely table, is it clear that the PS4/5 catalogue is the same size/titles between 2nd and 3rd tiers? If it is, that likely saves me even having to consider the top tier.

12 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

With your lovely table, is it clear that the PS4/5 catalogue is the same size/titles between 2nd and 3rd tiers? If it is, that likely saves me even having to consider the top tier.

Yes they are the same.

Worth bearing in mind that the blog post describes these as “a selection of the games that will be available” in each case. I guess they’re still getting the paperwork signed?

There's a lot of weird confusion in here, which both reflects the comms so far but also perhaps how little people read what is actually released and how they rely on forum posts. I mean that genuinely and not in a sarcy way. 

I guess to help with that...

The three tiers are really straight forward.

- PS+ Essential: it's the same as PS+ today

- PS+ Extra: as above, but with a bunch of extra PS4 and PS5 games thrown in. They've even told us what some of those will be now.

- PS+ Premium: as above, but with some classic games thrown in, PSNow (essentially) and demos. They've even told us what some of the games will be.

That's it.

They've answered some other questions too though:

If you already own the classic games you can now okay them, though they've haven't been explicit about disc based BC so I guess it's digital only. 

PS+ Deluxe is the top tier but for countries where streaming doesn't exist.

PSNow subscribers will be converted to the top tier. If you have PS+ and PSNow it's the same deal.

PS+ only? Welcome to the Essential tier, which is the same as you already have. 

I’m surprised that:

A) They didn’t just leave PS+ as PS+, which would’ve been really easy to understand. “Essentials” sounds like less than PS+

B) The retro games are in the top tier, rather than the current gen games selection 

Poor list so far. I'll be eating some Miles Morales and Returnal on the Ps5 end of things. There thousands and thousands of games and I have to go to number 20 on the list to find the first thing I don't already own. In short, it's value for me is compromised but my dream of having a subscription plan to the Puppeteer is going to come true.

57 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Not calling them PS+, PS++ and PS+++ feels like a missed opportunity.

They have missed a trick, should have used PS-S and PS-X for the ultimate troll...

16 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

So my best bet is waiting until the service launches and seeing which titles pop up?

I recall buying Suikoden 1 digitally I think. Can't recall the rest

Singstar will be there, front and central….

I know there seem's to be a lot of people who are finding flaws / gripes with this but as someone who had both ps now and plus anyway I'm kind of looking forward to it. There are some nice new additions that I am yet to play Demons Souls, Ghost of Tsushima (I have the PS4 version yet to play so I might sell this on), Returnal, AC Valhalla I let it go previously knowing the price would drop dramatically at some point (I have played this once but wouldn't mind jumping back in), Death Stranding I haven't played and I wouldn't mind replaying the first Spiderman (I have held off on buying this anticipating it will turn up).

Having PS Now until January as well means I get to give the premium a good go until then ^_^ I suspect however that I will only keep it on the middle tier, as much as I love my older games, I still have most of them and the consoles to hand so I don't necassarily feel the need to have access to them digitally (though my mind could yet be swayed).

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Singstar will be there, front and central….

Oh god :lol: That was so annoying. Every time I fired up the PS3 it just pissed me off every single time.

As someone that doesn’t own a PS4/5, I’ll be up for a subscribing for a month or two so I can play Bloodborne and Ghost of Tsushima. Providing the streaming service is decent of course!

17 hours ago, Ferine said:

Ability to play selected full games for a couple of hours.

I see this has changed from every game having to have a demo. Still a terrible decision to lock them behind the highest paywall though - they should just be free.

7 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

I see this has changed from every game having to have a demo. Still a terrible decision to lock them behind the highest paywall though - they should just be free.

EA has had this for awhile, and I think maybe the term demo is not entirely what this is. Demos remain free. But these are more like trials, you get to play the full game for a few hours - usually 10 hours in case of EA play - as an additional perk of your subscription. That's different from the developer taking a level or a certain part of the game and packaging that up as a separate product for demo purposes.

Honestly, it’s pretty decent really. I have Plus and Now at the moment, but I never use the streaming (it’s shite), so £80 (minus whatever saving you get on Black Friday/using credit/buying a code online) for the middle tier is really good in my eyes. Like, 6 quid a month? I pay that for some Patreon subs.

Aye, as someone who's been out of the Sony ecosystem for a few years it seems like a bit of a no brainer to go for the second tier once I eventually pick up a PS5. For a few quid on top of what I'd be paying on top of ye olde PS+ anyway, I get a decent taster of PS4/5-era Sony games, some Ubi bits and bobs that feel of a similar level to the EA Play stuff on Game Pass, and a carousel of third party stuff.

Admittedly, the third party list looks a bit sparse at the moment, but you'd expect it to expand and move about anyway. And it's not matching Game Pass in my book, but then Sony are market leaders and and all that (as well as being daft Sony again) so you wouldn't expect them to go all out in the same way MS have.

Overall it's alright, innit. Not amazing but not too bad.

40 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Note the wording is mine, not Sony's. I wanted to provide a succinct description to fit the table but I wouldn't say anything's changed, it's more we aren't privy to all the details.

My understanding is that timed trials will:

• Be available for every game carrying a traditional retail price.
  • Won't necessarily be available at launch, as publishers can defer them for up to three months; makes sense for network-heavy games that might melt due to an influx of players.
  • Offer at least two hours of play, but can be longer.
  • Require minimal developer input, as they aren't separate demo builds. Apparently Sony is largely responsible for the implementation.

Presumably developers of lower cost games can opt-in to the service if they'd like. When it was first reported on it hadn't actually been presented to developers yet, so I imagine more comprehensive details and requirements are now out there for the people they actually affect.