Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

Just watching P2 and it’s Johnny and Rachel in the comm box. The gulf in value both of them bring to the show is laughable. Rachel is totally on it and Johnny is… god it’s just embarrassing. Sky should use her more.

3 minutes ago, mexos said:

Just watching P2 and it’s Johnny and Rachel in the comm box. The gulf in value both of them bring to the show is laughable. Rachel is totally on it and Johnny is… god it’s just embarrassing. Sky should use her more.

Forced myself to not come in here saying he really has to go now but you're right. He has been an embarrassment all weekend. Yesterday on the skypad he was debating with himself whether Checo had left the track at turn 9 when it was turn 8 that he had left the track (by a mile). Then his questions to Otmar were cringeworthy. He's likeable enough, but he's not up to the job.

BBC has Nicholls back this week (he didn't do Silverstone due to Formula E clash).

Also in the booth are Andrew Benson, plus Marc Priestley yesterday and Jamie Chadwick this morning. Not sure who's doing the actual races. 

It's a good team, in whatever permutation. 

11 hours ago, mexos said:

I pointed him out to my other half as the guy that rinses us every Monday. 

I said similar in one of my Discord channels, though I've not raced with you guys since GT Sport

I have 7 but not ps+ it was one of the things I had to let go when it's renewal came up, at least until I've got back into work and things have settled down again, I do miss it 

2 hours ago, wev said:

Rachel and Naomi are so much better than the majority of the male sky sports f1 team, the only one I like is Chandhock because of how enthusiastic he is 

For sure they have too many ex-drivers that are long in the tooth. People I like too, but I don’t want them as pundits. Use them for heritage features. Driving old cars etc. But keep them away from the tracks. TBH Jens is getting borderline for me on this one too.

Naomi has improved a lot, she just put Johnny in his place. Palmer is still the missing piece for me in the team mind. Come on Sky, poach him. I’d prefer him full time than rotating people in and out. Feels a bit disjointed.

As dull as a short track with 3 DRS zones suggests it will be, what a waste of time that was - so now cars can follow each other but take out any strategy from the race and thats all they can do… follow each other zZzzzZzzzZZzzzz

4 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

As Nicholls put it: "Hamilton started in ninth and spent 22 laps getting up to eighth."

He got clattered by Gasly at the start. Perez only got past the Haas DRS train because Mick had brain fade and opened the door which he didn’t do again. Hamilton will probably be .stuck in a DRS train tomorrow while Max waltz’s off it into the distance as the Ferraris fight each other for first runner up.

21 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

As dull as a short track with 3 DRS zones suggests it will be, what a waste of time that was - so now cars can follow each other but take out any strategy from the race and thats all they can do… follow each other zZzzzZzzzZZzzzz

You must have missed Checo going from 13th to 5th, Charles and Carlos swapping places a couple of times and some other overtakes and battles. 

What if they forced them to start the Grand Prix on the tyres they finished the sprint with? You’d have a bit of a compromise between wanting to score the points in the sprint, and the optimal strategy in the GP, possibly with people not scoring points putting during the sprint to start the Grand Prix on better tyres.