Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

5 minutes ago, Marlowe said:

Not really fair. Made a few overtakes and was hindered by the double stacked pit under VSC.

Verstappen made up the same number of positions including passing his team mate and won by 20 seconds.  

The double stack didn't loose Hamilton 25 seconds.

6 minutes ago, mexos said:

Driver of the day has always been bollocks.

This covers it though

It's sweet that people think Max had to put effort into passing his team mate, who definitely had not just been told not to fight. :lol: Who then got the ol' Wobbler pit stop special to remind him of his position.

Christian Horner going full gaslight "we said if you find yourselves racing each other give the space" and labelling this a mature win for Max

10 minutes ago, wev said:

Well after making himself toxic to other Constructors and at least 2 major engine manufacturers, I guess the only thing left for Alonso is to fuck off the other drivers. 

1 hour ago, rafaqat said:

As much I we say Hamilton hasn’t had the luck, he’d be able to avoid some of it by qualifying higher than George in the first place. 

The team have said Lewis is running different ‘experimental’ parts to George so it’s not comparable - Lewis has shown better race pace at nearly every track so while I’m a George fan it looks like Lewis is playing the long team game as aware can’t win so developing the car esp in practice and quali.

Yeah, I think he's sacked the year off already and is just looking at 2023 now. 

The engine is down on power 

The car shakes like a washing machine on full spin

The cost cap mean's they can't develop it much. 

The FIA is being run by a new twat

Better to accept what's in front of you than cry about what you can't have. 

6 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

The team have said Lewis is running different ‘experimental’ parts to George so it’s not comparable - Lewis has shown better race pace at nearly every track so while I’m a George fan it looks like Lewis is playing the long team game as aware can’t win so developing the car esp in practice and quali.

1 hour ago, kiroquai said:

Am beginning to wonder if this GR/LH thing at Merc is starting to mirror what happened at Ferrari in 2019 when Leclerc rocked up.

No, there's a long list of excuses reasons why George is beating Lewis.

It would be a lot closer if Russell wasn't incredibly lucky with safety cars in the times he's been behind Hamilton. But Ferrari being Ferrari and Red Bull definitely not favoring one driver over the other for the championship talking about Hamilton being past it might be the only interesting thing about the rest of the season. 

I highly doubt Hamilton is past it but the simple fact is that George is beating him in every way so far this season.

Lando is beating Ricciardo, Charles is beating Carlos, Bottas is beating Zhou, Gasly is beating Tsunoda, Ocon is beating Alonso, Magnussen is beating Schumacher and George is beating Lewis. 

A lot of people seem keen to make excuses for Lewis rather than acknowledge or offer praise for the great job George is doing against a 7-time World champion. Lewis needs to up his game, which I'm sure he is more than capable of, but the challenge has been laid down by a very promising up and coming young driver.

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

I highly doubt Hamilton is past it but the simple fact is that George is beating him in every way so far this season.

Lando is beating Ricciardo, Charles is beating Carlos, Bottas is beating Zhou, Gasly is beating Tsunoda, Ocon is beating Alonso, Magnussen is beating Schumacher and George is beating Lewis. 

A lot of people seem keen to make excuses for Lewis rather than acknowledge or offer praise for the great job George is doing against a 7-time World champion. Lewis needs to up his game, which I'm sure he is more than capable of, but the challenge has been laid down by a very promising up and coming young driver.

You missed, team orders are beating Perez.

1 minute ago, layten said:

You missed, team orders are beating Perez.

I also missed deflection. Never mind what George is doing, have you seen what those scumbags at RB are doing? 

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I also missed deflection. Never mind what George is doing, have you seen what those scumbags at RB are doing? 

Yea, George is driving the parts that have known performance characteristics, while Lewis is using the knowledge and skills of being the most successful F1 driver in the history of the sport to develop and test new parts. Just like the Mercedes team boss said.

Perhaps Lewis should try getting his old man to be a big giant whiny piss baby in the press to get the team to enforce orders this early into the season.

Be fair, George has rocked up from the back of the grid in possibly the slowest F1 car built in the last 10 years and nailed it. 

Lewis meanwhile, has looked a touch lacklustre after possibly the most pressure cooker intense season in living memory, where he had the championship stolen from him, his honour called into question by the new FIA boss. After almost 10 years of being the most successful F1 driver of all time. 

Of course George is smoking his has been ass with new kidz skillz!!!?

George is very good. But, he's not Lando. 

14 minutes ago, layten said:

Yea, George is driving the parts that have known performance characteristics, while Lewis is using the knowledge and skills of being the most successful F1 driver in the history of the sport to develop and test new parts. Just like the Mercedes Team boss said.

Yeah, he's not trying to protect Lewis' pride by adding to the list of excuses. Not Lewis getting priority on upgrades designed by the finest engineers in the business to fix Merc's problems and still losing. No, he's nobly having any old junk lying about the garage bolted onto his car to the detriment of his season. What a martyr.

You're in denial, sorry.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Yeah, he's not trying to protect Lewis' pride by adding to the list of excuses. Not Lewis getting priority on upgrades designed by the finest engineers in the business to fix Merc's problems, no, he's nobly having any old junk lying about the garage bolted onto his car to the detriment of his season. What a martyr.

You're in denial, sorry.

I'm conflicted now. Do I take the word of the boss of the Mercedes team, or a nobody on the internet who is desperate to downplay the accomplishments of the sports most successful ever driver. While taking every opportunity to praise another who needs team orders this early in the season to beat somebody who almost didn't have a drive a year ago.

🤷

11 minutes ago, Sidewaysbob said:

Be fair, George has rocked up from the back of the grid in possibly the slowest F1 car built in the last 10 years and nailed it. 

Lewis meanwhile, has looked a touch lacklustre after possibly the most pressure cooker intense season in living memory, where he had the championship stolen from him, his honour called into question by the new FIA boss. After almost 10 years of being the most successful F1 driver of all time. 

Some have been waiting a decade to have a go at Lewis. Not that their opinion is worth shit.

2 minutes ago, layten said:

I'm conflicted now. Do I take the word of the boss of the Mercedes team, or a nobody on the internet who is desperate to downplay the accomplishments of the sports most successful ever driver. While taking every opportunity to praise another who needs team orders this early in the season to beat somebody who almost didn't have a drive a year ago.

🤷

There goes that deflection again. If you cared to read my posts instead of living a fantasy where you think I'm a Max fanboy just because I don't hate him, you'd find I take a very objective view of proceedings and don't favour any driver over any other. The irony being of course, that you are a massive Lewis fanboy.

George is beating Lewis, so far this season. Fair and square. If you can accept that simple fact, you might start to see things as they are and not how you want them to be and maybe even become a fan of the sport one day.

lol

which of the 3 demographics are you? I'll go with know nothing about racing, as you claim to know better about what is going on inside Mercedes than the team boss.

11 minutes ago, layten said:

Some have been waiting a decade to have a go at Lewis. Not that their opinion is worth shit.

I was at that race :) (even made it onto the podium)

3 minutes ago, layten said:

lol

which of the 3 groups are you?

I have never maligned Lewis. :facepalm: 

Stating that George is beating Lewis so far this season is not maligning Lewis. I'm as happy for Lewis to win as I am for anyone else to win. I can see how you'd struggle with that as you only want Lewis to win.