IGNORED

PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now

Sarlaccfood

31 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Apologies if this has already been answered, but I had Plus and Now and as such I've been rolled over to PS Plus Premium. Had a gander in my subscriptions section online to see if it was going to auto-renew me at the Premium level and:

image.png.c6de59ee71efbcd9f8adea98db18820b.png

That's not right, is it? Seems to be about half the price it's supposed to be.

It might be because you had Plus and Now seperately and they're defaulting you to a basic Essential tier rather than assuming you want the full Premium sub when it expires.

22 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

It might be because you had Plus and Now seperately and they're defaulting you to a basic Essential tier rather than assuming you want the full Premium sub when it expires.

I got the same so assume it is just that. My Now runs out in October and then it says £50 annually. Will see how much I use the extra stuff before deciding what tier to renew at.

I have the Premium sub until October, confirmed on the account management screen, and mine also says it renews at £49.99.

Let me be clear: this isn’t a ‘put you down to the bottom tier in case the top one isn’t what you wanted’, it’s another backend fuck up on Sony’s part, probably displaying the previous renewal price and not the updated one. They’ll quietly update it over the next few days and hope nobody noticed.

Just fired the PS5 up and had a look at this..........it appears to be absolutely fucking abysmal! It’s literally just PSNow with about 5 PSOne games added and a few PS5 games chucked in, that are decent but, most people will have already bought/played.

Looks like loads of the games on the service have already been given away with PSPlus too. Even worse, it appears the majority of games are streaming only?!?!? So the service is pretty much useless for anyone who hasn’t got a decent internet connection. And it costs £100 per year!?!?! What the actual fuck!?!?  Like I’m going to pay that on top of spending £60-£70per AAA game. It’s that bad it’s not even worth the £25 upgrade for my remaining 190 days of PSPlus. 

Pretty over the moon about suddenly having Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal, Death Stranding and Guardians to play.

I gave Resi 1 (PS1) a quick bash last night, and Jesus Christ the emulator is god-awful. Makes the 3D models look like utter shite, and the scaling options were implemented by an insane person.

3 hours ago, Paulando said:

The front-end for the ‘classic’ stuff is appalling. PS1/PS2/PS3 stuff all mixed in, some labelled as PS4, no way to filter by original platform, no original box art so you can’t really tell what’s what, and cloud streaming has the PS3 games mixed in with PS4 stuff. It should allow you to filter to each platform at least.

It is possible to do this to an extent, but of course you have to jump through a few hoops. If you go to the Collections tab within Plus, and then scroll down to the bottom, there's a Classics Catalogue section which splits out PS3 but lumps PS1, PS2 and PSP together (because there would be fuck all in each otherwise).

But hey, I can play Syphon Filter. I'm happy.

Why are so many of the games streaming only? I don’t get it. I understand the PS3 games were already “stream only” as they were part of PSNow but, most of the PS4 stuff seems to only be available by streaming too. Can’t do streaming? Well that’s most of the PS4 and PS3 games fucked then. Great! 

So, I’ve paid for GOT twice and Death Stranding twice plus bought most of the other stuff on launch - so that feels proper shit and that’s them off the list. I’ve already played most of the other stuff that was handed out every month with Plus - that’s that done. I subbed to PSNow and played everything worthwhile on there when I had a better net connection - those games are all done and dusted too.

So, all this seems to be adding is about 5 PSOne games (where the fuck is Ridge Racer???), a price increase to play them and a slap around the face for sticking with Sony for so long. It really does feel like......”have a big FUCK YOU from Sony”.  There’s literally nothing, for anyone that has invested in the PlayStation brand for the last few years or longer. Way to look after your customers Sony!

In comparison........Gamepass Ultimate cost me about £100 for 3years. It’s absolutely loaded with games new and old, which can all be downloaded. All the first party stuff is on there day one. I’ve earned £40 worth of vouchers for Xbox, John Lewis, Tesco etc whilst playing. And now Microsoft have just sent me £4 as a gift, for seemingly no reason at all.......so I’ve looked through all the backwards compatible stuff on the store and bought Monkey Island 2. :) Also, noticed Burnout Revenge and Child of Eden which I’ll buy with Reward Points for £0. 

Can’t help but feel Sony have lost the plot. This feels like a really desperate attempt to counter Gamepass, which is at odds with their own AAA, big budget, blockbuster games mentality. If those AAA games (or others) aren’t on the service then why even bother with the service? However, if the games do end up on the service at some point then there’s no reason to drop £70 on them at launch. The whole thing seems like a total mess. 

I never subbed to PS Now but saw a few months back that Pixeljunk shooter was on there, I'd bought it when it came out but couldn't download to PS5 as 'old games you own are extra mate'. Then I saw this announced and thought I'd get to play again.

