Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

If that's how you wish to see it, Graham. That's certainly not how I intend it.

Yeah, sorry. It is how I hear it to a certain extent, but snippy remarks isn’t the right way to respond. 

Over the years I’ve seen it a lot when bitter partisanship for a sports team or political party leads to people minimising and both-sidesing when they see racism, homophobia, anti-semitism etc and it’s not right.

I basically stopped watching football after my football club and our fans did themselves no favours when our star player racially abused a player for our big rival. At the end of the day sport is less important.

*edit* I would agree with you in that I think taking the heat out of that bitter partisanship in general is a good thing. 

2 minutes ago, ryodi said:

George takes the racing line and hits the apex while Perez gets ahead by taking more speed around the outside and then turns in as if Russell isn’t there. 

Yep. Ridiculous penalty. 

Edited to add: Consistent though. Silverstone 21, Max does exactly the same thing. Knows Hamilton is there and chooses to turn across him. Just with more spectacular results. That wasn't Lewis's penalty either but here we are. 

1 hour ago, Blue said:

The level of extreme partisanship present in today's F1 is sickening. It's for every true F1 fan to do their bit to discourage it rather than fan the flames and to call out those who help to perpetuate it.

No doubt it was Max supporters who cheered Lewis' crash in qualifying. No doubt it was Lewis fans booing Max at Silverstone. No doubt it was Lewis fans cheering Max' crash at Silverstone last year and no doubt it is Max fans making racist and sexist comments in Austria this year. The drivers themselves are not responsible for this.

This is hate, and every example of it contributes to an escalation of hate. People in this very thread who will be quick to decry cheering at Lewis's crash are more than happy to LOL it up when max has a mishap and examples of hate are depressingly common here. You're part of the problem. Similarly, you don't have to look hard to find extreme viewpoints, behaviour and hate speech directed at Lewis in the comments sections of F1 articles and videos or at the track. These people are scumbags who have allowed their support of a driver or team or country to go well beyond healthy levels. I'm certain the drivers themselves just want to turn up and drive cars. 

You say this but have in this very thread failed to condemn Max’s racist slurs over the years and even excused them for ‘reasons’ so it doesn’t across as particularly sincere.

4 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

You say this but have in this very thread failed to condemn Max’s racist slurs over the years and even excused them for ‘reasons’ so it doesn’t across as particularly sincere.

You are disingenuous and can't be reasoned with, so I won't attempt it.

Just now, mexos said:

Lec might as well stop the lap after a Max. No point in 1 stopping now.

I wonder if Sainz can back Verstappen into Hamilton in terms of pit stop timings - maybe not in his nature but this could be a huge point swing with some clever strategy so given its Ferrari expect a Redbull win…