IGNORED

Wordle - free daily word game (see link in first post)

Jamie John

The worst part is going through words

Β 

Spoiler

That sound the same, by virtue of changing the first letter

and realising that

Β 

Spoiler

β€œThe word” doesn’t rhyme with the other examples

Β 

I assume /hope I’m eventually going to get this in three, because after line two I know the second and third letter and so far can’t think of any more words which don’t use at least on other letter I’ve already ruled out!

Β 

Edit: turns out I managed to make a couple of guesses of words I’m surprised it let me enter before hitting on the obvious one:

Β 

Spoiler

Wordle 256 5/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

SPACE

BASIL

TASAR

HASTA

Β 

took me ridiculous amounts of time today, but got in 4.

Β 

Spoiler

STRIP

TEASEΒ :eyebrows:Β (a hunch that proved bad and wasted a letter really)

ASCOTΒ :doh:Β 

-Β 

Β 

Zero greens until the answer was making it very hard to find a legit word at all.

Β 

Spoiler

Β 

Wordle 256 1/6

Β 

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Spoiler

BINGO

Β 

Mildly disappointed that the message I got on revealing it was "Genius" rather than "You jammy twat!", because clearly I did very little here. I have to to pick a new starter now. I'm tempted to ditch the vowels altogether and go with SYNTH from now on. Gets me most of the same letters, and if that H hits it's a cracker.

Β 

Edit: Also thinking about it - using H gets rid of one of the prime suspects in the single letter chase issue - SPILL, SKILL, SHILL - SCONE, STONE, SHONE - STAVE, SLAVE SHAVE etc. Also today's HASTY TASTY PASTY.

Β 

3 hours ago, MarkN said:
Β  Reveal hidden contents

Β 

Wordle 256 1/6

Β 

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Β  Reveal hidden contents

BINGO

Β 

Mildly disappointed that the message I got on revealing it was "Genius" rather than "You jammy twat!", because clearly I did very little here. I have to to pick a new starter now. I'm tempted to ditch the vowels altogether and go with SYNTH from now on. Gets me most of the same letters, and if that H hits it's a cracker.

Β 

Edit: Also thinking about it - using H gets rid of one of the prime suspects in the single letter chase issue - SPILL, SKILL, SHILL - SCONE, STONE, SHONE - STAVE, SLAVE SHAVE etc. Also today's HASTY TASTY PASTY.

Β 

You kept me waiting there. I could see it coming.

1 hour ago, Darwock said:

You kept me waiting there. I could see it coming.

I saw your post, and had an inkling it was me, because I'd posted just before, and I've stuck to my guns on my starter. Have to say it added a little something, wondering if the hunch was correct - and was chuffed when it turned up. :)Β I posted late to try to keep spoilers to a minimum (in the end I just spoilered the entire post, because I got tired of waiting).