IGNORED

Wordle - free daily word game (see link in first post)

Jamie John

7 hours ago, MarkN said:

I am properly stumped by this one. 3 guesses down, I have the last two letters, but I'm really struggling to come up with something with the filfth I have left to play with. Tricky little bugger. Will take a break and come back to it later. I'm not letting it beat me.

Β 

Mine followed a similar pattern: getting the last two letters on my third guess, and then being completely stumped.

Β 

This must be the one I've spent the most time on so far!

Β 

Wordle 251 6/6

Β 

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Spoiler

CHARM

SPOIL

FETID

UNDID

Β 

At this point I really struggled. My mind kept thinking of animal groups: canid, felid, etc. And squid. (Plus a little thing called COVID.) But everything involved using letters already ruled out.

Β 

So I gave up on Self-Imposed Fake Hard Mode and tried to think of a word that would teach me as much as possible:

BLOWY. That ruled out the B and W, but most importantly it told me that the word's other vowel was a repeated I and not Y. Even after that, I didn't see the actual word instantly - I'd got the repeated I, so I didn't expect the other remaining letter to be repeated too!

Β 

1 hour ago, Nick R said:

Β 

Mine followed a similar pattern: getting the last two letters on my third guess, and then being completely stumped.

Β 

This must be the one I've spent the most time on so far!

Β 

Wordle 251 6/6

Β 

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Β  Reveal hidden contents

CHARM

SPOIL

FETID

UNDID

Β 

At this point I really struggled. My mind kept thinking of animal groups: canid, felid, etc. And squid. (Plus a little thing called COVID.) But everything involved using letters already ruled out.

Β 

So I gave up on Self-Imposed Fake Hard Mode and tried to think of a word that would teach me as much as possible:

BLOWY. That ruled out the B and W, but most importantly it told me that the word's other vowel was a repeated I and not Y. Even after that, I didn't see the actual word instantly - I'd got the repeated I, so I didn't expect the other remaining letter to be repeated too!

Β 

I genuinely spent more time on that one guess than probably the last 20 days of puzzles. This one absolutely stopped me in my tracks. I am pretty sure there's not another word that would fit with what I had left, and still I couldn't see the answer for so long.

Β 

Spoiler

The really annoying thing is that I came up with LIVID about 6 times, and each time had to rule the bastard out because I'd used the L. I was THAT close. Wouldn't have done it in fewer guesses, obvs, but just the amount of time spent...

Β 

27 minutes ago, SeanR said:

Β 

30 minutes ago, SeanR said:

There’s still three hours, local time.

Maybe spoiler your clues?

Have done, but if it was me you were referring to I made sure they were buried deep originally. If you wanted to avoid spoilers, I'd done pretty fucking well, I think. You had to read a long way to get there. Why would you read that far if you were trying to avoid spoilers? STOP FUCKING READING!

5 minutes ago, MarkN said:

Have done, but if it was me you were referring to I made sure they were buried deep originally. If you wanted to avoid spoilers, I'd done pretty fucking well, I think. You had to read a long way to get there. Why would you read that far if you were trying to avoid spoilers? STOP FUCKING READING!

1 your clue was in CAPITALS

Β 

2 why would I be avoiding spoilers when I solved it 14 hours ago?

Β 

Β 

3 watch your fucking language.

Β 

:coffee:

1 hour ago, MarkN said:

I genuinely spent more time on that one guess than probably the last 20 days of puzzles. This one absolutely stopped me in my tracks. I am pretty sure there's not another word that would fit with what I had left, and still I couldn't see the answer for so long.

Β 

Β  Hide contents

The really annoying thing is that I came up with LIVID about 6 times, and each time had to rule the bastard out because I'd used the L. I was THAT close. Wouldn't have done it in fewer guesses, obvs, but just the amount of time spent...

Β 

Β 

23 minutes ago, MarkN said:

If you are not playing on hard mode you don’t have to use all the letters you’ve revealed if it helps narrow things down

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

You can't fail. I've been trying for the last few days and my steak is now 60. I want to fail legitimately to stop.

Β 

Wordle 252 2/6

Β 

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

play on hard mode and make the mistake of getting four letters early on and a gap that could be any of five…

Oof, nerves as I hit enter on the last guess, hoping I picked the one of two words the solution could be…

Β 

Wordle 252 6/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Spoiler

CRANE

BLOOM