EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE

cassidy

34 minutes ago, Bazjam said:

24 hours after watching it and I still can’t stop laughing to myself every time I think of 

Hide contents

Raccontouille

I completely lost it in the cinema

Spoiler

The way it builds from what looks like a funny throwaway mispronouncing joke to (what you assume) is then a one off very funny visual gag to then a whole storyline.

🤣

2 hours ago, cassidy said:

I'm trying not to be hyperbolic here. 

Genuinely think that may well be a Top 10 all time film for me.  It was inventive as fuck and they had the ability to pull it off. 

You could see where a higher budget would have smoothed out a few things but fuck me.  

I’m desperate to go and see it again to see how it holds up on second viewing

as I’m of a similar mind that it’s going to end up in my all time list. 

Also want to let my kids see it once it streams as I think they’ll love it even though they shouldn’t watch it as a 15, but I can’t really see why it was a 15 - maybe language, but violence/action I’d say Dr Strange was on par or maybe worse.

Genuinely feel this film is a masterpiece, genuinely one of the best films I seen for a while. Also being Chinese, it really resonated me how it captured certain nuances of Chinese parents, and hit a bit too close to home. 

31 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

Also want to let my kids see it once it streams as I think they’ll love it even though they shouldn’t watch it as a 15, but I can’t really see why it was a 15 - maybe language, but violence/action I’d say Dr Strange was on par or maybe worse.

Probably all the 

Spoiler

Butt stuff. 

8 hours ago, Steve McQueef said:

Its now out there. 

Thank fuck, I thought I was gonna have to watch Morbius on Saturday night. 

To be fair - they are similar films - in that they both have actors in them and both films were released in the cinema in 2022 and, erm, they both had a soundtrack?

8 hours ago, Steve McQueef said:

Its now out there. 

Thank fuck, I thought I was gonna have to watch Morbius on Saturday night. 

Why wouldn't you go to the cinema and, you know, pay to see it? 

10 hours ago, Ork1927 said:

Spoiler

Probably the sexual content. Doctor Strange didn't have people being beaten to death with huge Dildos, butt plugs or people sucking on Hotdog fingers like dicks and splurging mustard cum.

1 hour ago, cassidy said:

And he never mentioned the butt plugs 

That scene had me in stitches, the choreography of the fights are legit amazing. Really impressed by how gorgeous and imaginative it is, which makes Doctor Strange the last film I watched bankrupt in comparison.

Plus I cannot believe its the same kid from Indy, Goonies and Big Trouble as the father!!!

Not sure I can totally unpick the plot/themes here, but it almost didn’t matter because I haven’t laughed so hard at a film in a looooong time. Every time you think it’s got as funny as it can get, it tops itself. 

Spoiler

Raccoon-touille

The butt plug fight

The whole hot dog fingers thing 

The rock conversation

”You’re living your worst life“

”I put everything on a bagel”

Honestly too many to name.

Just finished watching. Like I said in the rate the film thread:

Stupid, brilliant, bonkers, funny, inventive, original, sad, sweet.

Just an absolute joy and an amazing piece of film-making. 

Went in with little knowledge of this and enjoyed it. Plenty of laughs and bizarre setups that I was chuckling away at. 

Spoiler

Raccon-touille had me in stitches along with other bits mentioned in spoilers.

It could have done with some slight tightening up though - a few bits dragged, but I look forward to a re-watch.

There's an absolutely masterful gag in this

Spoiler

just around the time when you might be thinking "Oh, so this is like the Matrix?" Jamie Lee Curtis literally kneed the word EXIT

On 18/05/2022 at 23:56, yakumo said:

Genuinely feel this film is a masterpiece, genuinely one of the best films I seen for a while. Also being Chinese, it really resonated me how it captured certain nuances of Chinese parents, and hit a bit too close to home. 

This , I wasn't expecting this to be so emotional, I really didn't know what to expect from the trailer but it was so good.

If you like the choreography you have to check out Martial Club's youtube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/user/MartialClub

Spoiler

Also I really want to watch 'In the Mood for Love' again now!

This was my first trip back to the cinema since lockdown as well!