IGNORED

Wordle - free daily word game (see link in first post)

Jamie John

4 minutes ago, Minion said:

Sorry why are there 2 versions?

Β 

Reading back through the thread, it seems the old web site was using a trickier word today than the new one. Guess I'm lucky I had to switch yesterday, after needing to restore my browser tabs due to an accidental shutdown.

1 minute ago, MarkN said:

Reading back through the thread, it seems the old web site was using a trickier word today than the new one. Guess I'm lucky I had to switch yesterday, after needing to restore my browser tabs due to an accidental shutdown.

Β 

Oh I've been using the same bookmark so I wasn't aware the old page could still be accessed. Anyway I'll stick with what I'm using. My streak is lost anyway as when I was on holiday I was using different devices. Also I gave up on Knoll as I was knackered and drained and it was hard, so my streak is from Knoll....

1 hour ago, JPR said:

Wordle 241 6/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Β  Reveal hidden contents

SWORD

GROVE

TROUT

BROCK

PROXY

WORDLE

Β 

I could see myself getting caught in that trap so tried to narrow down the other letters first.Β 

Β 

It didn't go well.Β 

Β 

Wordle 241 5/6

β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›

β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

I'll take 5.

21 minutes ago, Minion said:

Sorry why are there 2 versions?

Β 

The original Wordle has two word lists - one for words that can be the word of the day, and a second, longer list of valid words that you can choose.

Β 

The NYT version has definitely sanitised their second list recently. If they've done so for the first list as well, then different list lengths mean the random number generator will produce two different words. It seems not everyone has completely been shifted onto the NYT version, so those still on the original game will have a different word to those elsewhere.

Wordle 241 3/6*

🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

Spoiler

AUDIO

AGONY

Bullshit word

I got the hard word version from the old site (what even is that man?!). Only got it at all because of a lucky second guess, couldn’t for the life of me think of any valid five letter words beginning with those three letters and took a punt on something I didn’t think would be an actual word. Guess it was…

5 hours ago, Gabzy said:

I think I had the hard version today, because the word is bullshit (not literally).

You're still using the 'old' site.Β 

Β 

Update the bookmark to the NYT version to be on the same version as almost everyone else.

3 hours ago, Fondue said:

I could see myself getting caught in that trap so tried to narrow down the other letters first.

Β 

It's not a fun way to go about it but I've had a few end up like that and thankfully with the odd letters left it seems like the only word left is the solution. It can sometimes just take a while to finally see and once you do you feel silly for not seeing something so obvious.

Wordle 241 5/6

Β 

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜

⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Spoiler

HEFTY

SOUND

CLOCK

VIOLA (yeah, not a valid hard mode guess because L was already ruled out, but I thought it was about time I checked for I and A)

*what's that smell?*

Β 

9 hours ago, ilpostino said:

Wordle 241 6/6

β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

That was just a pain in the arse.

Β 

Yeah, I had exactly the same run - those were the worst two letters to get first. My first 6/6. Hard mode.

Β 

What were your guesses? Mine were:

Β 

Spoiler

PROLE

GROUT

BROWN

DROSS

CROAK

WORDLE

Wordle 241 6/6*

⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

1 hour ago, smac said:

Β 

Yeah, I had exactly the same run - those were the worst two letters to get first. My first 6/6. Hard mode.

Β 

What were your guesses? Mine were:

Β 

Spoiler

DROVE

CROFT

BROWN

PROPS

GROAN

WORDLE

Β 

Oops, was watching a Youtube video whilst solving and repeated the same wrong placed letter in the same place 3 times, and another one 2 times!Β 

Β 

But there is a silver lining, as a result I now have the golden equilibrium stat-line:

wordle.JPG.70992d8fa69edb1f2753c4cab1d5fcd8.JPG

Β 

Β 

Wordle 242 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Spoiler

GHOST

PLEAD

FLAIR (used the L in the same place...)

BLACK (used the L and the A in the same place...)

BINGO

Β 

Weirdness from yesterday continues, not only did I get a different word from the rest of those I play with but todays word for me is the one that most of you had yesterday. Wtf is going on.