IGNORED

Legacy - Peter Molyneux's new game - 'Will revolutionise blockchain gaming and the use of NFTs'

Goose

2 minutes ago, Angles Morts said:

Apparently, this has sold £40,000,000 worth of tokens already. They don't even need to bother making the game now!

Do they actually have any legal obligation to write a game at this point or could they just take the money and get away with it?

And though none of the game is even available to players, they've almost sold out of Land NFTs. All the plots of 'Land' sold so far combined went for the equivalent of over 14,000 Ethereum, or around £40.5 million in real money. The most expensive was a London plot, a limited edition of one at Ancient (artificial) rarity, which sold for the equivalent of about £670,000.

All I can think of when I see this thread title is the lyrics to the Moth & The Flame by Aimee Mann for how Molyneux must feel

Spoiler

The moth don't care when he sees the flame
He might get burned but he's in the game
And once he's in, he can't go back
He'll beat his wings 'til he burns them black

No, the moth don't care when he sees the flame
The moth don't care when he sees the flame

The moth don't care if the flame is real
The flame and moth got a sweetheart deal
And nothing fuels a good flirtation
Like need and anger and desperation

No, the moth don't care if the flame is real
The moth don't care if the flame is real

So come on, let's go, ready or not
'Cause there's a flame I know, hotter than hot
And with a fuse that's so thoroughly shot
(Away)

The moth don't care if the flame burns low
The moth believes in an afterglow (afterglow)
And flames are never doused completely
All you really need is the love of heat

No, the moth don't care if the flame burns low

Mr Robot fans know this version of the song

I read that interview and I still don't see any way why this pretty standard management sim is made any better by adding in NFT or Blockchain pish.  He kept talking about some narrative stuff and very vague wooly ways and you just know it's a load of shite.

1 hour ago, bumgut said:

If he really has made £40 million selling digital tat on some unknown game, that stinks of money laundering, right?

There might be a few 'investments' and some genuine Molyneux fans, but otherwise yeah. That and wash trading. Simplest thing to do would be to find the people who are so excited for the game they purchased the land. People who excitedly spend money like this are usually in a forum or subreddit about the game. And given the novelty of NFTs there should be a bunch of posts by Molyneux fans new to crypto, asking questions and such.