Rate the Terminators!

Captain Kelsten

Rate the Terminators!  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Pob said:

Except for the bit where the T1000 stabs a police officer moments after materialising, I agree.

You don't see him stabbed. The T-1000 moves in, thrusts with his fist, the cop goes down. No blades, no blood. Could easily be read as a swift takedown. It's only with prior knowledge of the T-1000 that you understand that dude got kebabed.

Just now, Fry Crayola said:

You don't see him stabbed. The T-1000 moves in, thrusts with his fist, the cop goes down. No blades, no blood. Could easily be read as a swift takedown.

Oh really? I thought he made quite an unambiguous 'death gurgle' sound but I'll bow to your recent experience!

First Terminator all the way down is the correct way to do it, except for the best quote. I was forced to go with 'I'll be back' to stay true to the original movie but in fact everone knows the best one-liner is the 'Niyce naight foah a waark - nuuthing clean....riight' megablast sarcasm combo :quote:

1 and 2 only for me.

3 wasn't a bad film though.

3 was probably made too early. The concept of a Terminator being able to control machines was a great idea but, in 2003, there was a limited scope for the type of machines she/it could use. 

Imagine it now. There's so much that could've been done as technology now is literally everywhere that can be hacked.

A female Terminator was refreshing.

The opening car chase was also one of the best of the entire franchise.

On 29/12/2021 at 22:09, Gambit said:

I'm happy that so many others appreciate the ending of T3. It may be a weak film overall but I loved the bleakness of it.

The final bit of dialogue on the bunker radio:

"Whose in charge?"

Jon Connor: ".......I am"

I felt so sad for John at the end of T3. Having to find his resolve and step up to lead humanity, with full knowledge of what's just happened and the awful life ahead of him. Especially after trying so hard to prevent it and knowing that he'd failed.

That shot of the nuclear explosions from space was horrifying as well, just thinking about what's happening to all those people on the ground. The score for that scene was excellent.

40 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

I can't decide between 1 and 2. Is 1 a better horror film than 2 is a better action film? 

Yes, that's completely correct. 

2 is an action film with brief elements of horror (the Terminator being able to morph is a homage to The Thing [in my mind anyway]). 1 is pretty much a sci-fi horror film. 

Sticking to the action template of T2, is one of the many things that they've done wrong. 

There's room for genuine scares, if you think about some of the things that The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Dark Fate delved into. 

Terminators being infiltration units first and foremost, means that they could literally be anyone. 

Imagine finding out that your doting other half was a T-1000 and you had what you think is information on their target. 

What would you do?

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Never seen Terminator 2 before. Going to watch it later tonight or tomorrow.

Theatrical or Extended cut? 

Both are good, and worth watching, but I’d start with Theatrical as extended can get a little saggy.

1 hour ago, Protocol Penguin said:

I’d honestly suggest neither. Instead, just find a mirror and take a long, hard look at yourself.

1 hour ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Somehow. Somehow worse than a previously confessed crime in the film folder of having not seen Commando. #neverforget #howisthatevenpossible

35 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

Somehow. Somehow worse than a previously confessed crime in the film folder of having not seen Commando. #neverforget #howisthatevenpossible

I only watched Commando for the first time last August thanks to Disney+, believe it or not.

Theatrical cut of T2 it is, then. :) 

So what did you think of Terminator 2, @Protocol Penguin? I'm interested in how it comes across to someone who's never seen it before today: did you find it an action landmark that you regret not watching sooner... or underwhelming compared to more recent VFX-heavy action/sci fi films?

Are you one of those people who think it's a big step down from the first film?