So I stuck the power back in the PS5 (I unplugged it as hate the fucking thing, it whines even when on standby), did the update to the console, then the controller, then signed into the store and added the £8 for the top level for the remainder of my existing sub (no not via a card, can't trust Sony with them, or Paypal).

Pixeljunk Shooter isn't there anymore.

19 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I never subbed to PS Now but saw a few months back that Pixeljunk shooter was on there, I'd bought it when it came out but couldn't download to PS5 as 'old games you own are extra mate'. Then I saw this announced and thought I'd get to play again.

So I stuck the power back in the PS5 (I unplugged it as hate the fucking thing, it whines even when on standby), did the update to the console, then the controller, then signed into the store and added the £8 for the top level for the remainder of my existing sub (no not via a card, can't trust Sony with them, or Paypal).

Pixeljunk Shooter isn't there anymore.

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate is on PS4 if that’s of any use. It has been given away on Plus before, I think, but I guess you don’t have it.

1 minute ago, scoobysi said:

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate is on PS4 if that’s of any use. It has been given away on Plus before, I think, but I guess you don’t have it.

Ta, seen that for just under a tenner, not paying for it again and thought it would be in this new sub thing. 

Won't buy it as the power cord will be out the back of the PS5 by the weekend I reckon.

29 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

Why are so many of the games streaming only? I don’t get it. I understand the PS3 games were already “stream only” as they were part of PSNow but, most of the PS4 stuff seems to only be available by streaming too.

Which PS4 games are streaming only? You should be able to download all of them.

There’s some good stuff on this that I’ll definitely get my moneys worth from but, fuck me, it’s a mess trying to find things - why are games like Bioshock Remastered in the classics section along with Ape Eacape? 

35 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

There’s literally nothing, for anyone that has invested in the PlayStation brand for the last few years or longer. Way to look after your customers Sony!

I've been in since PS4 launch day onwards and there's bags of stuff on here for me. Never subbed on PSNow, though. Not sure what magic beans you were expecting, really?

12 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Which PS4 games are streaming only? You should be able to download all of them.

I’ve looked through the collection and some titles say -  “Upgrade to Premium to access this game”. However, the majority of them say - “Upgrade to Premium to stream this game”.

These are pretty much the only games on the service that I’d be interested in (i’m using the term “interested” very lightly) ....

Dark Pictures Anthology 

Bloodstained 

Lego Movie 
Observer Redux PS5

Shenmue 3 

Mr. Driller 

I already own Observer PS4 and Shenmue 3. They all say “Upgrade to stream”. So that just leaves.......

Ape Escape

Wonderful 101

Kurushi

R-Type Final 2

DisasterReport 4

I already own Ape Escape from back in the day on PSOne.Would be cool to replay though!

Not exactly the most amazing of launch line ups! 😂. That said if I could download them all, then may just get £30 worth out of them........or possibly not.  All depends if anything decent gets released in the coming months I suppose.

16 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

I've been in since PS4 launch day onwards and there's bags of stuff on here for me. Never subbed on PSNow, though. Not sure what magic beans you were expecting, really?

A decent selection of older games. Stuff like Devil Dice, Pandemonium, Klonoa, Tomb Raider, Ridge Racer, Gradius, G-Darius etc. Some top PS2 stuff. A strong selection of PS4 games. And all of it available to download. I was subbed to PSNow and Plus for about £50 per year. The jump to £100 seems like a big ask.......especially when Gamepass Ultimate currently offers so much more and is £100 for 3years. As I mentioned, I’ve basically been paid £44 by Microsoft over the past 4months for playing their games. It’s mental! In less than a year I will have made more money through them than I’ve paid out for 3years of Gamepass. 😂

Bizarrely the PS5 stuff is really good - Returnal, Ghost of Tsushima, WRC10, Death Stranding, Demon’s Souls etc yet lots of people will have paid full whack for them not too long ago, myself included. Also paid twice for some of them with their upgrades, so now being “free” with the sub, so soon after, feels pretty shit. It devalues them for me. I don’t want to drop £70 on a game for it to be on a sub service months later. Nor do I want to sub to a service that doesn’t have the top games on it. Think Sony have got themselves into a bit of a predicament with all this going forwards, whilst Microsoft just repeat.....”Day 1 Gamepass”.

57 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Ta, seen that for just under a tenner, not paying for it again and thought it would be in this new sub thing. 

Won't buy it as the power cord will be out the back of the PS5 by the weekend I reckon.

Looks like it’s one of the few incompatible titles, it gives a warning of unexpected behaviour on PS5, started first time when I tried it second time it hung. Moved it back to external USB and it has started again but who knows for how long.

