IGNORED

Wordle - free daily word game (see link in first post)

Jamie John

1 hour ago, spanx said:

I think after my fourth attempt today I just stared at the screen blankly for about 10 minutes absolutely bereft of ideas. 

I usually play just before bed, so I went to sleep and came back to it over coffee. Mostly because I nodded off while staring at the phone in bed, dropped it on the floor and woke my wife up. She was not sympathetic.

Did my first one today :)

Wordle 208 5/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛

⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛

🟩⬛🟩⬛⬛

🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

I was really stuck on the fourth go and sat there for 10-15 mins before punching in ABBED which I wasn't even sure was word. I'll take it!

1 minute ago, Darren said:

Does it actually check that your entry is a real word or could you try e.g. AEIOU?

It says "not in the word list" and it doesn't count as an entry (though you don't get any clues from it).

1 minute ago, Darren said:

Does it actually check that your entry is a real word or could you try e.g. AEIOU?

Yeah - it won't accept it. The screen shakes at you as well, as if to tell you off for trying to cheat.

After seeing this mentioned in the 'Pics that make you laugh and makr RLLMUK argue incessantly' thread I've been doing this for the past couple of days - Been very lucky so far I think (2 x 3rd lines & 1 x 4th)

image.png.8759da70ed776f0aa90cd2028d383197.png

Wordle 208 3/6

⬛🟨🟩⬛🟨
⬛🟨🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bloody hell though I can see this ruining my work days...

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Throw the letters you want to test at it in an order that could plausibly form a real word…and you learn a lot of new words.

Just hit midnight here so this is number 209. I wish I hadn’t rushed, my 4th guess was not plausible at all and if I’d spent more time thinking I would have surely found the right answer.

Wordle 209 5/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

20 minutes ago, makkuwata said:

Throw the letters you want to test at it in an order that could plausibly form a real word…and you learn a lot of new American words.

FTFY ;)

If anybody is interested in cheating and has no care for getting as few tries as possible- the following seems to always work:

Spoiler

RATED

SONIC

FLUMP

GAWKY

Leaves very letters left.

Wordle 208 6/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨

🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜

🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜

⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

ARISE

ALECK

ABOUT

Couldn't think of anything that fit AB_E_ so I tried ruling out more letters:

PINED

GAMEY

...And then I couldn't recognise a word that fit AB_EY with one of my unused letters in the gap. I ended up trying all the remaining possibilities of nonsense words like ABXEY and ABFEY and ABQEY before I remembered that double letters exist, so I could use a letter that had already turned green!

This one did not make me feel like much of a smart ALECK. :(

Wordle 208 3/6

🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

BROAD

TABLE

ABBEY

I did even think with the letters remaining between words two and three that it might end with BEY, but that still took me some long hard thinking.

28 minutes ago, Thor said:

This one beat me. :(

Hide contents

I got hung up on words with two of the same letters, TABBY, TALLY, TAFFY.

Yup me too , fail

Spoiler

STEAM

TRACK

TIDAL

TAFFY

TABBY

TAWNY

I notice some people are putting full solutions in the spoilers, some are leaving the Wordle itself off their lists… is there any sort of a consensus on what we should be doing best practice wise?

I’d been putting full solutions previously as I was personally only looking after completing them, but happy to fall in line if people would rather they weren’t there to accidentally see.