IGNORED

Wordle - free daily word game (see link in first post)

Jamie John

in relation to todays word I wonder how they would handleΒ 

Β 

Spoiler

the double letter, if you guessed an L in spot 4 or 5 only you'd have both a green and a yellow from a single space

Β 

I nearly didn't guess TROLL as thought they'd avoid double use of single letters for that reason

Β 

54 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Β 

Β  Hide contents

the double letter, if you guessed an L in spot 4 or 5 only you'd have both a green and a yellow from a single space

Β 

I nearly didn't guess TROLL as thought they'd avoid double use of single letters for that reason

Β 

It screwed me up a bit!

2 hours ago, Gotters said:

Β 

Β  Hide contents

Β 

Β 

Surely you’d just have had a:

Β 

Spoiler

green for the spot you put it in? (EDIT: Can confirm)

Β 

Anyway:

Β 

Wordle 194 3/6

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

2 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Surely you’d just have had a:

Β 

Β  Hide contents

green for the spot you put it in? (EDIT: Can confirm)

Β 

Anyway:

Β 

Wordle 194 3/6

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Spoiler

you could get a green, but it's also an amber as is a correct letter in a wrong spot

Β 

i think repeat letters is a bit silly, no shortage of 5 letter words without repeats

Β 

2 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Β 

Β  Hide contents

you could get a green, but it's also an amber as is a correct letter in a wrong spot

Β 

i think repeat letters is a bit silly, no shortage of 5 letter words without repeats

Β 

But the game just gives you a green. I did think, having only played this for 3 days, that:

Β 

Spoiler

There would be no repeat letters,Β so I was surprised when it even accepted my correct guess as a word.

Β 

Spoiler

The game would be needlessly simplified if it abandoned words with repeat letters, especially as in theory it can only trip you up with this once.

Β 

When you know it's possible, you just factor it into your reasoning, and the game is still giving you the same information. If you want a yellow on top of your green to indicate the presence of another L, then try a word with two Ls, don't look for a freebie.

Β 

Wordle 194 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

No yellows - that's a first for me.

Β 

Spoiler

I don't mind the repeat letters. Here, the moment I put the O in it I don't think it could have been anything else due to eliminating so many useful letters already.

Β 

25 minutes ago, jonamok said:

How do I get the little block images you all have on iPhone?

I did Share, then Mail, then selected the contents of the mail and copied it, and then cancelled the mail.

• Jamie John changed the title to Wordle - free daily word game (see link in first post)