IGNORED

Mr Inbetween - Disney Plus - Watch it NOW!

Ork1927

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The thing the brother did has been known to happen in real life though. There really are such entitled cunts who think it hilarious to do that to a child.

Oh? Where did that happen? I didn’t realise it was taken from a real life event.

3 minutes ago, ZOK said:

In fact, it makes what the brother did even less likely!

Er, how? 

Also, if you really want to be picky...

Spoiler

Ray threatening the Porsche-driving $4k-wine drinking rich cunt with an open bottle of Hydrofluoric Acid 40% is just nonsense, unless it's just a bottle of water with the acid label. You do NOT go shaking bottles of HF acid around. Get any on you, and you are likely fucked.

2 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Because he would have seen that she specifically wanted it.

There is nothing believable about any of that scene. 

Of course there is! He's a fucking cunt!! I've got a cousin who is a hateful utter cunt and would absolutely do something like that. 

50 minutes ago, Thor said:

Of course there is! He's a fucking cunt!! I've got a cousin who is a hateful utter cunt and would absolutely do something like that. 

I thought that was ridiculous, but you know rightly that there would be dickheads out there who would actually take from a child. Thatwhole version of secret santa seems designed to cause problems.

Agreed, and even that duff scene was still OK, just not up to the excellent standards of the rest.

1 hour ago, Fierce Poodle said:

The fact that we’re arguing about one possibly duff scene out of the entire three series proves what a great series it is :lol:

Yes, that’s the point I made.

Ah c'mon @ZOK. Is this really the hill you're gonna stake your claim on?

Mr Inbetween is the best thing I've watched this  last year. Everyone who's watched it seems to love it.

One scene. You're gonna let one scene sully it for you. No way man.

37 minutes ago, multi said:

Mr Inbetween is the best thing I've watched this  last year. Everyone who's watched it seems to love it.

It's just a minor quibble, he still loves it, don't worry, it's still a rllmuk love in!

1 hour ago, multi said:

Where have I said that one scene sullies it for me?

It’s entirely possible to love something and not lose grip of your entire critical faculties as a consequence.

5 hours ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Was it though?

Considering I posted literally that same thing twice, I’m not sure how I could have made it any clearer.

I agree with Zok that the escalation in that scene seemed excessive, but

Spoiler

Ray also seemed wildly out of place in a happy family environment. The entire situation is something the show implied (elsewhere) he's never had. I was probably projecting, but I think that his actions come from that as much as the actual Unicorn.

Also, having done that variation of Secret Santa for a few years at work, it can definitely get played for maximum lols and, combined with Ray's personality, I can see how it could go awry quickly.

We once had someone give a wrapped chilli flake in a box as a gift. 

I thought the secret santa scene was a little contrived but nothing compared to the big whoppers of coincidences elsewhere. But I can forgive this show a lot.

Let's face, it the biggest contrivance is that Ray just happens to work in an area which has the most incompetent police force in the world.

On 27/12/2021 at 13:10, ZOK said:

For a show that relies so heavily on coincidences it’s a mark of quality that it rarely seems unrealistic…think the only thing that was blatantly silly was the Christmas episode

That’s the real skill of the show @Mawdlin, as I mentioned before.

19 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

Yes, though it was a sizeable one. Wrapped in tissue paper, placed in a small jewellery type box, and wrapped again in gift wrap.

How very annoying. 

Finished this tonight, brilliant stuff, last episode was fantastic. An Aussie drama crossed with Tarantino, but both parts are equally as good.

And I do love how the universe this is set...

Spoiler

Has no cops, criminals can run rife, and everywhere you go there is a handy spade to dig a hole and dispose of bodies which never get found. That town must be full of holes.

I'm already annoyed at my friends ignoring my demands to watch this. I'm not having another Wire where they recommend it to me ten years later, not this time!

@Pete I’ve been banging on at my eldest for weeks to get on it, he would absolutely love it but keeps turning his nose up, bloody infuriating!  

On the plus side I recommended it to a mate in the pub last week and he text the other day to say he’s pulled a couple of 2am sessions watching it 😀

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm already annoyed at my friends ignoring my demands to watch this. I'm not having another Wire where they recommend it to me ten years later, not this time!

Mine too! I keep trying to sell it to them- 99% reviews, only 30 min episodes, only 3 seasons!

But I don't want to over sell it to them either because I think not having big expectations going in really increased my enjoyment. 

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

The USP on this (apart from being amazing) is that the whole thing is around 12 hours in total. It's not even the length of S1 of The Wire.