IGNORED

Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

1 hour ago, mexos said:

You know I'm beginning to think they might not be sandbagging after all. 

i’d love it, absolutely bloody love it (Kevin Keegan)  if they were 2 seconds a lap faster at the last race. The ultimate sandbaggers. 

50 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

Are Red Bull complaining about it?

Tbf the only comment from Horner I've seen is that they'd have been maybe a tenth closer to Charles if he hadn't have had the tow, he thinks they'll be stronger than Ferrari in the race 

1 hour ago, wev said:

Tbf the only comment from Horner I've seen is that they'd have been maybe a tenth closer to Charles if he hadn't have had the tow, he thinks they'll be stronger than Ferrari in the race 

So it’ll come down to reliability/pit calls vs tyre degradation then.  

Truth is, the real clowns are languishing a second behind the leaders and Toto is well aware of it. I think he's reached the end of his teather with failed development and we might see heads roll, with him now saying "It's not good enough." The real trouble may not be the current lost season, but whether their inability to sort the car out carries over into subsequent seasons. A second is a lot to make up. If they had managed to get it down to a couple of tenths it would be less of a concern. They do have good reliability, which is a real blessing, but they have their work cut out if they are not going to hand out an extended Ferrari and/or Red Bull era on a plate. Typically you'd think "It's Mercedes, don't worry" but as time goes on and they fail to catch up, alarm bells must start to ring. I wonder if they are suffering from the loss of key personnel we've seen over the past couple of years. Maybe it's time to write off this season and put all their resources into reimagining the fundamental design of the car for next year.

As for this race and season, I hope Ferrari can hold things together enough to be in the fight at the end. They have very real reliability issues which they freely admit can't be sorted in the short term. A real pity because Charles is more than ready to kick Max' arse if given the chance.

Oh yeah this year is a full scale cock up. And it is a huge risk for their future. Lobbying for rule changes to help their situation on safety grounds is F1 teams doing what they do best. Change the situation to improve their own position. Tbh without it I get the feeling it could be a barren few years. They are miles behind.

Having said all that I would absolutely prefer that all skullduggery, lobbying and team involvement in rules was not allowed at all. The FIA or whoever set the rules and you play by them or fuck off.  

Agreed, the FIA need to be stronger, same with stuff like track limits, if teams/drivers don't like it, then they know where the door is.

It'll never happen though, not after decades of Ferrari pulling the "F1 needs Ferrari more than Ferrari need F1"

Well he does offer some decent insight and he’s earned it honestly. Sad not to see him trackside because of his stance but at least he isn’t flying round the world adding more of a carbon footprint for commentary. Kinda works for the best. 

1 minute ago, taurusnipple said:

Well he does offer some decent insight and he’s earned it honestly. Sad not to see him trackside because of his stance but at least he isn’t flying round the world adding more of a carbon footprint for commentary. Kinda works for the best. 

Has he mentioned beating Lewis in equal equipment , I never heard that bit yet.