Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

Bit of a surprise result but well done Charles, class ahead today - Redbull just be a bit worried that on their own circuit they were a long way behind a working Ferrari and couldn’t catch a broken one.

Gutted for Sainz tho, he was on fire on the last stint and then was literally on fire :( 

How have Mercedes ended up 3rd and 4th - wrong wings on and still they rise!!!

Sainz was so unlucky with that engine failure. Charles was brillant and Max had a solid drive. Russell’s penalty was harsh and Mercedes remain solid but miles off the pace.

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

Sainz was so unlucky with that engine failure. Charles was brillant and Max had a solid drive. Russell’s penalty was harsh and Mercedes remain solid but miles off the pace.

At least they have solved the porpoising. They can concentrate on performance now while certain other teams concentrate on making their floors and plank legal. 🤭

13 minutes ago, ryodi said:

I'm guessing that out of all the teams on the grid that Mercedes have finished the most races this season. It's obviously scant consolation to them given the other issues the car has but their reliability is the one major plus for them this season. 

One of those races that won't live long in the memory with the exception of Sainz's engine popping. That was a hell of a bang. 

27 minutes ago, bear said:

One of those races that won't live long in the memory with the exception of Sainz's engine popping. That was a hell of a bang. 

Just out of interest, what would be a ‘good’ race for you? I mean, there was lots of overtaking, some interesting strategy and some mechanical drama, so not sure what else you’d want?

I enjoyed that race, I have to admit I was sceptical about the new regs as I've seen its so many times and promises broken way too often. 

The older more traditional tracks seem to generate decent races. 

Seeing 5 cars head into a corner 2 and three abreast almost is great

Like the Albon crash with Hamilton plenty of space on the outside but Perez cuts across early and theres contact.

Considering how wildly different the stewarding was today compared to yesterday I expect the FIA to those €10k later in the season due to some ridiculous rule breach.