12 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

I’ve looked through the collection and some titles say -  “Upgrade to Premium to access this game”. However, the majority of them say - “Upgrade to Premium to stream this game”.

These are pretty much the only games on the service that I’d be interested in (i’m using the term “interested” very lightly) ....

Dark Pictures Anthology 

Bloodstained 

Lego Movie 
Observer Redux PS5

Shenmue 3 

Mr. Driller 

I already own Observer PS4 and Shenmue 3. They all say “Upgrade to stream”. So that just leaves.......

Ape Escape

Wonderful 101

Kurushi

R-Type Final 2

DisasterReport 4

I already own Ape Escape from back in the day on PSOne.Would be cool to replay though!

Not exactly the most amazing of launch line ups! 😂. That said if I could download them all, then may just get £30 worth out of them........or possibly not.  All depends if anything decent gets released in the coming months I suppose.

A decent selection of older games. Stuff like Devil Dice, Pandemonium, Klonoa, Tomb Raider, Ridge Racer, Gradius, G-Darius etc. Some top PS2 stuff. A strong selection of PS4 games. And all of it available to download. I was subbed to PSNow and Plus for about £50 per year. The jump to £100 seems like a big ask.......especially when Gamepass Ultimate currently offers so much more and is £100 for 3years. As I mentioned, I’ve basically been paid £44 by Microsoft over the past 4months for playing their games. It’s mental! In less than a year I will have made more money through them than I’ve paid out for 3years of Gamepass. 😂

Bizarrely the PS5 stuff is really good - Returnal, Ghost of Tsushima, WRC10, Death Stranding, Demon’s Souls etc yet lots of people will have paid full whack for them not too long ago, myself included. Also paid twice for some of them with their upgrades, so now being “free” with the sub, so soon after, feels pretty shit. It devalues them for me. I don’t want to drop £70 on a game for it to be on a sub service months later. Nor do I want to sub to a service that doesn’t have the top games on it. Think Sony have got themselves into a bit of a predicament with all this going forwards, whilst Microsoft just repeat.....”Day 1 Gamepass”.

I think it means you need premium to be able to stream but PS4 games can be downloaded and played on your PS5 - only PS3 games have to be streamed. 

Shenmue III, for example, I’ve just added and started downloading. 

17 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

Dark Pictures Anthology 

Bloodstained 

Lego Movie 
Observer Redux PS5

Shenmue 3 

Mr. Driller 

Ape Escape

Wonderful 101

Kurushi

R-Type Final 2

DisasterReport 4

Mate what are you smoking 

IMG20220623175235.thumb.jpg.d67b3ff5328e0c3039a0191812cce8b9.jpg

Some real 'genuine concerns' in here, had to check it wasn't JPL or Rafaqat doing their usual budget Louis Theroux style faux-innocence. Reminds me of Apple threads the way people come in making stuff up that clearly isn't true. Not that the service is great, obviously the UI is as shit as you'd expect from modern Sony and as someone who doesn't care about playing games I've already finished I think Premium (lol) is useless and seemingly still is for the time being even if you do like old titles due to the NTSC issue.

All PS4/5/1/2/P games can be downloaded though, it's only PS3 games that you have to stream. I've not played any of the PS5 games added so that is great, otherwise it seems pretty much the same as Now - I do think Extra is a pretty good offer though. Will blast through this stuff and stay on the essential package once renewal time is up in November though as I am past the 'needing to play everything' part of my gaming life and have settled into one main 'comfort' game I absolutely love with everything else being the occasional distraction.

I'd give the new service 7/10. It's aight but not for me, as with any gaming subscription service.

7 minutes ago, Haribokart said:

JPL

Now, now. Don’t start all that bollocks again, please.

Edit: Just to correct you, it’s something I’m actually pretty interested in because when I get around to getting myself a PS5, it’ll probably be the best way to get a load of games that I’ve missed out on.

34 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

Returnal, Ghost of Tsushima, WRC10, Death Stranding, Demon’s Souls

ha! I didn’t buy ANY of these

because I thought they’d be PS+’d…

7 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

26AC1437-CBE5-4BFC-B5C2-E8F23562A640.thumb.jpeg.1fa825bc01056523aabf41fdb662e2d4.jpeg@Stanley @Uzi 

Says that on most stuff. On others it says “to access this game”. They’ve fucked up with the wording, implies most stuff is only available to stream!

What tier do you have?

It’s all a bit fucked when you have no confidence in whether or not purchasing a game will only see you getting ripped off. I recently bought Returnal at full price and got the value for it at that time I wanted to play it, all good. I also recently played through The Last of Us for the first time and am keen on playing the sequel, but have no idea If I shell out full price for it today it won’t be part of Plus a week from now.