IGNORED

PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now

Sarlaccfood

11 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Lol - why can't time-limited trials of games happen at the lowest tier? IDGI, do they not want to sell anything?

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/05/23/your-guide-to-the-all-new-playstation-plus/

spacer.png

Because, quite simply, the Deluxe tier is a swizz and they needed to chuck something behind that higher paywall to make it appear like it was good value. 

24 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Lol - why can't time-limited trials of games happen at the lowest tier? IDGI, do they not want to sell anything?

I guess it uses game streaming, which, I would imagine, carries a significant cost?

3 minutes ago, Paulando said:

I guess it uses game streaming, which, I would imagine, carries a significant cost?

The chart says Deluxe is for markets without streaming, so I'm assuming a game trial is a full download of the whole game but with timed access

In any case its going to the most sparse offering of all the options I reckon.

2 minutes ago, englishbob said:

The chart says Deluxe is for markets without streaming, so I'm assuming a game trial is a full download of the whole game but with timed access

Ahh yes, misread them both as ‘with’.

11 minutes ago, cubik said:

It is an odd choice. How did we get to the point where demos were anything but free?

Yeah - I've no idea if demos are still out there, impossible to find on the PS5's store interface anyway.

On 29/05/2022 at 21:34, Hitcher said:

They shouldn't even be locked to any subscription.

I totally agree, but It's long been known that demo's reduce sales. That's the paid for benefit - avoiding buying (crap) stuff. 

10 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

That Stray cat game has been confirmed as coming to Extra and higher tier subs on July 19th

Perfect. Subscription justified :)

Still angry about the retro stuff tho!

I was hoping for this kind of thing. Sony have had some pretty interesting indie exclusives recently that even though they’ve supported and promoted, I’m sure would have had a much bigger impact on a subscription model.

Stuff like JETT, Solar Ash and Kena all included is much more appealing to me as someone that has completed all the big PS4 games I was interested in already. 

20 minutes ago, Junker said:

With this new service What is happening to those games you can play for free on PS5 - PlayStation collection or whatever it’s called ?

They’re claimed on your account like standard PS Plus games, so the Essential tier covers them.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

Now live in the US.

Apparently the PS1 stuff is the US versions so running at 60Hz

Yet we will likely get PAL too. 

Absolutely shocking show from them if I am honest. No company is perfect, but Sony have been sinking so flipping quickly as of late. 

25 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

Yet we will likely get PAL too. 

Absolutely shocking show from them if I am honest. No company is perfect, but Sony have been sinking so flipping quickly as of late. 

Mind if I ask what you are basing this on?

There have been reports that there are a mixture of PAL / NTSC games across the PS1 games in other regions (though I'm not sure of the reason for this).

22 minutes ago, Luseth said:

There have been reports that there are a mixture of PAL / NTSC games across the PS1 games in other regions (though I'm not sure of the reason for this).

I don't mind at all. With us being in Europe they will likely include the pal versions, because as far as I am aware they are the versions with multiple languages. Now that is totally understandable, however the option should be present to play NTSC and Pal versions. Other services offer this option. But that isn't what I was referring to as shocking and I should have elaborated. 

The really shocking thing is Sony have not even tried to hide their money > product/people lately, with this launching in a very poor state (terrible emulation especially...), their clear focus on live service as a model (GT7... Gross), and ofcourse the £70 price tags. 

Look at Horizon. Clearly not finished, bugs everywhere, but they still launched it. That would not have happened five years ago. It is only now in a complete state so to speak due to recent patches. This happens all the time sure, but not for their big first party bad lads. 

The company has changed, and this is coming from a primarily PlayStation user for the last 10 years. I flipping own every AAA game digitally... I practically bought one of the share holders a golden toilet seat! I just get a horrible taste in my mouth with where it is going. 

31 minutes ago, Luseth said:

1)Because of reports that they're mostly using PAL versions in other regions

2) PAL versions have all the relevant language options for us European plebs

3) remember the PlayStation mini?  REMEMBER

4) Sony

All of the above could be easily solved to make everyone happy by using Nintendo (of all companies!) as an example and offer both versions to all users. But point 4) might prevent from this obvious and easy solution to come to pass.

17 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

I don't mind at all. With us being in Europe they will likely include the pal versions, because as far as I am aware they are the versions with multiple languages. Now that is totally understandable, however the option should be present to play NTSC and Pal versions. Other services offer this option. But that isn't what I was referring to as shocking and I should have elaborated. 

The really shocking thing is Sony have not even tried to hide their money > product/people lately, with this launching in a very poor state (terrible emulation especially...), their clear focus on live service as a model (GT7... Gross), and ofcourse the £70 price tags. 

Look at Horizon. Clearly not finished, bugs everywhere, but they still launched it. That would not have happened five years ago. It is only now in a complete state so to speak due to recent patches. This happens all the time sure, but not for their big first party bad lads. 

The company has changed, and this is coming from a primarily PlayStation user for the last 10 years. I flipping own every AAA game digitally... I practically bought one of the share holders a golden toilet seat! I just get a horrible taste in my mouth with where it is going. 

This "Sony are the baddies now" seems like wishful thinking to me. 
This PS5 period feels like business as usual when it comes to PlayStation, they're just marching onwards with the same agenda they're had in the PS4 days. 
Yes Jim Ryan seems like a bit of a penis, and definitely likes to put his foot in it. I'd argue that Shawn Layden was even more of a self-obsessed knob. 
Everyone has been lamenting the death of Japan_Studio when really they've been folded into Team Asobi to make more Astrobot. With games becoming bonkers complicated projects, this seems like not the worst strategic move?
The price hike bump, yeah, no one ever likes spending more money. This is probably not the best time to do so with the current economic climate, but I'm not really that surprised with how rediculously complex games are now to make. 
GT7 required an internet connection? So did GT Sport for for the majority of functionality, it's not that different. I'm not arguing that it's good, more a rebutal that "the company has changed". 
Horizon was released a bit hot, it wasn't that bad at launch and we're still in a pandemic with people WFH most of the time. Also not another sign of different things, as Day's Gone was even more of a mess and took even longer to get into a decent state. 

• Sarlaccfood changed the title to PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now