IGNORED

EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE

cassidy

It's going to be a 2 hour round trip for me to see this.

There's 11 cinemas within a 50mile radius, only 2 are showing it and with one of them, they're only doing a single showing on Thursday night which is no good for me.

One cinema is showing it a few times throughout the day from Friday onwards so it will have to be that if I want to see it in the cinema. But like I said, a 2 hour round trip.

It's very frustrating that a film with this much buzz can't find its way into one of 4 multiplexes nearby.

4 hours ago, Stigweard said:

It's going to be a 2 hour round trip for me to see this.

There's 11 cinemas within a 50mile radius, only 2 are showing it and with one of them, they're only doing a single showing on Thursday night which is no good for me.

One cinema is showing it a few times throughout the day from Friday onwards so it will have to be that if I want to see it in the cinema. But like I said, a 2 hour round trip.

It's very frustrating that a film with this much buzz can't find its way into one of 4 multiplexes nearby.

Same here. My local Vue instead managed to find space for a showing each this weekend of Morbius and.....Spiderman (a film already out on blu-ray). :angry:

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

Same here. My local Vue instead managed to find space for a showing each this weekend of Morbius and.....Spiderman (a film already out on blu-ray). :angry:

Same as my local Vue. Not Darlington by any chance?

24 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Same as my loc Vue. Not Darlington by any chance?

Nah, Leamington.

Though it's not too far to travel to Birmingham to see it, it's still a pain when you have to rely on trains.

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Nah, Leamington.

Though it's not too far to travel to Birmingham to see it, it's still a pain when you have to rely on trains.

So Vue are just wankers everywhere then.

On 10/05/2022 at 18:29, Gambit said:

Nah, Leamington.

I think there’s only one cinema in Birmingham(Cineworld) showing it too? Hopefully will get a chance to see it this weekend.

1 hour ago, Ste_S said:

I think there’s only one cinema in Birmingham(Cineworld) showing it too? Hopefully will get a chance to see it this weekend.

I think this is a situation where this isn't the circuits fault. A24 are handling the distribution on this themselves and they are struggling to cope as they don't have a UK presence. Cinemas are falling over themselves to book it due to the buzz and to cash in on the multiverse craze. I think it's getting a limited release from 13th and will go wider from 20th.  

1 hour ago, Festoon said:

I actually had tears in my eyes listening to an interview with the other star, which I won't reveal in case people don't know.

I couldn’t believe it when I finally twigged during my showing.  Totally perfect casting 

Saw this last night. It wasn't a complete home-run for me as I thought it was a little overlong and occasionally laborious/overly repetitive. 

But damn, if that wasn't one of the most exciting, refreshing, audacious, bonkers, arresting movies I've seen in years. Utterly ludicrous and relentlessly silly yet grandiose, sweeping, heartfelt and life-affirming. How they managed to pull it all together in the edit I have no idea.

You absolutely have to see this one in the cinema, I guarantee you will regret it if you wait for it to come to streaming.

I saw this on Friday and came away a bit disappointed after all the excitement since the film's US release. I thought there was much to like about it, but after really being drawn into the first act I found I just didn't get on with the escalating comedic and absurdist elements throughout the rest of it. The film did find ways to get me back on board each time I thought it might have pushed me away for good though, so it was clearly doing something right. 

I found that the story was decent, if a bit simplistic when contrasted with the superficial complexity of the multiversal backdrop or given much interrogation, but enjoyable nonetheless. (I don't really buy the comforting platitude of material success meaning less happiness in other multiverses, for example). A good film, but not the greatness I was hoping for. If you're into the humour though, I can see it being a total slam dunk.

Just watched this and expectations were high given the reviews, but I’m struggling to see what could possibly too this as film of the year.

Feels like an all-timer for me - ridiculously innovative and clever, laugh out loud funny and feel good.

And one particular running gag just killed me as it got funnier and funnier.

Spoiler

Raccontouille

1 hour ago, Ork1927 said:

Just watched this and expectations were high given the reviews, but I’m struggling to see what could possibly too this as film of the year.

Feels like an all-timer for me - ridiculously innovative and clever, laugh out loud funny and feel good.

And one particular running gag just killed me as it got funnier and funnier.

Hide contents

Raccontouille

Absolutely, I can't understand folk saying it wasn't as good as they expected.

I saw it at the weekend and loved it; hugely inventive, warm and funny. All the cast were uniformly excellent, and the central family story was full of heart.

On 10/05/2022 at 19:45, Stigweard said:

So Vue are just wankers everywhere then.

Showings are now available from this Friday at my local Vue.

On 15/05/2022 at 11:43, imp said:

I don't really buy the comforting platitude of material success meaning less happiness in other multiverses, for example

That's because you've grabbed hold of the exact opposite end of the stick that you're meant to. It's not that material success makes you less happy; it's that happiness can be found despite material success. It's the concept of meaning lying where you choose it to be instead of it being where you are told it will be.

It's amazing. A fi that doesn't get itself bogged down with too much sci., wrapped around a coming-of-age real-life anime action film. Nobody should be surprised that Michelle Yeoh is amazing, but teven hat word doesn't do her justice. This performance is an utter tour-de-force, such that even when she is portrayed as meme-text from a rock I read it in her voice.

The best films make you want to re-enact them as you're walking out of the cinema. That this manages to do the same thing even with

Spoiler

HOTDOG FINGERS

speaks volumes.

On 14/05/2022 at 11:50, Festoon said:

I actually had tears in my eyes listening to an interview with the other star, which I won't reveal in case people don't know.

Can you pm me this review.

Wow. What a movie!

Just superb. I knew that the craziness, and all things Michelle Yeoh, were going to be right up my street, but its also the heart and humour which elevate this to greatness. Can't wait to watch it again.

I'm trying not to be hyperbolic here. 

Genuinely think that may well be a Top 10 all time film for me.  It was inventive as fuck and they had the ability to pull it off. 

You could see where a higher budget would have smoothed out a few things but fuck me.  

Evelyn is obviously the centre of film, and Waymond it's heart. However my favourite character turn might be

Spoiler

Alphaverse Gong Gong channeling Lo Pan in a Davros wheel chair

The whole cast are truly excellent. I was so excited to see Michelle Yeoh in this, that I hadn’t really paid attention to who else was in it, but it’s such a great ensemble film.