IGNORED

Wordle - free daily word game (see link in first post)

Jamie John

7 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Why is everyone 'Wordling' the answer? Because of spoilers not hiding properly for some people? To be honest, if that's the case, why are people coming in here before they've tried the days puzzle?

It seems a bit unnecessary to me, since people are getting the guesses that led the poster to guess the answer next go...

Β 

Anyhoo:

Β 

Wordle 210 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Spoiler

Shouldv'e stopped far a think after coming up with guess 2. The correct answer was more likely.

Β 

Wordle 210 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Spoiler

TRIES

FINCH

IONIC

PANIC

Β 

Was sure it ended with NIC but no idea where ionic came from, I guess I panicked and forgot the obvious word...

Β 

I’m kind of surprised by seeing some of the guesses you guys are trying.

Β 

BEAUT?

Β 

PANDY?

Β 

VARIS?Β 

Β 

Would the first be allowed in Scrabble? I can see from google that the other two *are* actually words, but surely nobody knows that?Β 

I've been playing a scrabble clone when the same people for a decade, but I'm enjoying how this game is making me think of words in a different way. Like, I'm pretty good when I've got limited tiles in front of me, but I'm finding I flail a bit when I have to find a word ending in a specific letter from most of the alphabet. For example,

Β 

Wordle 210 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 210 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Spoiler

FLOUT

APING

SPAIN

Β 

An inspired second guess, but I just struggled with finding a suitable word so Spain was there to try alternative letter positions.

Β 

Gave me enough to get there but in retrospect, should have been three.

Β 

Β 

4 hours ago, Darwock said:

I’m kind of surprised by seeing some of the guesses you guys are trying.

Β 

BEAUT?

Β 

PANDY?

Β 

VARIS?Β 

Β 

Would the first be allowed in Scrabble? I can see from google that the other two *are* actually words, but surely nobody knows that?Β 

Well the alternative to opening with a β€˜word’ with as many vowels and common consonants as possible is opening with a guess that you genuinely think will be correct. Best not to overthink it and find the fun where you can. For me it’s just the cultural moment we’ll all forget about in a month then be reminded of for a beat in some other thread 6 years from now.

1 hour ago, makkuwata said:

Well the alternative to opening with a β€˜word’ with as many vowels and common consonants as possible is opening with a guess that you genuinely think will be correct. Best not to overthink it and find the fun where you can. For me it’s just the cultural moment we’ll all forget about in a month then be reminded of for a beat in some other thread 6 years from now.

Β 

This is both the most accurate and depressing thing I've read in a while.

1 hour ago, makkuwata said:

The problem I have now is that if I switch from "SAINT" it could be tomorrow's word. How awful would that be?*

Β 

Β 

*It wouldn't be awful at all. It's a silly throwaway game, and there'll be another tomorrow. And at least I'd get bragging rights on some level, however small...

Wordle 211 5/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Missed 210 - busy Saturday! Tried to do this one as quickly as possible today, bit careless with guess 3 by repeating the "in the word but not there" letter position

Wordle 211 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Spoiler

TIRED

PRONG

RUMOR

SOLAR

Β 

It might seem a bit weird that I had so little filled out before being able to make the final guess, but its because I had locked down the O position thanks to my previous guesses, and the R at the end could only really be preceded with an A (seeing as it was the only vowel I had left, and I don't think any consonants would have gone there). I like how there are little leaps of logic you can make with stuff like that in this game. (I also saw above someone guessed Polar, thankfully I'd already used the P, or I would have been in the same position!)

Β 

Wordle 211 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

Actually my favourite round I’ve played so far, due to the first two yellow letters I was stuck with. They made for some

tremendous detective work.

Β 

Spoiler

Tango

Cocoa

Loads

Wordle

Β