Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

It's the second half of his statement when asked about the abuse, the first half was:

"Of course it’s not good, “Verstappen said.

“These things shouldn’t happen. I read a few shocking things, so that’s clearly not OK.

“I shouldn’t even need to say this, I think this should be a general understanding that these things shouldn’t happen.

“A normal human being shouldn't think like that and shouldn't behave like that.”

Verstappen felt there could be an improvement in the amount of security and supervisors to aid fans who are subject to abuse. He also suggested a limit on how much alcohol was sold to fans, but stressed that it was “not an excuse”.

5 hours ago, Count Buffalos said:

Just out of interest, what would be a ‘good’ race for you? I mean, there was lots of overtaking, some interesting strategy and some mechanical drama, so not sure what else you’d want?

I never said it wasn't a good race. I said it wouldn't live long in the memory and it won't. Unless this marks the start of a Ferrari period of dominance then I don't think anyone will be talking about this race much at the end of the season. 

It might prove memorable as the race where Ferrari became much faster than RB and Charles managed to hold a failing car together for the win in remarkable fashion. Let's hope he can close this gap and fight for the title. 

I was sure during the race that Ferrari had made a tactical blunder. They had opportunities to cover Max’s stops and still keep track position but they didn’t do it.

Watching the overtakes again it hit home why I had thought that. I was expecting a much more… robust defence like we saw all last year. But it didn’t happen. It was fair racing, no funny business. Maybe it was because it wasn’t Ham, maybe it’s just he’s changed or specifically because it was Lec? Dunno. I just thought it was interesting. 

I think there is definitely a mutual respect and trust between Max and Charles that isn't there between Max and Lewis. 

They came up together at the same time, so they've been racing each other most of their lives. 

Whether that respect would survive a close, bitter, battle for a championship like Max and Lewis had last year (if this year comes to it), I don't know. 

23 minutes ago, RFT said:

I think there is definitely a mutual respect and trust between Max and Charles that isn't there between Max and Lewis. 

They came up together at the same time, so they've been racing each other most of their lives. 

They raced each other in go karts but Max skipped all of the junior formulas and went straight into F1 while Charles had to go through F3, F2 and Sauber.

I think what happened is that Max has a big lead in the championship, is still in the best car and had more to lose. He won a game of chicken against Mick at Silverstone because he knew Mick had more to lose with a crash but coming away from the RBR losing only 5 points means it wasn't worth the fight. 

yeah, he knew there wasn't much point fighting it too hard, the Ferrari was just so much better than the Redbull and he knew it. he wasn't in any danger of being caught by the Merc, so give up the spot and live to fight another day.

It's a worrying display of maturity from Max

He's been more mature on track this year, aside from that first race where he kept dive bombing Charles who would just let him through and then retake him.

Off track he seems the same old Max

Can we start lobbying for Charles and Carlos to change their race numbers to 27 and 28? The old-school Ferrari vibes are already strong, but could still be stronger...