IGNORED

Wordle - free daily word game (see link in first post)

Jamie John

14 minutes ago, Soulstar said:

Think I’m done with this game. Cba anymore. Sat here at work and it’s a distraction. If only I do the same with Golf Clash. 

It takes about 5 minutes. It’s ok to give up and fail. 

Love that we get toys out the pram posts for fucking WORDLE now!

Wordle 240 3/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

I’m not sure it really tests optimal starting words, unless they’re Constanant heavy. You get rid of a load of vowels very quickly, and then there’s very little left.

Pleased to get 3 on this one - especially with no yellows!

Wordle 240 3/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

COUGH

CREAM

After that, I thought that "ci" at the start seemed very unlikely, so I decided to think of "cy" words instead. The answer was the first one I thought of - yes, it came to mind even before "CYCLE" (which had already been ruled out due to the E anyway).

Interesting. I've been running the game from the original site up until now - I've just left the tab open in my browser each day, and so it's never passed me on to the NY Times site. However, earlier I accidentally shut my PC down, rather than setting it to sleep, meaning that I had to restore the tabs, which moved me across to the NY Times.

So I thought it best to redo today's puzzle to keep my stats going, and I'd use the answers I originally gave. Except they've edited the word list, so my second guess was no longer allowed:

Spoiler

LYNCH

I guess they're going all out to protect themselves. If that's gone, I'd imagine a hell of a lot more words have too. 

I can't believe today's one have have used two guesses and yielded two letters in the wrong place...... given those two shitty letters and the others that are already eliminated  I can't even come up with a third guess.

Spoiler

Stray..... gives me a Y bit not at the end. 

Yield..... gives me I but not there. 

And no every I and y containing word I can think of doesn't  fit.... now I see that hard mode can be hard after all.

Ok that was brutally hard

Wordle 240 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

I'm often over alert to double letter words and it costs me a wasted guess but it took ages today for that final word to be figured out

Stray

Yield

Vying

Wordle a complete kant!

Wordle 241 4/6*

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I noticed today that my stats are still buggered. Every time I go to the site it thinks I’ve played 48 and have a streak of 48 (which was the correct number when it transitioned over). When I complete the Wordle it correctly updates it to 49. 

The next day it has gone back to 48 😞 

It’s not a big thing in the scheme of things, but it’s a little annoying as was nice to keep track of. Ah well. Still a nice little daily routine. 

Wordle 241 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨

⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛

🟨🟨⬛⬛🟨

⬛🟩🟩🟨⬛

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

SHEAR

QUARK

RATIO

GROAN

Two days in a row now with a repeated letter at the beginning and end of the word. Suspect there's something to the notion that the NYT is being deliberately tricky.

4 minutes ago, MrPogo said:

Playing in a different time zone? I assume it updates at the local midnight where ever you are.

Nope, same time zone and we’ve always had the same word before. Even weirder, the solition for me was very similar to their word and I even used used their word as one of my guesses.