IGNORED

PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now

Sarlaccfood

6 hours ago, bear said:

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the three rumours was MLB The Show launching day one on the higher tier of Spartacus. 

Maybe some of the launch games as well. Demon Souls?

It’d be somewhat weird if they don’t, given MLB is day one on Game Pass again this year. But then it starts to break their first party strategy. Will be interesting either way.

I’d have thought that some of the PS5 launch games and “free” credits every month for GT7 would be a lock. It’s just a shame that aside from the original spiderman in PS5 mode, I’ve now played all the launch games I want to. And that one is simply out of curiosity - it’s too long a game to play all the way through again.

51 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

It would just be like the Nintendo Online stuff or some of the older games on Gamepass? Yeah you might have got them with your birthday money back in the day but it’s giving you a convenient (and sometimes better) way to play them on modern TVs and saves you rummaging round the attic for old yellowed hardware and scratched-up discs.

Not to mention you might not have actually owned every game on the system so it’s great for filling in gaps.

Not really sure why you find the concept so unbearable, it’s been around for a while now.

image.png.3b3a417979ed0af25f709b4c4a9ff971.png

30 minutes ago, bear said:

Based on the last few pages I think it's probably best if we just ignore Seans "contributions" to this thread. 

remind me who you are?

11 hours ago, SeanR said:

remind me who you are?

First, thanks for setting up an easy "I'm Spartacus" joke but I'll have to pass on that opportunity.

Second, your last few posts in the thread weren't very good.  

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-03-29-sony-merges-ps-now-and-ps-plus-to-create-three-tier-subscription-service

• Sony overhauls games subscription offering to create three tiers: PS Plus Essentials, PS Plus Extra and PS Plus Premium
  • Extra includes 400 PS4 and PS5 games, but no simulataneous releases for new first-party launches
  • Premium tier features retro library, streaming and limited game trials
  • PS Plus Deluxe tier created for markets without streaming, prices for all tiers range from $59.99 to $119.99 per year

Edit - PS Now customers will go onto the top tier, makes more sense!

Wonder how the conversion for those subscribing to Now and PS Plus will work? Or will you just get put onto the Extra tier automatically which is stingy since we've paid out more than the new service for both.

I'm curious if this means the end of the monthly updates and going into a Gamespass style drip feed through the month?

The new Extra and Premium tiers represent a major evolution for PlayStation Plus. With these tiers, our key focus is to ensure that the hundreds of games we offer will include the best quality content that sets us apart.

At launch, we plan to include titles such as Death Stranding, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11, and Returnal.

We’re working closely with our imaginative developers from PlayStation Studios and third-party partners to include some of the best gaming experiences available with a library that will be regularly refreshed. More details to come on the games we’ll have on our new PlayStation Plus service.  

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/29/all-new-playstation-plus-launches-in-june-with-700-games-and-more-value-than-ever/#sf255029422

Native PS1, PS2 and PSP is good to hear - will be interested to know if that is across PS4, PS5 and PC, how the emulation holds up and how extensive the catalogue is. If it's only around 50 PS2 titles then that'll be pretty poor.

Funny how the most retro games are locked behind the most expensive tier - the reverse of Nintendo online!

As someone who hasn't subbed to PSN for years and doesn't have and Xbox for game pass how does this compare?

Big one I'm seeing is no new games on release day like game pass does.

It's about what everyone expected, no? When they are shouting about having 4 year old games like God of War and Death Stranding on the service then you know they aren't aiming their sights terribly high. It feels bare minimum.

Seems like the key part of this announcement is the games that are included - not really much to say otherwise. Can’t judge the quality of the service without seeing how broad the range is, although including Returnal is definitely good. 

Some people laughed when I said hold off buying Returnal the other day.

see on that Playstation link that the rollout is phased starting in Asia, then Nth American & Europe - wording says by end of H1 so should only be a shortish wait to get it in the UK.

1 minute ago, Majora said:

It's about what everyone expected, no? When they are shouting about having 4 year old games like God of War and Death Stranding on the service then you know they aren't aiming their sights terribly high. It feels bare minimum.

Selectively picking the oldest games to complain about, definitely fair. 

4 minutes ago, Radish said:

Selectively picking the oldest games to complain about, definitely fair. 

Well Sony are the ones choosing to actively highlight nearly half a decade old games in their launch announcement.

Miles Morales and Returnal are much better but we're still talking 12-18 month old games. They're good games but market expectations change when you competitor is launching both indie and first party titles on their service day one for an equivalent monthly price. 

Surprised about the lack of instant vitriol. Maybe the Xbox brigade needs to wake up still. :P

For what it's worth: I already own a couple of digital PS1 titles. Can I access those without this sub? If not, WTF?

11 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Some people laughed when I said hold off buying Returnal the other day.

Hopefully it’ll be cheaper to buy now as I imagine quite a few will offload their copies 😀.

PlayStation Plus Essential

Benefits: Provides the same benefits that PlayStation Plus members are getting today, such as:

Two monthly downloadable games

Exclusive discounts

Cloud storage for saved games

Online multiplayer access

There are no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members in this tier.

Price* for PlayStation Plus Essential remains the same as the current price for PlayStation Plus.United States

$9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly

Europe

€8.99 monthly / €24.99 quarterly / €59.99 yearly

United Kingdom

£6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly 

Japan

¥850 monthly / ¥2,150 quarterly / ¥5,143 yearly

PlayStation Plus Extra

Benefits: 

Provides all the benefits from the Essential tier

Adds a catalog of up to 400* of the most enjoyable PS4 and PS5 games – including blockbuster hits from our PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party partners. Games in the Extra tier are downloadable for play.

Price*:United States

$14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly

Europe

€13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly

United Kingdom

£10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly 

Japan

¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly

PlayStation Plus Premium** 

Benefits:

Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers

Adds up to 340* additional games, including:

PS3 games available via cloud streaming

A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations 

Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets** where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.*** 

Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.

Price*:United States

$17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly

Europe

€16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly

United Kingdom

£13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly 

Japan

¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly

PlayStation Plus Deluxe (Select Markets) For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium, and includes a catalog of beloved classic games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations to download and play, along with time-limited game trials. Benefits from Essential and Extra tiers are also included. Local pricing will vary by market.

• Sarlaccfood changed the title to PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now