IGNORED

Wordle - free daily word game (see link in first post)

Jamie John

Wordle 196 6/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

To be honest that's a normal Dutch word but I had no idea that it's also an English word! :lol: That's why it took me so long to guess. My 6th attempt was like fuck it might as well do this but this isn't English right?Β 

Β 

Wordle 196 3/6

Β 

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

I got lucky with that one:

Β 

Spoiler

Went for

Β 

BREAD, which got me the B, R and E, then

Β 

SOBER, which put the B in the right place, then I just guessed REBUS as I needed another vowel, and it was right.

Β 

Ironic that a rebus is also a type of puzzle. Clever!

Β 

Wordle is my actual game of the year.

My first three:

Β 

Wordle 196 3/6

Β 

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

Does anyone know if this uses American spellings? I was tempted to try a word thats different in UK and American English, and didn't know which one to go for.

43 minutes ago, Silent Runner said:

Β  Reveal hidden contents

Β 

Β 

Rebus is a Latin word right? Bit annoying.

Β 

Β 

Β 

It's...

Β 

Spoiler

...the name of the type of puzzle where pictures are used to spell out words. It does come from a latin phrase, but it's a perfectly good English word in its own right.

Β 

Wordle 196 4/6

Β 

⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜

🟩🟨⬜🟨🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Spoiler

ARISE

SOUND

RULES

Β 

That told me that the R and S were in the right place, and the U and E were not. I couldn't think of anything to fit REU-S and R-EUS, so RE-US seemed most likely. Then B was the only consonant that fit in the middle to make a word I knew.

Β 

1 hour ago, Mike1812 said:

Well. Thought I'd got a good start πŸ˜‚

Wordle 196 6/6

πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Spoiler

I'm guessing knowing the S at the end is going to make you go looking for plurals, which is unfortunate. Actually does it do plurals? I can't remember one yet...

Β 

33 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Hang on, what does hard mode do? I don't understand it from the explanation.

Β 

image.png.766459ef1b04b4b50e6da95b9813e250.png

Β 

I think it means if you find a letter you have to include it in the next line, which limits the amount of new letters you can discover. Spoiler is more explanation, if an example is needed.

Β 

Spoiler

I realised earlier (but didn't do) that you could do something like STEAK and BROIL as the first two lines, which then covers off the possibility of 10 letters being in the solution. Say the S was yellow, on hard mode, BROIL wouldn't be possible so would have to do something like BOILS instead.

Β 

Β 

I saw that earlier today and was a bit baffled, probably because if I turn up a correct letter in the correct place I tend to use it from then on in the hope that I guess the right answer. But you could instead forfeit that, and use the known slot to try to find (or elimate) another letter. And if I find a correct letter that's in the wrong place I will always try to find the right place from then on. Basically, I've been playing hard mode as default. I'd guess many folk do.

20 minutes ago, MarkN said:

I saw that earlier today and was a bit baffled, probably because if I turn up a correct letter in the correct place I tend to use it from then on in the hope that I guess the right answer. But you could instead forfeit that, and use the known slot to try to find (or elimate) another letter. And if I find a correct letter that's in the wrong place I will always try to find the right place from then on. Basically, I've been playing hard mode as default. I'd guess many folk do.

Absolutely, I played it hard mode anyway, altering where the yellows go in the next one. Hadn't occurred to me to scatter gun it at first.